PAGES (7)down
14 Mar 2016, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 15:22 PMKatitof

Thats 20%.

Get your facts straight.

Ty where can I see this information apart from cog stats and the game itself
14 Mar 2016, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 14:20 PMaaa

Its misleading to estimate numbers only. If you count mp+fuel and unit types for that mp fuel its would be clear oh teching is cheap as okw is.

Ie sov sniper mg cons cost more than same oh units
All Light vehicles, mediums same story with bigger MP/F difference. Esp mediums. Only heavies have same price.

No one can deny there is a high level of consistency in the nature of your posts.
14 Mar 2016, 17:41 PM

It's very simple.
If I play agasint 1000+ rank, my emplacements are killing them.
If I play agasint 500+ rank, my emplacements with this new doctrine are rekting them.
But if I play agasint decet AT, let's say top 200, they have no problems wit coordination and killing one by one each emplacemtns.

So....? L2P
14 Mar 2016, 17:43 PM

It's very simple.
If I play agasint 500+ rank, my emplacements with this new doctrine are rekting them.
But if I play agasint decet AT, let's say top 200, they have no problems wit coordination and killing one by one each emplacemtns.

So....? L2P

Semoskiy, Minsk, Crossing, Kharkov :foreveralone:
14 Mar 2016, 17:44 PM

Semoskiy, Minsk, Crossing, Kharkov :foreveralone:

Minsk? Nah..
But that's the problem with maps, not emplacements.
14 Mar 2016, 17:47 PM

Minsk? Nah..
But that's the problem with maps, not emplacements.

Emplacements are stupid design...requires zero user input yet still gets the job done.

Now with the cancer regiment, on these maps they are beyond sanity with the HP boost. Covering 2 VPs, counter-arty barrages the whole map.

I'd pay a LOT of money to see them removed.
14 Mar 2016, 17:50 PM

It's very simple.

So....? L2P

Well I posted a replay yesterday where the used to be rank 12 axis team lost to my friend and I (rank 320 team)on rails and metal. We we both brits and they were OKW and Ostheer. They tried many times to take out his emplacements but couldn't because i was supporting him. Even top axis teams struggle to kill emplacements.
14 Mar 2016, 17:51 PM

Emplacements are stupid design...requires zero user input yet still gets the job done.

Now with the cancer regiment, on these maps they are beyond sanity with the HP boost. Covering 2 VPs, counter-arty barrages the whole map.

I'd pay a LOT of money to see them removed.

+1

RELATIVELY (not entirely) indestructable, and zero user input needed. Thats the problem.
14 Mar 2016, 17:55 PM

I find that even top can struggle, not becasue they are bad but becasue of bad approach.

I admit that Pit on Moscow behind wodden building at south spawn can be cancerous but most of the time, especially in late game it's super easy to kill them.
Force brace, drop incendiary, dive bomb, railway, lefh, and finish with mortars/leigs + very often you will get extra RE/IS wipes.

Sure, they are almost zero micro, but on the other hand they are risky. Can;t move them, once you lose the ground, you gonna lose emplacement or weak vet.
14 Mar 2016, 18:09 PM

I find that even top can struggle, not becasue they are bad but becasue of bad approach.

I admit that Pit on Moscow behind wodden building at south spawn can be cancerous but most of the time, especially in late game it's super easy to kill them.
Force brace, drop incendiary, dive bomb, railway, lefh, and finish with mortars/leigs + very often you will get extra RE/IS wipes.

Sure, they are almost zero micro, but on the other hand they are risky. Can;t move them, once you lose the ground, you gonna lose emplacement or weak vet.

Its only risky if you build emplacements that are isolated from your ally because then the enemy can easily swarm you 2v1. I will agree that aggressive isolated mortar pits are risky but due to their insane range that needn't be the case. Also note that mortar pits can't be decrewed so once you've purchased it there are no futures costs you'll have to pay to reinforce it. In contrast, you can decrew enemy ISGs and mortars (losing their vet) so they must pay ~125 mp to recrew.

You say only noobs will have a hard time killing emplacements? Well I say only noobs will have a hard time keeping their emplacements alive.

My favourite factions are Brits and Ostheer. Of the two the only one i can bare to play nowadays is Brits because dealing with brit emplacements as Ostheer is too hard even with a teammate.
14 Mar 2016, 18:28 PM

Its only risky if you build emplacements that are isolated from your ally because then the enemy can easily swarm you 2v1. I will agree that aggressive isolated mortar pits are risky but due to their insane range that needn't be the case. Also note that mortar pits can't be decrewed so once you've purchased it there are no futures costs you'll have to pay to reinforce it. In contrast, you can decrew enemy ISGs and mortars (losing their vet) so they must pay ~125 mp to recrew.

You say only noobs will have a hard time killing emplacements? Well I say only noobs will have a hard time keeping their emplacements alive.

My favourite factions are Brits and Ostheer. Of the two the only one i can bare to play nowadays is Brits because dealing with brit emplacements as Ostheer is too hard even with a teammate.

Opposite, very often emplacements cost you way more MP, especially when you are in need to repair them and random shells from mortar/leig wipes you squad or RE. It happens quite often.

Personally I have less troubles with emplacements as OST. I just pick doctrine with MHT, LeFH and wreck them hard.
14 Mar 2016, 18:54 PM

Opposite, very often emplacements cost you way more MP, especially when you are in need to repair them and random shells from mortar/leig wipes you squad or RE. It happens quite often.

Personally I have less troubles with emplacements as OST. I just pick doctrine with MHT, LeFH and wreck them hard.

What is "Opposite"? Mortar pit costs 400mp for 2x mortars. ISG costs 660 for 2, ostheer mortar costs 480 for 2. Why repair them with REs when you can brace and take no damage to begin with? Why repair with REs when you can use 50 muni ability from Royal enginners regiment and repair auto repair them? Manpower wise the mortar emplacement costs less than its counterparts, has way higher survivability, and requires zero micro. To be fair 2x Ostheer mortars have slightly higher DPS than the Mortar pit.

MHT is the best early game counter for ostheer hands down. LeFH comes too late, can be killed, locked behind lackluster commanders and still requires proper micro to time the barrages (i won't even mention counter barrage for advanced cancer regiment). Buying one also means delaying your tech as much as the brit player did to get bofors in the first place (-5 fuel) and brit gets tanks faster than Ostheer.

I play both factions competitively and I and know which is easier to play. Note that all my opinions are for 2v2+.
14 Mar 2016, 21:02 PM

Permanently Banned
It's very simple.

So....? L2P

So maxim spam was not strong before you dont try play more with axis, now emplacements are not broken with taht doc :D. Looks like old Katitof write about m5 summer patch that thay are fine :).
14 Mar 2016, 21:55 PM

So maxim spam was not strong before you dont try play more with axis, now emplacements are not broken with taht doc :D. Looks like old Katitof write about m5 summer patch that thay are fine :).

I play OST a lot and I find USF blob way harder to deal than emplacements :)
14 Mar 2016, 22:16 PM

If people don't agree with this, we can always just remove the vickers. My argument, the bofor already does the suppression role. :snfPeter:
14 Mar 2016, 22:23 PM

Common sense would say; if only the February commanders are played...especially the Emplacement commander. Then, well...

Why not simply make the OTHER British commanders NOT shit-tier then? If a faction's basic units are a problem (Emplacements), there is a requirement then to promote usage of other units. There lies the rub. The British have a higher percentage of terrible doctrines than Ostheer and lack the strong core unit list of OKW.

This is a result of all the nerfs core British units and doctrinal units received. Now only Emplacements, Engineers and Cromwells are worth using.
14 Mar 2016, 23:26 PM

Here's Firesparks' post, with the point people keep overlooking in bold:
the bofor suppression barrage need its range lowered to 60 meters from 80meter. The suppression barrage basically allow the emplacement to counter its own counter, the mortar. As ostheer you're basically locked into the mortar HT in order to counter the emplacement.

the mortar emplacement should have its auto fire range lowered to 80 meters. 115 is far too much coverage. maybe lower cost to 360 mp to compensate.

(hopefully the british will get a non-doctrine mobile artillery)

With these changes the Bofors can still act as indirect suppressive fire but not as a mortar counter while the Mortar Pit has reduced cost and actually requires some interaction from the player that built it.
15 Mar 2016, 01:06 AM

Face the facts. Relic has a skeleton crew on this game and the fact that sh*t game design like Bofors makes it into the game is proof. Non-interactive campy playstyle that requires a strict counter and commander to beat.

Worst Developer on the planet.
15 Mar 2016, 01:17 AM

Face the facts. Relic has a skeleton crew on this game and the fact that sh*t game design like Bofors makes it into the game is proof. Non-interactive campy playstyle that requires a strict counter and commander to beat.

Worst Developer on the planet.

I thought emplacements were a weak low level noob strat and brits were nerfed to UPness since you hadn't seen one in 35 games? ;)
15 Mar 2016, 04:35 AM

i too only assault emplacements for 30 seconds at a time and then stop for a good couple of minutes before restarting (for 30 seconds, then break ....)

the new commander really sucks to play against tho

my suggestions:
1) make them take longer to repair (like a .5 modifier or something if thats possible)
2) reduce the power of brace but allow it to work at full power when garrisoned
3) hitting brace reduces manpower income for the duration slightly (think soviet self repair levels) but as a result grant immunity instead of just a huge damage reduction

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS