Login

russian armor

British Mortar range is too damn high

18 Feb 2016, 11:10 AM

Banned
i am not a friend of calling for nerfs just because one unit is harder to counter than compareable others, so maybe instead of adjusting raw numbers it may could be an alternative to set the autotargeting to false or limit that into a range where other mortars are performing.anything behind that normal range could only be targeted manually. its just an idea. the unit itself wouldn't be touched and maybe the "build-and-your-active-participation-into-battlefieldtargeting-problems-are-gone" tactics are over.
just an idea

Or one mortar for close range, the other for long? :)
I like your idea!
18 Feb 2016, 12:30 PM

yeah lets just reduce its range.....then when everything else outranges it it can simply....move closer?
18 Feb 2016, 12:37 PM

I think its range is fine...
Its too expensive. If i would change something, its maybe decrease its durability a bit, but make it much cheaper. 300MP for example.
18 Feb 2016, 12:48 PM

yesterday i played a 2v2 vs simcity builders par excellence

double mortar pit on rails and metal is unbeatable. THe US guy just bunched up with the tommies behin the great green cover wall of china in the mid so we couln't attack and waited for bofors and mortar pit

i don't kow how to counter that
18 Feb 2016, 13:12 PM

double mortar pit on rails and metal is unbeatable. THe US guy just bunched up with the tommies behin the great green cover wall of china in the mid so we couln't attack and waited for bofors and mortar pit

With your mortars, maybe?

Two OST mortar is 480MP
Two UKF mortar is 800MP

Light and medium vehicles or schrecks until there is no BOFOR around. Once you got panzerwerfer or walking stuka, simcity governors will bleed serious manpower from their ***...
18 Feb 2016, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 13:12 PMRiCE

Two OST mortar is 480MP
Two UKF mortar is 800MP

Light and medium vehicles or schrecks until there is no BOFOR around. Once you got panzerwerfer or walking stuka, simcity governors will bleed serious manpower from their ***...

You get 4 mortars with 2 mortar pits. Panzerwerfer and Stuka are no counters since they do little damage and also get countered by brace.
18 Feb 2016, 13:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 13:12 PMRiCE

Two OST mortar is 480MP
Two UKF mortar is 800MP

in 2v2 bofors is up after like 4min

ever tried light vehicle on rails? gl
18 Feb 2016, 13:48 PM

in 2v2 bofors is up after like 4min

ever tried light vehicle on rails? gl

Perhaps it's not the design of the faction, but the map?

You have 4 vetoes you know :snfBarton:
18 Feb 2016, 13:56 PM

2v2 yesterday, Farmlands.

Guys pushed us back and put Bofors + Pit next to the house next to ammo point (close to south spawn).

What could we do? Well, I picked MHT (the one with LeFH and sector arty) and with MHT and LeFH we wrecked all emplacements.
This doctrines is great vs heavy emplacements play.

And the smoke screen is also great. Blocks sight so you can easily attack ground with AT guns agasint bofors.
18 Feb 2016, 14:04 PM

Guys pushed us back and put Bofors + Pit next to the house next to ammo point (close to south spawn).

What could we do? Well, I picked MHT (the one with LeFH and sector arty) and with MHT and LeFH we wrecked all emplacements.
This doctrines is great vs heavy emplacements play.

And the smoke screen is also great. Blocks sight so you can easily attack ground with AT guns agasint bofors.

question here: cant he crew the bofors and attack ground your pak with the barrage? i recall happening to me 2 times when i tried to counter bofors with atgun but not sure on it.
18 Feb 2016, 14:06 PM

The Bofors (unlike the OKW FlakHQ) is able to attack ground (and thus negate smoke cover).

Did you mean you used smoke on AT gun to protect it against small arms, or am I missing something here?
18 Feb 2016, 14:07 PM

It outranges ISG guns by far, Ostheer mortars don't stand a chance and it can not be countered when placed out of your reach. The result are 2, often 4 mortars shelling the frontlines and stopping every advance towards the VPs.

The main problem is how they can be placed so far behind the frontlines that their supposed counters are not able to reach them. Despite firing on maximum range they remain very effective thanks to their numerous amounts. It's also not uncommon to cover 2 VPs with those emplacements.

Unlike their counterparts - the ISG and mortar - they can scale well into lategame since rocket artillery will hardly harm them.

oh please, its static,costs 400mp, and dies to flammers and paks easy.Delighted to see the Brit mortar is getting counter artil barrage this patch haha.gl with that.
18 Feb 2016, 14:10 PM

The Bofors (unlike the OKW FlakHQ) is able to attack ground (and thus negate smoke cover).

Did you mean you used smoke on AT gun to protect it against small arms, or am I missing something here?

No.
AT gun outranges bofors (don't remember by how much) yet the smoke is always useful to block the sight. You never know if you enemy is going to use ground attack. Or you can easily block 17 pounder with that smoke.
18 Feb 2016, 14:18 PM

Considering their cost and static nature, mortar pits NEED to have high range. They're easily wrecked by the mortar halftrack or ISGs.
18 Feb 2016, 14:30 PM
Donator 11

No.
AT gun outranges bofors (don't remember by how much) yet the smoke is always useful to block the sight. You never know if you enemy is going to use ground attack. Or you can easily block 17 pounder with that smoke.

He could have decrewed your pak easily with suppressing barrage if he knew what to do.
18 Feb 2016, 14:31 PM

I don't know what n00bs you are exactly playing against, but a UKF player with a brain will build a mortar out of your reach.

It's not very difficult to defend a mortar pits that is standing right infront of your base.

wait if its pretty much in their base then why build it in the first place are you like trying to base assault him?
18 Feb 2016, 14:37 PM

it can cover most 1v1 maps entirely , and whenever ur opponent hears a stuka or a werfer, he uses SKILL brace .
Unlike the Bofors being a mortar enables players to hide it behind shot blockers giving some extra protection early on .
however i do believe it's fine , they just need to reduce it's long range accuracy or ROF a bit.
18 Feb 2016, 14:46 PM

wait if its pretty much in their base then why build it in the first place are you like trying to base assault him?

I´m trying to hold ammo and a vp.

18 Feb 2016, 15:46 PM

It's a good thing then that the mortar pit won't cap the ammo or VP. Likewise any defenses of your own will be out of range of that pit.
18 Feb 2016, 17:02 PM

Oh god, you've faced it too. This is complete and utter cancer.

Also check out: mortar put on moscow that placed behind the left ammo point trees can cover pretty much the entirety of the left and center. It can shoot all the way past the top cutoff.
mortar that

Anyone who thinks they are fine haven't played against allied players in 2v2 that aren't idiots.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★