Login

russian armor

Calliope commander every single game

PAGES (11)down
19 Jan 2016, 21:35 PM

Permanently Banned
I really wish relic would act faster. My friends all bought this new P2W doctrine specifically because its overpowered. Im sure sega is happy. I hope if relic nerfs, panzerwerfer and calliope dont become garbage.

Calliope:
  • Reduce damage, reduce health to 480, reduce cost to 120 fuel.

Panzerwerfer:
  • Reduce damage, keep suppression.
19 Jan 2016, 21:38 PM

It's definietly overperforming.

Same story with the pee-werfer.
19 Jan 2016, 21:39 PM

Hunting down Calloipes? How do you maintain field presence when you send your only AT unit off on a wild goose chase? Meanwhile every weapon team you have is getting vaporized.

Assuming they placed a couple of mines or just try to snare you, I don't understand how you can trade effectively. At best you give up a P4 (125F) and kill a Calloipe, in return his cost to unlock Calloipe 0F, to build a tech structure to get it 0F, so the exchange while at first seems fair (125 vs 140), is actually in USF favor. Any other tank and the USF is obviously making an upgrade in cost.

The commander is a straight upgrade to other USF commanders, as stated, it gives you everything USF lacks and packs them together in one place.

Calloipe needs a significant nerf to bring it in line with other rocket arty, especially because of its deep health pool (for rocket arty) and the synergy present within this commander.
19 Jan 2016, 21:43 PM

Easy to solve the problem

1 Move OKW truks to their base sector.

2 Give Aliies better antitank options.
19 Jan 2016, 21:57 PM

Yeah, and I won these game. If the enemy bought Jacksons instead of spamming Callis, they may have had a chance of winning. I actually hate facing 2x Jacksons more than 2x Callis

It's just a meta phase that needs to be shifted by not letting these things being useful to USF.

Jasksons don't kill my support weapons or infantry Calliope's do. jacksons die to 3 pak shots. Calliopes dont. I can't understand how you'd rather face 2 Calliopes than Jackson's.
19 Jan 2016, 22:00 PM

Yeah, and I won these game. If the enemy bought Jacksons instead of spamming Callis, they may have had a chance of winning. I actually hate facing 2x Jacksons more than 2x Callis

It's just a meta phase that needs to be shifted by not letting these things being useful to USF.

Jasksons don't kill my support weapons or infantry Calliope's do. jacksons die to 3 pak shots. Calliopes dont. I can't understand how you'd rather face 2 Calliopes than Jackson's.

Edit: I don't recall double posting...
19 Jan 2016, 22:02 PM

Jasksons don't kill my support weapons or infantry Calliope's do

better say Jackson don't kill my pak wall, MG wall, gren blob, or Mortars.

So Lelic solve the problem with allies anti tank options and decrease Axis Antitank options.

And you will see Some ALiies vehicles on the field instead of Cali

Derease to minimum axis extened vision to support AT gun.

Problem solved
19 Jan 2016, 22:05 PM

To clarify why its hard to counter Calliopes to those who think it's easy as ABC:

The Calliope can fire at my army while being safe behind his army. If I try to attck his Calliope, I have to attack his whole army as well. I'm also attacking his army with a weakening army due to his calliope weakening it.

The calliope can get high reward with very little risk. You rush his defended calliope with a panther, hits a m20 mine and you're out a panther and now have 0 counters to calliope. He lulz and keeps bombing everything you have.
19 Jan 2016, 22:06 PM

better say Jackson don't kill my pak wall, MG wall, gren blob, or Mortars.

So Lelic solve the problem with allies anti tank options and decrease Axis Antitank options.

And you will see Some ALiies vehicles on the field instead of Cali

Derease to minimum axis extened vision to support AT gun.

Problem solved

Whats your argument here. I don't understand your thought process.
19 Jan 2016, 22:07 PM

T The commander gives rifles the ability to plant mines.

U have no clue
19 Jan 2016, 22:07 PM

Whats your argument here. I don't understand your thought process.

Caliope is just fine
19 Jan 2016, 22:08 PM

19 Jan 2016, 22:10 PM

Let's face it, the commander is strong. Too strong? Perhaps. The thing is the volks blob meta has existed without a hard counter (something that will always win against it) for quite some time now.

So if you've noticed Relic released a commander to hard counter the volks blob meta. Everything about it screams hard counter to blobs.

The M15 Halftrack when combined with the Calliope creates an ungodly combo of suppress and shell that is very hard to deal with; especially if the Calliope is guarded with Bazooka Infantry.

A simple way to "fix" this commander would be to replace the M15 with a different ability. Rear Echelon Flamers, Combat Engineersor a Greyhound would work. Then limit the Calliope's to 2.

Simple
19 Jan 2016, 22:14 PM

Combat Engineersor

YES YES YES I would love it THis commander need mines and cheap clearing building tolls , Plus Some demo could decrease some blobs.

GIve it me, give it to me GIVE IT!!!!

PS U may take anything from this commander instead.( except Caliope)
19 Jan 2016, 22:22 PM

I really wish relic would act faster. My friends all bought this new P2W doctrine specifically because its overpowered. Im sure sega is happy. I hope if relic nerfs, panzerwerfer and calliope dont become garbage.

Should've done a hotfix a long time ago..

Calliope:
  • Reduce damage, reduce health to 480, reduce cost to 120 fuel.

Panzerwerfer:
  • Reduce damage, keep suppression.

Calliope change sounds good, but Panzerwerfer nerfs is too light.
The panzerwerfer is superior to its counterpart, the Katyusha, in every way.

My suggestion:

• Remove suppression
    This is one of the things that makes it so hard to avoid. Even if you move as soon as you hear the rockets, most times you'll get locked in place by the suppression and forced to retreat

• Reduce damage
    If your infantry squad is caught in the middle of a panzerwerfer barrage, 90% of the time it will get wipes. For the Katyusha to wipe, you have to pray to RNGesus.
19 Jan 2016, 22:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The commander is good overall. Problem is that it has the only reliable late game indirect weapon for USF.

1919 - Limit them to 1 per squad.

M5 - Delay it. 4 CP from 3CP (IIRC same CPs as Lend lease M5)

Strafing run - Reduce muni cost to 100

Nerf CalliOP

>Improve barrage of Pack Howi (more than 3 shells plz)
>Improve major barrage
>Do something with the M8 Scott (better barrage?)

19 Jan 2016, 22:25 PM
Donator 11

If you don't blob Calliopes are almost useless
19 Jan 2016, 22:33 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 22:22 PMF1sh

Should've done a hotfix a long time ago..

Calliope change sounds good, but Panzerwerfer nerfs is too light.
The panzerwerfer is superior to its counterpart, the Katyusha, in every way.

My suggestion:

• Remove suppression
    This is one of the things that makes it so hard to avoid. Even if you move as soon as you hear the rockets, most times you'll get locked in place by the suppression and forced to retreat

• Reduce damage
    If your infantry squad is caught in the middle of a panzerwerfer barrage, 90% of the time it will get wipes. For the Katyusha to wipe, you have to pray to RNGesus.

The suppression makes it really unique though. If damage no longer autowipes anything it doesn't really matter.
19 Jan 2016, 22:35 PM

If you don't blob, you Calliopes are almost useless

What a nonsens

OKWs designed for BLOB and SimCity.

19 Jan 2016, 22:39 PM

If you don't blob, you Calliopes are almost useless

Blobbing has nothing to do with it.
It's OK that it punishes blobs heavily.
But on the other hand it leaves no chance to survive for your vet 3 HMG42, or Pak40, or single squad capping point. For crew weapons it's insta wipe most of the time.

And again. Don't make it calliope thread becasue it's not just calliope. It's the whole doctrine which is insanely superior to any other.
PAGES (11)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS