Login

russian armor

the cure for cancer (aka emplacement)

PAGES (7)down
15 Mar 2016, 06:39 AM

So maxim spam was not strong before you dont try play more with axis, now emplacements are not broken with taht doc :D. Looks like old Katitof write about m5 summer patch that thay are fine :).

lol. I'm afraid he has no time to play the factions he doesn't protect. Just like the other allies fanboys on this forum. Just check out how many posts they 've post.
15 Mar 2016, 09:09 AM

i know why me and my AT mate didnt play a single game as axis since brit release, honestly we dont have any fun playing against brits nor playing themself. SU+USF ftw
15 Mar 2016, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 22:23 PMDoggo
Common sense would say; if only the February commanders are played...especially the Emplacement commander. Then, well...

Why not simply make the OTHER British commanders NOT shit-tier then? If a faction's basic units are a problem (Emplacements), there is a requirement then to promote usage of other units. There lies the rub. The British have a higher percentage of terrible doctrines than Ostheer and lack the strong core unit list of OKW.

This is a result of all the nerfs core British units and doctrinal units received. Now only Emplacements, Engineers and Cromwells are worth using.

Ah yes, this argument.
"Caliope/Maxim/emplacement commander are used every single time because the rest of the faction/commanders suck and certainly not for being OP".

We have dismissed that claim.

15 Mar 2016, 09:56 AM

This comment is solely made for 2v2 players as I'm not a 1v1 player.

I honestly wonder if any of the more serious 2v2 players here think that emplacements are really ok.
Take the maps Kharkov or Crossing in the Woods for example.

Double brit on Kharkov is hell. Mortar pit on one side locks down 3/4 of the map (2 x VP's, fuel, ammo) while a central-positioned defends against incoming attacks on the pit. Early game is safe now for the brits. They can focus their troops on pushing other sections of the map.

Counter barrage? - Sorry no, the 'free' ability of the bofor next to the pit will instantly pin / kill your mortar / ISG.
Isn't that enough? - Brace the mortar for a while until the barage is over and your engi's are there.
Push with an AT gun and some troops? Sorry no, the mortar put isn't usually uncovered and the brace makes the fight last very long. Plus, you forgot about the bofor next to it.

So that basically means that you can't do much for a while than repositioning your axis army to the other side of the map. - Sorry no, there's a Bofor on their cutoff so pushing makes no sense. You are basically locked inside your own fuel - ammo section.

But not for long! The cromwells are coming boys, and they are fast and deadly.

Seriously, I played brits a lot cause I liked their well formed army. But the emplacements make life a bit too easy. Crossing on the woods is another example of the lovely Mortar pit happiness. Put one behind the little forest in front of your base and profit endlessly.

It's just.. It's just so stupid design. Make it a bit cheaper and remove the fucking brace.
15 Mar 2016, 10:17 AM

This comment is solely made for 2v2 players as I'm not a 1v1 player.

I honestly wonder if any of the more serious 2v2 players here think that emplacements are really ok.
Take the maps Kharkov or Crossing in the Woods for example.

I'd say that in regards to these maps the real issue is, they are in 2v2 map poll.
Crossing is fine for 1s, but its way too small for 2s, didn't creator itself stated that the map is not intended for anything besides 1s somewhere?
Pretty much the same for kharkov, way too narrow, always devolves into indirect fire fest, because map structure completely prevents any flanking attempts in 2s unless you pushed one of opponents already.
Some maps just aren't suited for 2v2, but we have to play on them regardless.

These two make Pripyat river look appealing as 2v2 option.
15 Mar 2016, 10:49 AM

Emplacements are stupid design...requires zero user input yet still gets the job done.

Now with the cancer regiment, on these maps they are beyond sanity with the HP boost. Covering 2 VPs, counter-arty barrages the whole map.

I'd pay a LOT of money to see them removed.

Implying axis forces have no buildings that require zero user input and yet still gets the job done.

Oh wait, they totally do.

Ostheer can lockdown parts of the map really earlygame by placing bunkers and upgrading a machine gun on it, which is counterable, but requires a big investment AND time to do so, making you vulnerable to the inevitable counterattack that's coming your way the second ostheer player spots you moving in for the bunker.

OKW has a flak-emplacement which also locksdown a huge chunk of the map, for 200MP and 120 Fuel. Unlike the bofors, it also works as a tech-up for the OKW, who can then employ Obersoldaten or tanks to the fight. Countering this building also proves hard, unless you have high CP and a lot of ammo to spend.

15 Mar 2016, 10:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2016, 10:17 AMKatitof

I'd say that in regards to these maps the real issue is, they are in 2v2 map poll.
Crossing is fine for 1s, but its way too small for 2s, didn't creator itself stated that the map is not intended for anything besides 1s somewhere?
Pretty much the same for kharkov, way too narrow, always devolves into indirect fire fest, because map structure completely prevents any flanking attempts in 2s unless you pushed one of opponents already.
Some maps just aren't suited for 2v2, but we have to play on them regardless.

Yeah I know, it's more about the maps. But they are in the pool, they have been in it for so long so I don't expect them to go out of it any time soon..
Haha, Pripyat river. Funny comp stomp map if your bored though.
15 Mar 2016, 10:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2016, 10:49 AMWaffaru

Implying axis forces have no buildings that require zero user input and yet still gets the job done.

Ostheer can lockdown parts of the map really earlygame by placing bunkers and upgrading a machine gun on it, which is counterable, but requires a big investment AND time to do so, making you vulnerable to the inevitable counterattack that's coming your way the second ostheer player spots you moving in for the bunker.

OKW has a flak-emplacement which also locksdown a huge chunk of the map, for 200MP and 120 Fuel. Unlike the bofors, it also works as a tech-up for the OKW, who can then employ Obersoldaten or tanks to the fight. Countering this building also proves hard, unless you have high CP and a lot of ammo to spend.

2 molotovs and bye bye bunker, 5 mortar shells bye bye bunker, 3 pak shots bye bye bunker

and flak emplacements needs a sideupgrade for its flak, but it is expensive (120fuel+15 for the SwS) and he loses a tier building when you destroy it, fair deal.

you cant be serious to compare ostheer bunker to ukf emplacements <444>_<444>
15 Mar 2016, 11:04 AM

OP cancer is to fresh for a nerf now, just wait some months, would make relic look bad when people paid 4 bucks for cancer and it gets soon nerfed o_O
15 Mar 2016, 11:11 AM

What do you smoke boy?
15 Mar 2016, 11:14 AM

What do you smoke boy?

Some fanboy bias weed
is lost now
15 Mar 2016, 11:14 AM

Lets be real, whilst the schwerer IS infurating and totally saves OKW players from losing games they deserve to lose (especially in 1v1s, where it denies you the ability to take all their resources and crush them off the map like you could any other faction by being placed defensively behind shotblockers on their fuel and VP), the ostheer bunker is in no way comparable :D.

All that thing does is suppress in a moderate area, and is flimsy as hell, as opposed to brit bofors being total lock down to anything but heavy armour and mortar pits barraging the hell out of a big area!
15 Mar 2016, 11:30 AM

Im ok with bofors and mortar emplacements but Counter barage is freaking broken even after canceling and retrating to base freaking ability still bombarding mortar squads and other shits :/
15 Mar 2016, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2016, 10:17 AMKatitof

But Pripyat winter is pretty cool man, 1st map has repair station/observation post and truly demonstrate the cold tech (ala SU mass push through the river).
15 Mar 2016, 12:08 PM

But Pripyat winter is pretty cool man, 1st map has repair station/observation post and truly demonstrate the cold tech (ala SU mass push through the river).

I remember both of them from the times when they were automatch maps :snfBarton:
15 Mar 2016, 13:33 PM

Keep in mind that bofors eats your pop cap and upkeep.

Tho I still find combo with 2-3 ISGs + Med + Schwerer superior to Bofors + Pits or at least equal.
15 Mar 2016, 14:05 PM

Keep in mind that bofors eats your pop cap and upkeep.

Tho I still find combo with 2-3 ISGs + Med + Schwerer superior to Bofors + Pits or at least equal.

Count the mp and fuel and you will se the problem
15 Mar 2016, 14:09 PM

Count the mp and fuel and you will se the problem

Compare how many units building bofors and pit unlocks compared to med truck and schwerer.

Last time I've checked, bofors couldn't shit out a cromwell.
15 Mar 2016, 14:23 PM

i know why me and my AT mate didnt play a single game as axis since brit release, honestly we dont have any fun playing against brits nor playing themself. SU+USF ftw

i know that feel.. before brits release when wermarht and okw turtling hard that was so annoying when i play USF in teamgames but guess what ? Now i am turtle #adapt
15 Mar 2016, 14:39 PM

Lets be real, whilst the schwerer IS infurating and totally saves OKW players from losing games they deserve to lose (especially in 1v1s, where it denies you the ability to take all their resources and crush them off the map like you could any other faction by being placed defensively behind shotblockers on their fuel and VP), the ostheer bunker is in no way comparable :D.

All that thing does is suppress in a moderate area, and is flimsy as hell, as opposed to brit bofors being total lock down to anything but heavy armour and mortar pits barraging the hell out of a big area!

But the OST bunker is available at T0 and buildable by grens/engis. Cost is 150mp+60muni. Bofors is 280mp+30fuel. Mortar is 400. There's a pretty big cost difference comparing the two. One is a sidetech and the fuel cost delays vehicles. The other one is great for holding defensive positions while still teching normally.

Whoever made the comment about the bunkers dying to 3 AT guns and 5 mortar shots, how often do you see a mortar perfectly land 5 shells on your bunker? How often does an AT gun get vision to shoot at the bunkers? One costs pop and one does not. If you push those units early to destroy that bunker, what if you lose those units to their infantry? It's the same thing when you use a pak40, mortar to destroy a bofors and you end up losing your support weapon.

Whoever made the comment on removing vicker's becaue of bofors... bofors does not suppress unless you use it's ability (which requires HQ or a unit in it. How about I require MGs to activate their suppression with a 5-6 second delay. I'm sure many people would be unhappy with their renovated mgs.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 45
Poland 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak