Login

russian armor

the cure for cancer (aka emplacement)

PAGES (7)down
14 Mar 2016, 11:20 AM

the bofor suppression barrage need its range lowered to 60 meters from 80meter. The suppression barrage basically allow the emplacement to counter its own counter, the mortar. As ostheer you're basically locked into the mortar HT in order to counter the emplacement.

the mortar emplacement should have its auto fire range lowered to 80 meters. 115 is far too much coverage. maybe lower cost to 360 mp to compensate.

(hopefully the british will get a non-doctrine mobile artillery)

14 Mar 2016, 11:45 AM

I expected this to be another whine thread, instead im treated to a normal and well thought post.

Coh2 community isn't lost after all.

+1 to suggestions btw, they should be implemented.
14 Mar 2016, 11:48 AM

95 for the pit and is a deal
Kri
14 Mar 2016, 12:04 PM

The bofors obviously is way too effective for its cost. It forces axis to invest heavily and takes a long time to take down. When its finally down, rebuilding it takes less than a minute.

My suggestion to nerfing bofors is increasing the build time drastically and not allowing the brits the cancel the build. If the build gets caught off guard, it should be punished.
14 Mar 2016, 12:07 PM

I once killed a mortar Ht with the suppresion fire ability.
14 Mar 2016, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 12:04 PMKri
The bofors obviously is way too effective for its cost. It forces axis to invest heavily and takes a long time to take down. When its finally down, rebuilding it takes less than a minute.

My suggestion to nerfing bofors is increasing the build time drastically and not allowing the brits the cancel the build. If the build gets caught off guard, it should be punished.

Its not the bofors that is really strong by itself, but the bofors with either slow healing doctrine (through brace also!) or just much tougher, rep tent and up earlier (advanced emplacements).

Also I'm fairly sure the bofors suppression barrage cannot hit properly placed mortars? Would have to double check though.
14 Mar 2016, 12:09 PM

the bofor suppression barrage need its range lowered to 60 meters from 80meter. The suppression barrage basically allow the emplacement to counter its own counter, the mortar. As ostheer you're basically locked into the mortar HT in order to counter the emplacement.

the mortar emplacement should have its auto fire range lowered to 80 meters. 115 is far too much coverage. maybe lower cost to 360 mp to compensate.

(hopefully the british will get a non-doctrine mobile artillery)

I agree with the Bofors suggestion but I think it could also use a cost or health adjustment. Maybe reduce the health to 720 (from 1000) or increase the cost to 350/45 (from 280/30)?

Reducing the Mortar Pit's auto-fire range and decreasing the cost slightly is a great idea. :)
14 Mar 2016, 12:12 PM

Also I'm fairly sure the bofors suppression barrage cannot hit properly placed mortars? Would have to double check though.

bofor suppression barrage range = 80
mortar range (vet 0) = 80.
14 Mar 2016, 12:13 PM

Counter battery should be removed from game. gg wp
14 Mar 2016, 12:21 PM

has that bofors suppression fire thingy actually existed?
14 Mar 2016, 12:26 PM

Why not just remove them entirely? Why not just turn Brits into Ostheer with half the unit roster missing? Seriously, most of the posts on this forum that concern emplacements are basically cries to nerf the units into oblivion.
14 Mar 2016, 12:31 PM

I wonder how much salt and whine will be on forums if OKW Flak-halftrack, or OKW Flak Emplacement or OKW T4 will have same suppression ability as Bofors.:D
It definetly need range reduction and should cost ammo (i'm not sure here, is it free?).
14 Mar 2016, 12:36 PM

I wonder how much salt and whine will be on forums if OKW Flak-halftrack, or OKW Flak Emplacement or OKW T4 will have same suppression ability as Bofors.:D
It definetly need range reduction and should cost ammo (i'm not sure here, is it free?).

Were you not around when heat seeking ISG parked next to schwerer was a thing?

Also, if pit got range reduction, so would ISG need one, otherwise you'd have much cheaper, mobile unit hardcountering immobile, more expensive one, which makes as much sense as cons hardcountering pfussies.
14 Mar 2016, 13:01 PM

bofor suppression barrage range = 80
mortar range (vet 0) = 80.

Ah okay, I take it the ISG has a longer range than mortars then?
14 Mar 2016, 13:04 PM

Ah okay, I take it the ISG has a longer range than mortars then?

Yes.
14 Mar 2016, 13:07 PM

has that bofors suppression fire thingy actually existed?

Its an AA gun...not an arty piece...so no.
14 Mar 2016, 13:16 PM

Just because something is an AA gun does not mean it can't be used as an arty piece. Adding in lots of ... ... ... doesn't change that fact.
14 Mar 2016, 13:22 PM

Just because something is an AA gun does not mean it can't be used as an arty piece. Adding in lots of ... ... ... doesn't change that fact.

Any projectile weapon can be used as an arty piece. The question is if it's gun elevation allows for it. Ostwind could be, the 88 Flak could be. A lot of guns can be used as arty pieces, this includes small arms like the Garand.
14 Mar 2016, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 12:36 PMKatitof

Also, if pit got range reduction, so would ISG need one, otherwise you'd have much cheaper, mobile unit hardcountering immobile, more expensive one, which makes as much sense as cons hardcountering pfussies.

Except that emplacements are countered mostly by these cheaper, mobile units since the more expensive mobile units (stuka, werfer) are useless due to brace.
Ofc ost could go LefH, but a: thats doctrinal and b: it leaves okw in the dust and recently c: counter barrage commander screws that too.

So ye, if you want to chance the above, brace has to be changed in such a way it stops the cheaper stuff but is weaker to the expensive stuff.
14 Mar 2016, 13:52 PM

Bofors fills the role of unflankable mg, ostwind, and the when garrisoned, pwerfer with its suppression barrage lol. Add panzer tactician to the mix with brace haha
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS