Login

russian armor

Popping out of buildings

21 Jan 2016, 22:42 PM
Strategist Badge

It may be a feature of the game, buts it's a bit of a crap one, I also realise that many commanders rely on this mechanic so it's not going anywhere. However maybe we can limit it's bullshitery by only allowing a unit to be spawned from a building once per building, maybe even limit the building spawning to 2 or 3 times a match in total.

Forgive me if this have already been a thing.

21 Jan 2016, 22:56 PM

But mines in doorways are too much fun :snfPeter:
21 Jan 2016, 23:12 PM

What Swift said - if (for example) an OKW player gets extremely Falls happy just mine buildings and watch 440 MP evaporate instantly. It's a bit harder on extremely urban maps but you just have to adapt by not leaving weapon teams alone near buildings.

Another option is to just force attack buildings or burn them down to prevent spawning (or just leaving a cheap engineer unit in there)
21 Jan 2016, 23:15 PM

Yeah it is pretty dumb that paratroopers dropping into the fog of war risk dying on landing yet squads spawned in buildings have no risk at all. #adapt, apparently squads spawned in buildings generally exit the front door, so mine/trip wire those if you can. If you don't have access to mines you can barb wire around the doors so they cant get out.
21 Jan 2016, 23:17 PM

I was really surprised when this mechanic came back. Yeah its pretty bullshit that players with these units available can just instantly spawn elite squads from buildings and completely turn fights, Its not good design. Maybe in COH3 they will finally abandon the mechanic, but its too late for COH2.
21 Jan 2016, 23:42 PM

My biggest issue is when you barrage with a Katy to punish blobbing and a Falls for 440mp just instantly destroys it. None of the other rocket artillery is as easily countered.
22 Jan 2016, 00:16 AM

I think simply requiring vision to pop out of the building would be a good start. No doing that shit through the fog of war.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 22:56 PMSwift
But mines in doorways are too much fun :snfPeter:

I kind of get off on garrisoning common buildings so when they click in the fog of war they end up walking onto the map.
22 Jan 2016, 00:25 AM

I think simply requiring vision to pop out of the building would be a good start. No doing that shit through the fog of war.

+1 Or maybe only in your own territory
22 Jan 2016, 01:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I kind of get off on garrisoning common buildings so when they click in the fog of war they end up walking onto the map.

Unfortunately you can know if a building is garrisoned or not.
22 Jan 2016, 01:07 AM

i don't get the point of these threads

it's not about asking for advice or counters...

it's just pointless whining...
22 Jan 2016, 01:56 AM

:clap: Think I just received my daily dose of iron :clap:
22 Jan 2016, 07:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 23:42 PMGumboot
My biggest issue is when you barrage with a Katy to punish blobbing and a Falls for 440mp just instantly destroys it. None of the other rocket artillery is as easily countered.

Ever heard of AT Partisans? Or mine at doorways? Or give actually attention to the positioning of your unit and the availabilities of the enemy commander? Not at all? Its because you are biased as fuck.
22 Jan 2016, 08:09 AM

Most units that spwan from building come at premium cost, that is accept that both types of partisans.

What imo should change is that they should also be able to be built from T0 at no premium cost making these units and commanders more attractive in map with little or no houses....
22 Jan 2016, 08:12 AM

Unfortunately you can know if a building is garrisoned or not.

maybe I´m wrong, but at least in the past, you could know if a building is garrisoned, just select one of your squad and right click in the building...if it flashes red it is already garrisoned, if not, you can deploy your Falls in that building...

At least in the past, this works really nice...

edit: sorry, I though you were saying it is not possible to know...

my fault, oh well, I leave it here anyway so maybe someone learn a new trick.

22 Jan 2016, 08:13 AM

Just garrison every building with a maxim :snfPeter:

or place mines on building entrances
22 Jan 2016, 08:47 AM

There is plenty of counters.

Mines, wires, burning the building itself.

You're the only one to blame if you don't apply them when you fight vs JLI or partisans(as these are the only two that make sense to use more then once).
22 Jan 2016, 09:17 AM
Strategist Badge

I am also suggesting a way to change the mechanic to make it less jarring and work more satisfactory. Also isn't your post just as if not more pointless than mine? Just as whiny? 'I hate it when people write things that bore me!'

I was playing as USF so no mines, I thought of destroying the buildings too late. Anyway he was using the doctrine as a crutch, it didn't matter if i forced one unit from a building he would pop falls into it and wait for his shrecks to force off any light vehicles. To be fair it was a very well thought out plan, I just think its a shit mechanic, that could be made a lot better with a couple of small changes.
22 Jan 2016, 10:09 AM

we all need to vent from time to time
22 Jan 2016, 10:11 AM

Just garrison every building with a maxim :snfPeter:

or place mines on building entrances

I've been abusing the conscript re-enforce ability to drop one man con squads into important buldings
22 Jan 2016, 10:13 AM

There should be new forum section opened.

It should be called COH2 Balance 4v4 section, we would all know people there are 100% L2P cases and they would have a den they could always run to to cry and roll in their own bile!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★