Login

russian armor

OKW Need Some better Anti-Blob Tools

PAGES (7)down
28 Feb 2016, 15:54 PM

Give OKW the MG-34 stock that is available from the HQ after any OKW truck is placed down and make the doctrinal MG a MG-42 and put it at 3cps or so. It'd hardly be OP given it's the worst MGs in the game.

The MG34 is actually not the worst MG in the game. That would be the .50cal, 280mp arriving way too late, and easy to de-crew. The MG34 cost 210mp and gets the job done. All things considered, I think that the MG34 is actually a pretty decent MG considering the price.

Though I like the idea of giving the OKW a non-doctrinal HMG, I must admit, that giving them a non-doctrinal HMG without doing anything about the fact that they have a super heavy non-doctrinal tank, 15 units compared to the other factions 14(UKF have 15 but will only at any given time in the game have 13 available). Not to mention all the other little bonuses they get, because they in the past had a resource penalty. So if these other issues with OKW get fixed, or you add the equivalent extra unit options to the other factions, then by all means add a HMG to the OKW. Till then I suggest players fill the gap with a commander as other factions are forced to do.
28 Feb 2016, 16:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 16:09 PMWrather

A lot of things shoot rockets in COH2 but they don't do the same damage. Maybe if you actually played the game you'd know that :snfPeter:

Its so hard to see that he meaned the walking stuka?
28 Feb 2016, 16:48 PM

I believe that people here see the tree but miss the forest...

What do I mean? The fact that OKW can't cope well with USF blobs doesn't necessarily mean that Relic should buff the OKW faction with anti-blob capabilities.

Maybe considering what makes blobs that strong and tuning it down a bit would be better. These endless buff-circles is that cast some units OP'ed and others completely useless. Buffing X unit/faction to counter Y unit/faction that overperforms end up with X being way too strong for anything else in game!

Just a basic question to start with... Why OKW have issues with USF rifle blobs and doesn't complain about SU Cons blobs for example???
28 Feb 2016, 16:58 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

2 flame posts invised, as well as a further post citing said flaming.

Back to topic.
28 Feb 2016, 17:21 PM

Its so hard to see that he meaned the walking stuka?

100 fuel unit out of a T3 building = early game. Ok bro.
28 Feb 2016, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 17:21 PMWrather

100 fuel unit out of a T3 building = early game. Ok bro.

Its the earliest rocket arty on the game since T2 and T3 of okw doesmt need build order
28 Feb 2016, 18:19 PM

Its the earliest rocket arty on the game

Being the earliest rocket arty in the game doesn't make it an early game unit.

since T2 and T3 of okw doesmt need build order

Except OKW T3 costs 65 fuel. Not to mention you can't really skip T2 as OKW (which costs 40 fuel) because you need the healing. You're going to build it sooner or later.
28 Feb 2016, 18:43 PM

I do understand that its not usually a "prioritary rush" but in case you go for a early luch build relying on sturmpioniers medpacks to heal the heavily wounded units and you see the enemy harfblobbing you can easily stop thinking on the luch and get the stuka on early game.

Still, going for med hq you can get flak ht, if you spot for him it does a great job way earlier than the stuka (stoping, but not killing ofc)
28 Feb 2016, 19:36 PM

I do understand that its not usually a "prioritary rush" but in case you go for a early luch build relying on sturmpioniers medpacks to heal the heavily wounded units and you see the enemy harfblobbing you can easily stop thinking on the luch and get the stuka on early game.

Still, going for med hq you can get flak ht, if you spot for him it does a great job way earlier than the stuka (stoping, but not killing ofc)

Again. What you're suggesting is not really early game.
The problem is that OKW neither has good support weapons to control mass enemy infantry (Can't counter support weapon spam effectively either. See: maxims) nor good abilities to punish blobbing early game. Scavenge doctrine being the closest to fulfilling that role.

This all leads to OKW being a shitty one dimensional faction (not necessarily underpowered). Having to either blob harder than whatever it's playing against or locking your fuel and hoping that the enemy isn't good enough to push you into your base until you get better tech.
28 Feb 2016, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 19:36 PMWrather

Again. What you're suggesting is not really early game. The problem is that OKW neither has good support weapons to control mass enemy infantry (Can't counter support weapon spam effectively either. See: maxims) nor good abilities to punish blobbing early game. Scavenge doctrine being the closest to fulfilling that role.

This all leads to OKW being a shitty one dimensional faction (not necessarily underpowered). Having to either blob harder than whatever it's playing against or locking your fuel and hoping that the enemy isn't good enough to push you into your base until you get better tech.

Basically, you wont accept any solution that isnt an mg even if this one comes in 5-7 minutes were you can start seeing blobs and only if the enemy player goes hard on it
28 Feb 2016, 20:41 PM

OKW doesn't have a T1 suppression unit, but they have some pretty darn good comeback units in T2/3. It works pretty good for 1v1's. Are you having more problems in team games?
28 Feb 2016, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 16:48 PMisoul
I believe that people here see the tree but miss the forest...

What do I mean? The fact that OKW can't cope well with USF blobs doesn't necessarily mean that Relic should buff the OKW faction with anti-blob capabilities.

Good call. Brad however said blobbing was a part of the game. So I doubt that blob nerfing will happen.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 16:48 PMisoul

Why OKW have issues with USF rifle blobs and doesn't complain about SU Cons blobs for example???

I know I never see Cons blobs. But I think the rifle blobs are better because of the longer range anti inf and anti tank combined. At least with cons you can use armor. and try to stay at range.

Its the earliest rocket arty on the game since T2 and T3 of okw doesmt need build order

The thing is the Stuka isn't a blob counter. It is a house, weapon team, or anything stationary counter. Blobs shouldn't get caught by a stuka when played well.
28 Feb 2016, 21:29 PM

(oops double post)
28 Feb 2016, 22:12 PM

Good call. Brad however said blobbing was a part of the game. So I doubt that blob nerfing will happen.

Anything that is in a game is actually a part of the game, blobbing is the same at least since you are allowed to bunch up units an move them altogether.

BUT... (and that is a huge "but"...)

Blobbing needs to have reasonable counter-play and not give tremendous benefits otherwise certain aspects of the game are practically rendered useless since their importance diminishes.

28 Feb 2016, 22:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I can't believe some people actually want back kubel and ISG suppression....

Madmen.
29 Feb 2016, 16:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 22:12 PMisoul

Anything that is in a game is actually a part of the game, blobbing is the same at least since you are allowed to bunch up units an move them altogether.

BUT... (and that is a huge "but"...)

Blobbing needs to have reasonable counter-play and not give tremendous benefits otherwise certain aspects of the game are practically rendered useless since their importance diminishes.

Sure. The context of his comment was that they don't plan on implementing something to make blobs weaker. Specifically something like a debuff for squads that are too close.
7 Mar 2016, 08:23 AM

The MG34 needs to be buffed, increased in price and put in the HQ as a doctrinal unit, the question what to replace it with in the doctrines.
7 Mar 2016, 08:51 AM

For God sake, OKW has a lot of anti-murica blobs. Walking stuka is perfect, since it has 100% accuracy, large AoE and earlier than Katyusha or Panzerwerfer income. Obers are fine, if you use them right, a lot of off-map artillery (like zeroing arty), which destroys all targets immideatly and infantry too. You have everything you need.

And I don't understand that whine about "USA infantry blobs are OP". Guys, they are suppoused to be OP, since USA is not so powerfull in armor. Riflemans are core of entire USA army and their main power, so they shoud be powerfull. Just like Axis's power is heavy armors, which are pretty OP too, like the best AT tank Jagdtiger or the best tank at all KT. Each faction should have something OP, something in core, thats how assymetrical balance works. For Axis it is tanks, for USF it is infantry.

And about idea "let's make MG-34 non-doctrnial and buff it". I say - not before PTRS will become non-doctrinal and buffed in AT power. Look at USSR - you just can't play without doctrinal units, they are 100% addicted to them. OKW is not so addicted, since they can get super-heavy tank without doctrines at all, so let MG-34 be in those doctrines. Without it OKW will be too OP.

Be happy about you have already (and you have a lot) and don't ask more, please. Better look at USSR - it real needs overhauling in almost everything, from tiers to doctrines.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 25
Netherlands 8
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %