Login

russian armor

Give UC cap

6 Mar 2016, 03:01 AM
Donator 11

Hey .org
quick idea, lets give UC cap point until it gets upgrade to allow for more divers Brit opening and better field presence.

Much Rawr - Mittens
6 Mar 2016, 03:06 AM

It needs something.

Even with the fuel cost removed it is an utterly pointless unit.
6 Mar 2016, 03:22 AM

i dont think so. the UCs early game equivalent is the kubel, and i think theres an interesting dynamic between the two. the UC has superior combat capabilities and scaling with its upgrades, but it doesnt have the utility of the capping power of the kubel and the kubel vet ability. i think its perfectly fine that the UC cant cap.
6 Mar 2016, 03:41 AM

I'd prefer to see the UC get its fuel price back along with much better HP and buffs to the Vickers K
6 Mar 2016, 04:13 AM

The UC was an armoured vehicle, the Kubel a Volkswagon Beetle with a different bodyshell.

Scaling? Scaling to where? 1.5 minutes into the game or 2 minutes?

Also the Vickers K should be a Vickers water cooled, no idea where Relic got the K from.

Main problem I think is it's size. It's extremely low profile was quite deliberate to make it a difficult target yet it gets an in game target size of 15 where medium armour is 18 - 22.

A Cromwell for instance was a 45m3 target, in game size 18.
A Universal Carrier was an 11m3 target, in game size 15.
A Tiger an 86m3 target, in game size 26....

4 Tommies standing shoulder to shoulder would be a bigger target than a UC head on, yet the former would have a size of 4.

Frankly height was the biggest indicator of surviveability as a low profile allowed a vehicle to use the undulations in the ground and cover to maximum effect. It doesn't appear that the game takes this into account though.

6 Mar 2016, 04:18 AM

I assumed from the title that somebody wanted a unit cap on universal carriers. I desperately wanted to know who had managed to spam them successfully :p
6 Mar 2016, 04:48 AM

I think the UC and the Kubel both are dumb units that over perform for the first 2-3 minutes.
6 Mar 2016, 07:53 AM

Scaling? Scaling to where? 1.5 minutes into the game or 2 minutes?

can the kubel counter garrisons (no) can the kubel suppress infantry (no)
can the uc counter garrisons (yes) can the uc suppress infantry (yes)
6 Mar 2016, 08:03 AM

the uc need to spend additional munition to unlock those abilities, and spending 60 or 90 munition on such a fragile and slow unit is risky.

it's actually better to buy flamethrower for your sapper than it is to buy a flamethrower for your UC.
6 Mar 2016, 08:38 AM

What? UC can supress, how? (it can't) Vickers upgrade don't gives supression.
6 Mar 2016, 08:47 AM

Both the kubel and UC need a fuel cost.
6 Mar 2016, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 08:38 AMNEVEC

vicker upgrade give the UC a suppression abilities. It's now an timed buff so it's actually capable of suppressing.

6 Mar 2016, 08:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 08:38 AMNEVEC

But it gives an ability that can, no?
6 Mar 2016, 09:14 AM

But it gives an ability that can, no?

This ability increases penetration on vickers lmg, no? Didn't know it can supress.
6 Mar 2016, 09:21 AM

Here's an idea, have the Vickers K only be manned when the UC is garrisoned, so 3 guys will be just chillin in the back while one is manning the Vickers K, replace the upgrade to the Vickers K with just the Vickers as someone else suggested. But yeah, a bit more armor perhaps, a fuel cost added back and some more man power to actually buy it sounds a bit better, as well as being a smaller target, I don't think I use it anymore either except for the Flamethrower of course, I think I had an idea of using it as a means of transporting my IS around with the Advanced Emplacement Regiment but that had population cap problems or something.

Edit: So the Bren Carrier's job in CoH was basically a mobile Vickers since there the Brits didn't have any mobile support teams except for the commandos of course. Perhaps now if this was added you could have a better protected and more mobile Vickers albeit at a cost of 280-300 man power and 10-15 or maybe even 20 fuel as well as an ammo cost to upgrade to it, I think that would be justified for delaying of the tech-ing.
6 Mar 2016, 09:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 09:14 AMNEVEC

This ability increases penetration on vickers lmg, no? Didn't know it can supress.

I don't know about the penetration, but it gives the vickers a suppression, and it can shoot while on the move
6 Mar 2016, 10:00 AM

Here's an idea, have the Vickers K only be manned when the UC is garrisoned, so 3 guys will be just chillin in the back while one is manning the Vickers K, replace the upgrade to the Vickers K with just the Vickers as someone else suggested. But yeah, a bit more armor perhaps, a fuel cost added back and some more man power to actually buy it sounds a bit better, as well as being a smaller target, I don't think I use it anymore either except for the Flamethrower of course, I think I had an idea of using it as a means of transporting my IS around with the Advanced Emplacement Regiment but that had population cap problems or something.

Edit: So the Bren Carrier's job in CoH was basically a mobile Vickers since there the Brits didn't have any mobile support teams except for the commandos of course. Perhaps now if this was added you could have a better protected and more mobile Vickers albeit at a cost of 280-300 man power and 10-15 or maybe even 20 fuel as well as an ammo cost to upgrade to it, I think that would be justified for delaying of the tech-ing.

the vicker gun is not worth the risk of losing your squad when the uc blow up.

I doubt the gun is worth the dps of an entire squad of tommies either.
6 Mar 2016, 10:14 AM

the vicker gun is not worth the risk of losing your squad when the uc blow up.

I doubt the gun is worth the dps of an entire squad of tommies either.

It was just an idea for a passive ability since it already has a Bren gun anyway and if the Vickers would replace it as an upgrade what other use does it have?
6 Mar 2016, 10:50 AM

"can the uc counter garrisons (yes) can the uc suppress infantry (yes)"

You are assuming that a UC blowing up like a roman candle distracts a squad or immobilises a garrison by giving it a fit of the giggles I assume?

You have to upgrade to the platoon command post and spend rather a large number of munitions - which neatly prevents it from being any use ( see previous comment about about 1.5 - 2 minutes).

Good to see someone has faith in the UC though LemonJuice! I've been searching for just a chap such as yourself. And a strategist to boot.

Feel free to post any success you have had with the UC in the Universal Carrier challenge.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/49238/universal-carrier-challenge

If it is merely a misunderstood unit then a guide would be a godsend for the UKF community I think.
6 Mar 2016, 11:07 AM

The most utility I've seen from a UC is very brief early game harassment, and then being turned into a command vehicle and parked behind a mortar pit for the rest of the game. It's disappointing that it's such an unimaginative unit considering how useful they actually were. I'd happily take the fuel cost back if it operated like a HMG on treads. Or maybe give it the ability to cap. Or the ability to drop weapons. Or place mines. Or really anything to justify it's existence.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★