Login

russian armor

222 spam

2 Mar 2016, 21:34 PM

I swear they got a ninja armour buff...before small arms used to damage them a lot but now I sit there shooting them in cover for a minute and by the time I have to retreat they've barely taken a scratch...
2 Mar 2016, 22:30 PM

I am a top 10 ranked brit 2v2 player, amd whilst the birth of my daughter and the lack of sleep hasent improved my game I just lost to a rank 70 guy that hit me with 3 222s whilst my army was 2 IS with bren, a sniper, a sapper, a command brencarrier and a pak. I got pushed of the map and only the second pack in the base managed to kill 2 of them and save 1 IS plus the piat equipped sapper. Prolonged they are ok. But their shock value vs no at snare brits atm is...
3 Mar 2016, 00:40 AM

Doesn't seem to be a problem in 1v1. In team games, I wouldn't know but they really don't deal damage very well to infrantry if at all. In 1v1, for example, conscripts and other squads can just run up to them and sticky without losing a model. This is still the truth post patch. While playing ostheer I just enjoy being able to flank half traks and other early vehicles and be rewarded whereas before the 222 was useless and would just get one-shotted or spin around and die. The hp-buffed 222 adds a lot more interactivity.

The video shown a few posts above is kind of a joke since it's a team game and the other group had bad combined arms.

Even so maybe a mp boost to the cost would make sense with the hp change. 200-220 mp instead of 180 makes sense and maybe a slight fuel cost too.

222 was so cheap before anyways but it didn't do very much so even then a lot of players didn't make it. Now that it seems to have increased in usefulness a lot, tweaking cost a bit seems more in line. As a balancer, I would just want units to not be spammable and promote combined arms usage as a sign of balance.
3 Mar 2016, 03:43 AM

While 320 health is still 2 ATG shells, it can take an entire extra AT nade. If there's a command tank nearby, I think it'll take three ATG shells or five(!) AT nades to kill. That's a ton of health for a 222. Actually, a full health 222 with a command tank nearby I don't think would even take engine damage from an AT nade.

And yeah, I know the command p4 comes much later than 222s, but they're quite prominent/useful in team games. Any surviving 222s will most certainly benefit from the aura.

280 would've been a more appropriate number. Or keeping it at 240 and bumping up the armor to absorb more small arms fire would've done the trick even nicer. 320 is just too much, and I tell you, I've been pushing for an improved/functional 222 since launch.

(Another idea is to make vehicles like 222s take more damage from things like ATGs and handheld AT weapons. But the implications there are obviously many... and sticky.)
3 Mar 2016, 04:01 AM

I'm just going to leave this here

Let me state that all these examples are to remaine irrelevant. Considering there was 0 micro or movement from any allied vehicles. Those tanks sat there and let the rear armoire get hit. This video was set up. Anyone with a half a brain would have backed up.. smh
3 Mar 2016, 04:20 AM

Let me state that all these examples are to remaine irrelevant. Considering there was 0 micro or movement from any allied vehicles. Those tanks sat there and let the rear armoire get hit. This video was set up. Anyone with a half a brain would have backed up.. smh

This.

Plus who doesnt field at least one AT gun in what I assume was a 4v4 match?
3 Mar 2016, 05:30 AM

This.

Plus who doesnt field at least one AT gun in what I assume was a 4v4 match?

It was a 3v3, so IMO it had more chances of counter... you know like a single bofer. Or a few AT guns.. it was skilled players trolling noobs. No orders given to the tank while in combat. The video should be taken down
3 Mar 2016, 06:53 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It was a 3v3, so IMO it had more chances of counter... you know like a single bofer. Or a few AT guns.. it was skilled players trolling noobs. No orders given to the tank while in combat. The video should be taken down

It's still a funny video, any reasonable person can see it's not serious.
3 Mar 2016, 07:45 AM

Fun fact is 222 aren't micro either, they are just A-move around the tanks and win.
3 Mar 2016, 13:10 PM

I haven't had the time to fight as or fight against an 222 spamerino. Thus, I can't comment on the price. However, I know the following:
1. I'm happy that the game is promoting more light-vehicle play (as opposed to rush-to-medium/heavy strats)
2. However, if light vehicles are the way to go, something needs to be done about the call-in meta.
3. This goes for all factions.

I mean if you are planning on banking on 222's/AAHT + Stuart/Puma + Luchs/AECs for you early game, that's fine. This makes the game interesting and should be an option for players. Note, though, that the fact that you opt for an aggressive early game might make it more difficult for your opponent to tech up.

However, picking the "right" commander should not reward you with a no-tech Crocodile/Calliope/Pershing/Command Panther/KV8/Tiger/Elefant/Stug-E etc on top of your spendthrift early game.
- Either put all call-ins behind tech unlocks
- Or do it (Cruzzi's) Kappatch style (callins buildable from Tier structures at normal price. Call-ins still available without tech for X% more expensive price)
3 Mar 2016, 13:14 PM

Agree all call-ins should revert to be tech-tied.
6 Mar 2016, 06:28 AM

How do I deal with 222 spam? At 15 fuel a pop it's quite possible for 3 of these things to come out very fast, long before stuart or AEC. Small arms doesn't do much to them. By the time stuart comes out, there's enough to simply kill it outright. AEC seems to just barely come in time that if you might have a chance.

In 1v1 I will always have a captain before 222 and a stuart soon after, so they are not uncounterable.

However Usf is always forced into capt and thats where this change becomes cancerous. If Usf goes LT its almost gg. Even if you get zooks the drain on munis leaves nothing for smoke nades bars etc. The amount of resources required to counter this unit when massed really leaves usf vunerable..

Any unit that can be massed cheaply and counter both vehicles and infantry is just cheese. At the very least the upgrade needs to be returned so they cannot be massed so quickly and cheaply..

I mean, how many times can light vehicle meta be fucked up, how many times will relic overbuff light vehicles then nerf them. How hard can it be to learn from previous examples.

Personally I think this change is just fucking braindead and another failure in this game..

6 Mar 2016, 12:02 PM

Any unit that can be massed cheaply and counter both vehicles and infantry is just cheese. At the very least the upgrade needs to be returned so they cannot be massed so quickly and cheaply..

I mean, how many times can light vehicle meta be fucked up, how many times will relic overbuff light vehicles then nerf them. How hard can it be to learn from previous examples.

Personally I think this change is just fucking braindead and another failure in this game..

This is an example of why devs need to be careful when listening to community feedback. For years people were begging for the 222 to be buffed into a stronger combat unit better at AT. Finally Relic gave in to the whining, and 222 spam meta is the result. The 222 doesn't need the 50% health bonus, it never did, it just needed to be made better at its original role (scout/screening unit, sniper hunter).

All that aside I think 222 spam is just a fad. I'm sure making one or two 222s will be a more common part of the OH meta, but building more than 2 will likely be an occasional strategy that either wins you the game early or sinks you from delayed access to the critical t3 armour.

I don't think buffing the 222 was the assistance that OH needed but now that it's happened it is certainly better than nothing. All it needs is a small cost increase and it'll be fine.

6 Mar 2016, 12:22 PM

just use 2~3 at-gun or many bazookas if they use bunch of them. what's problem?
6 Mar 2016, 14:49 PM

1.6k manpower and 120 fuel rapes single tanks OMGOMGOMG

You cannot spam M3 that way, it rapes nothing no matter how many of them you have.
6 Mar 2016, 15:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2016, 14:49 PMHater

You cannot spam M3 that way, it rapes nothing no matter how many of them you have.

brb getting some dank weed so i can understand what you wanted to say with that statement :loco:

edit: ok just hitted a dank bong hit,

..so brit sniper is to stronk because 20 of them can rape a tank while ostheer sniper cant rape shit even with 40 of them?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 103
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment