Login

russian armor

The Maxim HMG needs a hotfix.

13 Feb 2016, 10:56 AM

As it was already stated before, the problem is that Soviets don't have much choice against equally skilled players, Cons just don't cut it anymore, they are versatile yes but that's it, they won't be able to win any fight on their own as the game progresses, in the lategame they are almost useless, except for snaring or re-crewing/merging.
They don't hit anything while being squishy af, so why invest in such a unit if you can get a maxim that might well scale into lategame without becoming useless.

Soviets are lost without guards (which are decent at best), or shocks, if soviets actually had decent infantry not every 2nd player would play the same strat.
13 Feb 2016, 18:39 PM

First thing I would like to see is that units that are completely in green cover don't get suppressed (as it is supposed to be). Currently, it's simple the roll of a dice wether your squad gets suppressed or not.

It's less a roll of the dice and more that cover bonuses are applied by the entity, but the 'in cover' symbol only indicates the squad. It is either when the squad leader is in cover, or the majority of the entities are in cover, that the symbol appears.

Either way, there's often a high chance there are entities NOT in cover that are eating all the suppression for the whole squad.

Cover is applied by entity and suppression applied to the squad. This is what causes that sense of 'dice rolling'.

Infantry just are too stupid/blind in combat to move or position themselves out of open cover, or simply can't find their way to cover on their own.
13 Feb 2016, 22:26 PM

'

How do I counter the luchs that inevitably comes out every time i spam maxim?

I like to go for a commander with guards. They come fairly early and if the OKW is reckless with his Luch because of his desire to annihilate your maxims, you can easily trap it with button
14 Feb 2016, 10:59 AM

Maxims are fine and require far more babysitting then mg42s or even 50cals.
Neo
14 Feb 2016, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2016, 10:59 AMSerrith
Maxims are fine and require far more babysitting then mg42s or even 50cals.

And the award for Comedy Post of the Year goes to...
16 Feb 2016, 22:50 PM

The only fix which I could come up with are these;

Increased setup time by 1.5 seconds,

OR

Increased cost to 280Mp

Accompanied by some moderate buffs for peniles.
16 Feb 2016, 23:07 PM

this thread is dumb.
28 Feb 2016, 10:55 AM

CaptainSPrice: this is bullshit -- no matter how hard you play as Ostheer --- you get rekt by Maxim Spam WTF
Today, 10:50 AM
CaptainSPrice: im not gonna play tournament on this current state of the game

Top CoH2 Player
29 Feb 2016, 18:52 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's less a roll of the dice and more that cover bonuses are applied by the entity, but the 'in cover' symbol only indicates the squad. It is either when the squad leader is in cover, or the majority of the entities are in cover, that the symbol appears.

Either way, there's often a high chance there are entities NOT in cover that are eating all the suppression for the whole squad.

Cover is applied by entity and suppression applied to the squad. This is what causes that sense of 'dice rolling'.

Infantry just are too stupid/blind in combat to move or position themselves out of open cover, or simply can't find their way to cover on their own.

There are other factors as well. There's something called incremental suppression which in theory is to help with suppressing blobs. What happens is that this doesn't apply on number of squads rather than models been caught in the search radius. Unless something has been changed, this means that it's easier to suppress a conscript squad rather than Rifle or IS. From the little test i did a while ago, it seems it applies per 3 entities caught in it's search radius (i had discrepancy between Rifles and conscript getting suppressed behind green cover).

The thing is, if you have +12 models, you will get suppressed fairly quickly by a MG42 (4/6 burst) even if you are perfectly behind green cover at medium to long range.
29 Feb 2016, 18:59 PM

Maxim - fine, do not break what properly. Just fix conscripts and penal
29 Feb 2016, 19:05 PM

Everyone needs to sort of stop messaging in this thread if you think it's "dumb", myself included.

OP created 2 threads on his opening account. This and 6 man SU. Almost identical threads about identical issues.

Please let this post die in peace and stop bringing up a non-issue.
29 Feb 2016, 21:57 PM

the hotfix that fixes the maxim should be like the infinite rear echelon one

100 man mg crew :sibHyena:
29 Feb 2016, 23:01 PM

OP created 2 threads on his opening account. This and 6 man SU. Almost identical threads about identical issues.

Gald to know someone is keeping records on me:banana::thumbsup: You creepy lover, you.

Maxim - fine, do not break what properly. Just fix conscripts and penal
So you mean leave it at its current state and buff pens/Cons?

That wouldn't work.
29 Feb 2016, 23:07 PM

Maxims are slightly OP just slightly. They just need a 1 or 1.5 second setup time more and I think they would be balanced.
2 Mar 2016, 00:15 AM

Maxims are slightly OP just slightly. They just need a 1 or 1.5 second setup time more and I think they would be balanced.

That and the motorcycle pathing/death loop because increased packup+ deathloop would end the unit and even though bad pathing is what defines relic all of it needs to go....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★