Login

russian armor

Popping out of buildings

24 Jan 2016, 11:40 AM

just like all of your comments. ty

then explain the point of this thread to me
24 Jan 2016, 11:42 AM

You guys better keep down your flamenwerfers before you start to flame eachother
24 Jan 2016, 12:05 PM

i don't get the point of these threads
it's not about asking for advice or counters...
it's just pointless whining...

I am under the impression that when asking for advice or counter one should post in ask the strategist...
25 Jan 2016, 00:46 AM

Support weapons shows up arcs and right clicking a building pops red if an enemy unit is inside.

Seems like one of those things that should really be fixed. (But probably won't be.)

then explain the point of this thread to me

The balance forum is exclusively for bitching, or agreeing with bitching.
25 Jan 2016, 00:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 23:17 PMUnited
I was really surprised when this mechanic came back. Yeah its pretty bullshit that players with these units available can just instantly spawn elite squads from buildings and completely turn fights, Its not good design. Maybe in COH3 they will finally abandon the mechanic, but its too late for COH2.

This mechanic was fine in coh1 and still is fine in coh2. Funny enough coh1 was balanced and well populated so results > your opinion.
25 Jan 2016, 01:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 23:15 PMRedDog
Yeah it is pretty dumb that paratroopers dropping into the fog of war risk dying on landing yet squads spawned in buildings have no risk at all. #adapt, apparently squads spawned in buildings generally exit the front door, so mine/trip wire those if you can. If you don't have access to mines you can barb wire around the doors so they cant get out.

I didnt know paras often died on landings. Did you know Pathfinders were useful? NOO WAYYYY Not only can they plant free beacons which guarantee that paras wont die but they are good combat units especially with BARs.

Point is dont fix whats not broken.
25 Jan 2016, 01:04 AM

"Comrade, we must burn down every building on this map to prevent fallchirmjagers spawning in them"

"But sir, can't we just check to see if anyone is inside?"

"NYET. DESTROY THEM ALL. OR PLANT MINES AT THEIR FRONT DOOR."

"Yes comrade commisar. But seriously we were in it for the last 10 minutes and Vasily checked under the beds and everything. Wouldn't they have just killed our crew?"

"Don't be stupid, Ivan, the Germans only just got enough CPs to summon them."

It doesn't completely break the game or anything but I would not include this mechanic in future CoH entries. What might be an interesting replacement is if there were "side spawns" around the map not at player's bases that infiltration units could be summoned from.
25 Jan 2016, 01:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It doesn't completely break the game or anything but I would not include this mechanic in future CoH entries. What might be an interesting replacement is if there were "side spawns" around the map not at player's bases that infiltration units could be summoned from.

I second pretty much everything you just said.
25 Jan 2016, 07:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 10:26 AMBlalord

Doing this you are losing popcap ( 1 cons doing nothing ), a mine in the main entrance door is the more cost effective solution :)

1 man conscript is 1 manpower.

Occupy 6 buildings for the mp cost of one squad. Vision + area denial.
25 Jan 2016, 07:35 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2016, 10:13 AMKatitof

There should be new forum section opened.

It should be called COH2 Balance 4v4 section, we would all know people there are 100% L2P cases and they would have a den they could always run to to cry and roll in their own bile!

fucking savage Katitof...
25 Jan 2016, 08:29 AM

1 man conscript is 1 manpower.

Occupy 6 buildings for the mp cost of one squad. Vision + area denial.

The fact that something like this is even being suggested as a solution proves how stupid the building spawning is.
25 Jan 2016, 09:32 AM

Invissed a post, manners cost nothing.
25 Jan 2016, 10:03 AM

Banned
i don't get the point of these threads

it's not about asking for advice or counters...

it's just pointless whining...

I haven't been around on this forum long, but I have been around long enough to not see you post ANYTHING constructive. Either it's 'playercard???' or 'okay some 1v1's first' or this crap.

Really dude, you're a perfect example of what's wrong with the internet.

OT: You can easily mine doorways or wire off some areas so they get 'caught'. It's something you need to take care of man.
25 Jan 2016, 11:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 10:03 AMNight

I haven't been around on this forum long, but I have been around long enough to not see you post ANYTHING constructive. Either it's 'playercard???' or 'okay some 1v1's first' or this crap.

Really dude, you're a perfect example of what's wrong with the internet.

OT: You can easily mine doorways or wire off some areas so they get 'caught'. It's something you need to take care of man.

same question to you: in what way is this thread constructive?
25 Jan 2016, 11:25 AM

Banned

same question to you: in what way is this thread constructive?

Donnie, you're a sad man. Typical forumwarrior.
And now I leave you to it, I had my say.
25 Jan 2016, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 11:25 AMNight

The point is..Its still not a balance issue. The strategy forum is there for these Kinds of advices. So Donnies point still stand with "playercard plz" because its the fkint balance sub forum and not the strategy section..
25 Jan 2016, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jan 2016, 11:25 AMNight

OP isn't interested in gameplay tips, he is probably a 4v4 one-faction hero.
Your advice is pointless
25 Jan 2016, 18:02 PM

I like how falls can pop out of the tiniest shed in the ultimate fuck you move, can kill a sniper, waste an MG and faust a retreating AEC.

Meanwhile commandos get deployed in a paper mache 500mp glider that takes 5 minutes to land and even then gets shot down by the OKW T4 building

BRAVO RELIC :clap:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS