Login

russian armor

The Maxim HMG needs a hotfix.

11 Feb 2016, 09:35 AM

I remember the head of the balance team (BRAD) opposed buffing this HMG's incremental supression value as it would "turn into a mobile, A-Moving suppression platform". Lo and behold, his fears came true and became a nightmare for the community.

But then fanboys raged and asked for more buffs, and as usual relic submitted and vuffed it like the other HMGs which were lackluster.

Now getting 2-6 maxims is not too far fetched and pretty much kills any enthusiasm to play the OKW expansion pack. Some questions and idea. The second cheapest HMG in game is also the best one, winning games on its own without needing any support.
11 Feb 2016, 09:41 AM

I like all that selective memory from freshly made troll accounts.

Lets recap some facts, shall we?

-HMGs underperformed, all of them, that included maxims
-you could a-move over every HMG with anything better then CEs/pios
-all HMGs needed buffs, including soviet ones, because of blobs, mainly OKW blobs.
-penals are unusable, so no point getting them
-conscripts are not scaling at all so no point getting them
-everyone is sick and tired of using 2 doctrines only just to have infantry that can fight

Conclusion: maxim overuse is not a result of any overbuff, but the result of alternative options, which should be the backbone of the army, not being valid at all.

And last but not least, the fanboys warrioring for HMG buffs you mentioned were axis in vast majority, using single, unsupported HMG against 3-4 LMG rifles and expecting it to win.
11 Feb 2016, 09:43 AM

maxims are awesome, currently abusing my way to top 100 with them.

they help me alot because they relieve alot of micro because you dont need to pay attention to cover and shit like that, just a move them
11 Feb 2016, 09:45 AM

Wehraboo detected?
11 Feb 2016, 09:46 AM

Wehraboo detected?

And the spam has begun, check out other QQ thread :snfPeter:
11 Feb 2016, 09:49 AM

Wehraboo detected?
Read the OP. Enjoy abusing the broken stuff?

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 09:41 AMKatitof

Conclusion: maxim overuse is not a result of any overbuff, but the result of alternative options
So in otherwords the maxim is fine, and not only that it also needs support from stronger cons/Penals as well?

No.
11 Feb 2016, 09:59 AM
11 Feb 2016, 10:02 AM

DP

are you raging atm? because i rarely saw a accidentaly double post 10mins after the initial one lol
11 Feb 2016, 10:15 AM

are you raging atm? because i rarely saw a accidentaly double post 10mins after the initial one lol
I am pretty calm atm and drinking a cup of tea while reading the forums.

I just forgot to quote and reply to katitof. And holy shit that guy has almost 8000 forum posts. Is that a typo or a forum bug?!?!
11 Feb 2016, 10:22 AM

I just forgot to quote and reply to katitof. And holy shit that guy has almost 8000 forum posts. Is that a typo or a forum bug?!?!

haha well played u made me giggle:clap:
11 Feb 2016, 10:30 AM

That bait was easy to spot :(

Why do people fall for this ?
11 Feb 2016, 10:36 AM

no it doesn't need a hotfix. penals and cons need a hotfix so that they are useful and we dont have to spam maxims anymore. BTW if you want a hotfix for everything that get spammed you might wanna hotfix the volksgrenadiers as well Kappa
11 Feb 2016, 13:10 PM

on a serious note:

maxim is very strong but what makes it really OP is that every player below rank 600 is playing OKW and maxims just wipe the floor with OKW.

ostheer can be really challenging but okw is just a cakewalk with maxims and it requires major fuckups from the soviet side to lose the matchup.

(last 20 games i had 2 ostheers, both were noobs which i got matched against because of lack of player in search)
11 Feb 2016, 20:07 PM

maxims are awesome, currently abusing my way to top 100 with them.

they help me alot because they relieve alot of micro because you dont need to pay attention to cover and shit like that, just a move them

That's the spirit. :snfBarton:
11 Feb 2016, 21:18 PM
Patrion 28

i really don't think maxims are a balance issue at the moment. suppression in general is very strong in coh2 due to a lack of unit variety.
11 Feb 2016, 21:22 PM
Donator 11

an easy way to balance it might be to remove A-move from maxims. addiotionally one could change it to 5 instead of 6 mans or lower the supression slightly
11 Feb 2016, 21:35 PM

@NA; The Maxim is a balance issue and the community is becoming aware of it due to the frustrations experienced when players play as OKW.

@gamingbro599: Volks are annoying as well, but that is another topic.
11 Feb 2016, 21:41 PM

i really don't think maxims are a balance issue at the moment. suppression in general is very strong in coh2 due to a lack of unit variety.
#
sorry not wanting to sound rude but with what ingame experience do you justify that statement? looking at your playercard...
11 Feb 2016, 21:46 PM

So just to elaborate. Why is this an issue again? Maxims have been around since the game's release and it's not like their 1v1 win rate have soared to the sky like UKF/USF. I'm just looking at the charts in general for the last 8 months and it's generally been pretty normal. All the deviations were from OP katyusha, OP halftrack, wiping 120 mm, partisan bug.
11 Feb 2016, 22:43 PM
Donator 11

Sit's not like their 1v1 win rate have soared to the sky like UKF/USF.

win rate doesnt say a lot about a single unit, overperforming maxims mixed with an underperforming rest could mean a balanced faction. additonally i dont find maxim spam fun to play against, even if it is balanced.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 2
United Kingdom 173
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak