Login

russian armor

British Mortar range is too damn high

21 Feb 2016, 12:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 12:25 PMKatitof

Actually, that is exactly what does it mean.

Except for pershing.

This thing is overpriced comet with tad better AI.

And maybe KV-2, which is a result of unprotected sex between IS-2 and ISU.

So then can we get the old KT back? Or my good ol vet 2 panther back? (No I don't mean that) get my point tho?
21 Feb 2016, 13:08 PM

So then can we get the old KT back? Or my good ol vet 2 panther back? (No I don't mean that) get my point tho?

And why should we?

Its most expensive tank in game and its strongest tank in game that will roll over any other unit effortlessly.

There is no cheaper unit in game that would be even remotely equal to it in slugfest.

Well, look at this!
More expensive unit=stronger unit, just like I said! :snfBarton:
21 Feb 2016, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 13:08 PMKatitof

And why should we?

Its most expensive tank in game and its strongest tank in game that will roll over any other unit effortlessly.

There is no cheaper unit in game that would be even remotely equal to it in slugfest.

Well, look at this!
More expensive unit=stronger unit, just like I said! :snfBarton:

Your right I'm wrong. British motor is fine
21 Feb 2016, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 11:23 AMAladdin

l2p

(that's how I often see u respond to others, lel)

and i would agree in every single case.

except the BS pit which is the biggest insult to this game's gameplay
21 Feb 2016, 13:35 PM

The reason it has a higher range than other mortars is it can't move! I wish UKF had normal mortars u could move instead tbh. But there would be no way it could be useful if it had a lower range. also it does not out-range ISG by far.
21 Feb 2016, 13:54 PM

and i would agree in every single case.

except the BS pit which is the biggest insult to this game's gameplay

u probably can see UKF would have been stronger if they had a mobile mortar, right!?
21 Feb 2016, 14:30 PM
Patrion 14

I am all in favour of a mobile mortar or, barring that, some sort of Mortar Pit redesign.

The mortar pit is not a regular mortar. It's an emplacement. Completely different counters, completely different gameplay. Some people say its immobility makes up for all this. I disagreee. Simply transplanting default mortar behaviour onto a braceable emplacement does not work in this game.

Here's a breakdown:

+ damage
+ there are two tubes
+ fire rate can be further boosted by making the simcity or garrisoning, and it also serves as garrison cover
+ range (just enough to counter the counters
+ very durable against small arms and enemy counterarty fire
+ brace

- immobile.
- costs about 40% more than the other heavy mortar

Not all +s and -s are of the same weight but there are significant upsides. As I said before, if it could shoot Sturmtiger shells it would still be immobile, would that make it okay?

I would even go as far as to remove autofire and restrict it to the barrage (with great decrease in barrage cooldown, let's say 20 seconds). You can then tweak damage and range to make up for it. Yes such a micro tax doesn't affect other mortars or Leigs/pack howies. Yes, people will just see it as micro tax and they will be right in a way. Unlike other instances where micro tax was removed (leigs autofacing, isu152 shots) this is something that is primarily used as a barrage weapon, and I dare say cooldown micro tax is different from facing micro tax. This will obviously not happen (I can already taste the hatemail) but if only Relic had the balls to do it it would greatly repair the game (Brits will still be gimped with a complete lack of mobile artillery, let's se how the Land Mattress fixes that).

The reasoning is, if you want to lock down an area of the map you should do more than just build a unit and repair it periodically.
21 Feb 2016, 14:33 PM

@up

you forgot about bonus rec dmg from explosives, ballistics and flames
21 Feb 2016, 14:38 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 14:33 PMKatitof
@up

you forgot about bonus rec dmg from explosives, ballistics and flames
The bonus is, what, 50%? Even compensating for that, it still has a vastly larger hit point pool than a mobile mortar, and takes much longer to kill than mobile mortars ever would, even not taking brace into account.

Sorry, even with that factor, its survivability is still greatly in the plus, not a minus as you are trying to make it seem.
21 Feb 2016, 15:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 13:54 PMAladdin

u probably can see UKF would have been stronger if they had a mobile mortar, right!?

i have promoted that idea since the Beta
21 Feb 2016, 16:04 PM

lol leave this mortar alone :luvDerp: relic will never nerf that because its design problem :romeoMug:
21 Feb 2016, 17:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Just a clarification regarding damage
- Both mortars deal normal damage when autoattacking
- One mortar deals reduced damage barraging (the one-shotting radius is reduced by 75%)

Now, regarding the rate of fire:
- The two mortars have different aiming time (0.5 secs vs 1 second) applied between reloads
- This means that the 2nd mortar takes 0.5 second extra between shots
- Given that the reload time for both around ~8secs, the 1st mortar doesn't fire twice as fast
- I am guessing they introduced this so that the two shots don't synchronize to reduce insta-wipe chance

Takeaway: In order to utilize the mortar pit to its max potential, never use barrages. Instead, you should set-and-forget like a pro.

Thanks for clarifying for me.
21 Feb 2016, 19:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The bonus is, what, 50%? Even compensating for that, it still has a vastly larger hit point pool than a mobile mortar, and takes much longer to kill than mobile mortars ever would, even not taking brace into account.

Sorry, even with that factor, its survivability is still greatly in the plus, not a minus as you are trying to make it seem.

IIRC and unless they changed it, flame weapon damage stacks 3 times against british emplacements.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★