Login

russian armor

Give UC cap

7 Mar 2016, 00:41 AM

Kubel and UC both need fuel costs, and the UC needs to not suck as much ass as it does right now.

Pathing improvements would be a godsend.
7 Mar 2016, 07:21 AM

Reduce the muni cost for the wasp, maybe give it a snare or ap rounds and I think it'll be fine.
7 Mar 2016, 12:27 PM

Does the suppressive fire ability for the K upgrade even work? I've never seen it suppress anything, maybe a bit of extra damage ( not that the K seems to do more than the square root of bugger all anyway) but never suppress or pin.

I've managed to suppress schreck blob with the ability before, but I had to kite the hell out of them at the same time. It's not for the faint of heart.

7 Mar 2016, 13:17 PM

Give UC cap? Give Kübel a flamethrower :snfPeter:
7 Mar 2016, 14:31 PM

According to Wiki there was a 2 Pounder Gun variant of the UC. Should give option to upgrade UC with that to counter the 222 spam :D

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/2_pdr_Aust_ATG_carrier%28AWM_134672%29.jpg

Seriously though, UC does need some love... I wouldn't opposed to allowing garrisoned squad members to shoot out of it. They could always balance it by only allowing 2 models to shoot or something if its too much damage.
7 Mar 2016, 14:35 PM

Give it capping power. But once upgraded, cap power removed?

Give capping power but no longer able to carry infantry?

I personally think it's fine where it's at.. but any of the above suggestions would do imo.
8 Mar 2016, 08:34 AM

According to Wiki there was a 2 Pounder Gun variant of the UC. Should give option to upgrade UC with that to counter the 222 spam :D

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/2_pdr_Aust_ATG_carrier%28AWM_134672%29.jpg

Seriously though, UC does need some love... I wouldn't opposed to allowing garrisoned squad members to shoot out of it. They could always balance it by only allowing 2 models to shoot or something if its too much damage.

+1

Give the entire garrisoned squad the ability to shoot out of it and have them "bail out" instead of instantly dying with the car. If those changes were made then I'd be completely fine with them adding the fuel cost back in.
10 Mar 2016, 14:12 PM

Just an idea...

How about allowing the UC to re-inforce Vickers only?

Would fit nicely with it's historical role and the Axis have no end of hard counters against the UC.
10 Mar 2016, 15:48 PM

The vickers upgrade is an additional gun on top of the default bren

I've re-evaluated my opinion about the vickers_k upgrade, and actually you do have a point. You have my apologies.

- Sure, vickers_K deals 50% of the DPS of the bren gun (but only when the UC can remain stationary for the entire burst (~2 secs))
- Vickers_k fires its load much faster (<< 1 sec)
- This is paramount when the UC needs to constantly fire and relocate all the time.

Thus, when kiting (which is 99.9% of the time by the mid-game), vickers_K allows you to deal a quick burst of damage, relocate, rinse-and-repeat.

Mobile suppression is also a nice thing to have when supporting your Tommies, or covering the flank of an MG. UC will not be able to pin the enemy. However, quick, sneaky suppression will allow you to turn any fight to your favour (suppression confers insane combat penalties).

However, as other people remarked in this thread, UC Vickers_K upgrade is not for the faint of heart!
10 Mar 2016, 15:53 PM

Did I hear mid game and UC mentioned?

Dost thou play the same game?
10 Mar 2016, 16:06 PM

Did I hear mid game and UC mentioned?

Dost thou play the same game?

What I am saying is that with a not-ridiculously-expensive upgrade you can give your UC a new lease of life:
- Either upgrade early, to harass early game even better (risky, also loses transport)
- Or, if the UC miraculously make it alive, upgrade to LMG and use it defensively to fend off harassing units (or protect your minefields).

Obviously:
- The LMG upgrade is poor option in garrison-infested maps
- You shouldn't buy/replace a UC for your midgame (by then, you can maybe buy a sniper)

The upgrade is a 60-munitions pay-off to keep your 240MP initial investment even remotely relevant. (unupgraded UCs are only good for rotting in base or blocking vehicles for 0.1 seconds by that point)
10 Mar 2016, 16:12 PM

Having built at least one UC in every game I can't recall one making it past the 10 minute mark unless they sat in base rotting or were turned into command vehicles and wrapped in cotton wool.

Not sure how many games I've played but a grand total of 2 UCs have made it to Vet 1, one of which was instantly vapourised by a bastid AT gun.

Increasing the dps by 50%, from not a lot at all, won't help this.

If you got Vet on your recent UC shenanigans then the UC challenge is still open....

Also I've yet to see a UC suppress anything, do you have a replay?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 69

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight