Login

russian armor

OKW Need Some better Anti-Blob Tools

PAGES (7)down
7 Mar 2016, 11:53 AM

Idk 4 cp light tank 12cp tank strafe 6cp all blitzcrieg double speed cp?? ???? Ecc.

4 CP light tank? I think it should be 6, like Valentine. Or, let them put Valentine in 4 CP position first, because otherwise it won't be fair.

And please, no AT strafes. It's OP like nothing in game.
7 Mar 2016, 11:55 AM

4 CP light tank? I think it should be 6, like Valentine. Or, let them put Valentine in 4 CP position first, because otherwise it won't be fair.

And please, no AT strafes. It's OP like nothing in game.

Was an idea on the spot but yea Valentin need 5 cp and sexton buff
7 Mar 2016, 13:23 PM

Thats the whole point.
They had to be made more expensive and relic didn't wanted to add menpower cost to them.

This is why they have 120 muni worth upgrade for 60 muni.

They are NOT MEANT to perform well without upgrade, just like rangers and paras.

I understand, but whats the point behind building a unit for 400MP that doesnt perform as a 400MP unit. Have you ever seen an Ober squad without their weapon upgrade?

I think the squad itself should be around 320-350MP maximum, because thats how much they worth.
7 Mar 2016, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2016, 13:23 PMRiCE

I understand, but whats the point behind building a unit for 400MP that doesnt perform as a 400MP unit. Have you ever seen an Ober squad without their weapon upgrade?

I think the squad itself should be around 320-350MP maximum, because thats how much they worth.

Thats not the best reasoning.

For the same reasons, should paras, rangers and possibly guards be made cheaper as all of them need upgrade ASAP to perform up to the cost?
7 Mar 2016, 14:19 PM

Does ostheer have light tank at all ?

Puma, not a light tank but is the equivalent to other faction light tank.

Command tank, again, not light tank, but the performance can be said to be same.

Hence, that's why mobile doctrine is selected most of the time.
7 Mar 2016, 14:49 PM

this thread must be joke right ? OKW have evrything but its OK lets give them non doc mg and maybe JT too because why not ? Sometimes i cant belive how people can complain about this retarded faction.. Its only faction in game that is stronk in any stage of game meantime USF sucks hard in late game and not realy strong in early game but ok whe can talk more about how difficult is life OKW without mg :clap:
7 Mar 2016, 15:15 PM

Puma, not a light tank but is the equivalent to other faction light tank.

Command tank, again, not light tank, but the performance can be said to be same.

Hence, that's why mobile doctrine is selected most of the time.

I can pass on the puma (since is good only vs vehicle)
But P4C cost 135 fuel that's 2 Stuarts
7 Mar 2016, 15:39 PM

I can pass on the puma (since is good only vs vehicle)
But P4C cost 135 fuel that's 2 Stuarts

Are you trying to tell us its not worth it?

Flat 20% HP boost for every single unit in huge area, including CT is not good enough?

It also has over 2x the armor of stuart too.

And it costs 125fu.
7 Mar 2016, 15:48 PM
Donator 33

OKW doesn't need a non-doc MG. The key here is to make the FlaK HT work.

It's immobile (which sucks) and it can't suppress more than one squad unless you manually change targets which sometimes messes it up and causes a re-setup.

Stuka vs blobs doesn't work that well either. Ironically, because of its "pinpoint" accuracy it's easy to dodge (and if it hits it damages like one squad out of the whole blob).

Now, if the FlaK HT was effective, Stukas in conjuction with FlaK HTs could actually counter blobs very well.

I think the FlaK HT should be able to shoot at infantry within a narrow arc (similar to the maxim) while moving and without having to setup. Like 30 - 45°.

Just add an ability that makes it immobile and enables 360noscoping skillz. Similar to the M15 AA-mode. Just vs inf.

That ability could have a tear-down time just like the original FlaK HT had.

A light AI vehicle that has to be immobile to actually do its job... pls :luvDerp:
7 Mar 2016, 16:32 PM

Flat 20% HP boost for every single unit in huge area, including CT is not good enough?

And it costs 125fu.

No I mean that p4c is a tank not a light tank

I use it every time

Puma is not a light tank because small arms damage it t-70 Stuart luch are light tank
7 Mar 2016, 16:55 PM

Seems like people are forgetting the first post where I said this applies to 3v3 and 4v4.

In team games Americans are plenty strong with their blobs backed by 6+ shermans due to the pop cap "feature".

Either way, I don't think OKW should get a doctrinal mg. But I think a real suppression platform is needed.

If you say the stuka counters blobs then you haven't really used it. As I already said (for people who don't actually read the thread but kneejerk respond), it makes them retreat at best. But the major just means they are back in position in about 30 seconds and stuka is on cooldown.

Give the leig a suppression ability. Make it so you have to activate it. Similar to volley fire.

7 Mar 2016, 17:07 PM

Seems like people are forgetting the first post where I said this applies to 3v3 and 4v4.

In team games Americans are extremely strong with their blobs backed by 6+ shermans due to the pop cap "feature".

Either way, I don't think OKW should get a doctrinal mg. But I think a real suppression platform is needed.

If you say the stuka counters blobs then you haven't really used it. As I already said (for people who don't actually read the thread but kneejerk respond), it makes them retreat at best. But the major just means they are back in position in about 30 seconds and stuka is on cooldown.

Give the leig a suppression ability. Make it so you have to activate it. Similar to volley fire.

Americans are extremily strong with their blobs. And OKW are extremily strong with same blobs + KTs and other powerfull tanks behing. Just as I said - riflemans are core of USA army, they are suppoused to be powerfull and only way to make infantry effective in CoH 2 is blobbing. So, it is pretty stupid to whine about "USA Blobs are OP and unstopable". So, admit it and use AB tools, which OKW already has.

OKW has supression platform - Flak HT, Flak HQ and you still have doctrinal MG-34, which you can take whenever you want.

Stuka DO counter blobs, because it is powerfull rocket artillery with huge damage, AoE and 100% accuracy. Even katysha is not so good in destryoing infantry, because 4 rockets per barrage with small accuracy = random effect. You can calculate enemy movements and use Stuka strike to destroy them all. It works actually.

And anti-blob tool doesn't mean that it should be "1-button-all-squad-destroyer" like you want, as I understood from "As I already said (for people who don't actually read the thread but kneejerk respond), it makes them retreat at best. But the major just means they are back in position in about 30 seconds and stuka is on cooldown." Rocket artillery SHOULD not destroy squads, it should force your enemy retreat. Thats what Katyusha do, Panzerwerfer, Calliope and other Rocket artillery. So, everything is fine.

And Leig supression was horrbile and nobody wants it back. Better give supression to normal howitzers, like ML-20 or LeFH-18. They deserve it more.
7 Mar 2016, 17:10 PM

And it costs 125fu.

I agree, C-Piv is way better than two stuarts.

Katitof, do you have a suggestion for OKW anti-blob tool?
7 Mar 2016, 17:37 PM

i think we can switch stuka with m8a1 for better anti blob tools for OKW
7 Mar 2016, 17:52 PM

I agree, C-Piv is way better than two stuarts.

Katitof, do you have a suggestion for OKW anti-blob tool?

Same as earlier in the thread, stuka or ST if you can't micro, pfussies and blob officer+AA ht or luchs if you can.
7 Mar 2016, 18:06 PM

Same as earlier in the thread, stuka or ST if you can't micro, pfussies and blob officer+AA ht or luchs if you can.

Stuka's pretty effective. ST comes way too late. The Lmg blobs arrive early-mid.

AA-ht, yes, it works very well, micro intensive though, so you'll lose a bit more macro focus than the blobber.

Luchs is probably the best anti-inf unit but not exactly blob control. Vs 4-5 rifles with a zook each, you have to kite-kite-kite so you'll lose focus on macro.

Pfusi blob is effective but then we have blob vs blob and that's not as much fun as strategically maneuvering individual units...

I pretty much agree with you I guess. Thanks for the reply.
7 Mar 2016, 18:10 PM

Make it so that AA half truck get small arm immunity when set up and we got a soft counter to lmg only blob, for zook that's another story
7 Mar 2016, 19:02 PM

Well whatever they decide to do with the OKW, they have to do for the USF as well. Right now the USF needs some help from their allied factions in 4v4 for anti tank, as OKW need help from the Wehrmacht for blob control. It works well now, as long as you're also playing with the complimenting faction. If you want blob control, communicate with your ally about it. If Relic decides to make changes to the OKW, they absolutely must allow the USF to have more AT as well.
7 Mar 2016, 19:24 PM

And anti-blob tool doesn't mean that it should be "1-button-all-squad-destroyer" like you want, as I understood from "As I already said (for people who don't actually read the thread but kneejerk respond), it makes them retreat at best. But the major just means they are back in position in about 30 seconds and stuka is on cooldown." Rocket artillery SHOULD not destroy squads, it should force your enemy retreat. Thats what Katyusha do, Panzerwerfer, Calliope and other Rocket artillery. So, everything is fine.

And Leig supression was horrbile and nobody wants it back. Better give supression to normal howitzers, like ML-20 or LeFH-18. They deserve it more.

Yawn...

Three things happen when the the rocket arty goes off

1. Player doesn't hear it and gets hits. Katy and Werfer wipe units more often than the Stuka. Either way the blob retreats and is out of commission for a while.
2. Player hears the launch and retreats. Blob is back in action as soon as it can walk back. This applies to both OKW and US, but US major is more repositional so US has the advantage there.
3. Player moves his blob to avoid the attack (the best option). The stuka is significantly easier to dodge than other rocket arty due to the impact being in a narrow line rather than circle.

In the end, the stuka is weak against blobs but great against support weapons and buildings. Which I am fine with. I like faction variety.

I would like to see OKW have a stronger counter blob play. All other factions have suppression through MGs. Some factions have rocket arty and suppression. OKW just have rocket arty (and the weakest anti blob rocket arty).
7 Mar 2016, 19:40 PM

I would like to see OKW have a stronger counter blob play. All other factions have suppression through MGs. Some factions have rocket arty and suppression. OKW just have rocket arty (and the weakest anti blob rocket arty).

Well, OKW, had other stuff, which is not available for some other faction. Greates example - non-doctrinal the best tank in game King Tiger, which is, acutally, great against infantry, sometimes 1shoting entire squads. And Stuka is not worst Anti-blob rocket artillery,

I would call worst Katyusha, because it shooting 4 salvos with 4 rockets, which provides long area cover barrage but with horrible accuracy, and, as result, horrible final damage. There is no problem to run away after first 4 dropped rocket and avoid other 12. Meanwhile, panzerwerfer, stuka, matress and other rockets can cover way bigger areas and have better accuracy and damage, because they have way more rockets in salvos/barrages.

And another point - why blobs are so problematic for you? OKW can't counter blobs, maybe, ok, but, can USF effectivly counter some super-heavy or just heavy vechiles of OKW? As I said you before - each faction has something powerfull, something in core. But OKW has 2 cores at once - nice infantry with volksblobs and superior tanks, while USF should be happy about only infantry. It's not right actually.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS