Login

russian armor

Calliope commander every single game

PAGES (11)down
20 Jan 2016, 08:15 AM

This thread is retarded.

Can someone details me the usual Top200 4vs4 Ostheer and OKW BO? Something like:

Ostheer
x2 HMG42
x2 mortar
x2 pack
somewhere in the middle a couple of bunkers and mine fields
Stale and wait till Pwerfer x2 or x3
+ doctrinal Elephant or LeH or command tank

OKW
x1 Kubel
x2 Sturm
XXXX Volks
x1 or x2 ISG
X panthers
KT + doctrinal Jag or Sturmtiger, sometime a pak43 as well.

Axis 4vs4 Top player gameplay is full def into late game rocket arty supported by super heavies. It is not really difficult to understand USF only has Calliope to break this meta.
Have you even try to play USF without it, and I mean without a single calliope in the map? It is simple: rush, cheese, all-in all you have in the 10 first minutes or you lose. I know that, I don't have the calliope.

The calliope would be much less see if Axis meta weren't that impossible to counter play on the long run without Calliopes.
I mean, even Katys aren't enough in most of cases.
20 Jan 2016, 08:51 AM
Patrion 14

You could also argue that its because all the other usf commanders sux. They dont give that extra punch, so please some of them need a buff, so you as a usf player have other options in 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4
20 Jan 2016, 09:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 08:00 AMTAKTCOM

Nice joke
i will pay 125 munny for wiped pak or mg every day.
20 Jan 2016, 09:43 AM

Reading the comments, it is more like a situation of 'Axis can have the fun rocket artillery, but I am against the idea that any Allies is allowed to have any. If they do, please at least as crappy as the Katy.'

20 Jan 2016, 10:07 AM

i will pay 125 munny for wiped pak or mg every day.

Wipe? Sounds like :hansRNG:
20 Jan 2016, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 08:15 AMEsxile
This thread is retarded.

Can someone details me the usual Top200 4vs4 Ostheer and OKW BO? Something like:

Ostheer
x2 HMG42
x2 mortar
x2 pack
somewhere in the middle a couple of bunkers and mine fields
Stale and wait till Pwerfer x2 or x3
+ doctrinal Elephant or LeH or command tank

OKW
x1 Kubel
x2 Sturm
XXXX Volks
x1 or x2 ISG
X panthers
KT + doctrinal Jag or Sturmtiger, sometime a pak43 as well.

Axis 4vs4 Top player gameplay is full def into late game rocket arty supported by super heavies. It is not really difficult to understand USF only has Calliope to break this meta.
Have you even try to play USF without it, and I mean without a single calliope in the map? It is simple: rush, cheese, all-in all you have in the 10 first minutes or you lose. I know that, I don't have the calliope.

The calliope would be much less see if Axis meta weren't that impossible to counter play on the long run without Calliopes.
I mean, even Katys aren't enough in most of cases.

How is that different from
3x Maxim
2x ZiS
2x Mortars

+

1x Bofors
2x Mortat Emplacement

+

2-3 Pack howies

+
ISU, AVRE, IS, KV2, Pershing anything.

Calliope is OP, just like PzWerfer. They should inflict heavy bleed and wipe from time to time.
Right now they are wiping every time.

Plus, you just talk about calliope. Try to put it in recon company and guess what, we won't see calliopes every game. It's not about calliope, it's about while doctrine being superior to any other which leads us to current meta where, I guess, about 80% of USF games end with calliope commander. Rest 20% just don't have this doctrine :brad:
20 Jan 2016, 11:36 AM

How is that different from
3x Maxim
2x ZiS
2x Mortars

+

1x Bofors
2x Mortat Emplacement

+

2-3 Pack howies

+
ISU, AVRE, IS, KV2, Pershing anything.

Calliope is OP, just like PzWerfer. They should inflict heavy bleed and wipe from time to time.
Right now they are wiping every time.

Plus, you just talk about calliope. Try to put it in recon company and guess what, we won't see calliopes every game. It's not about calliope, it's about while doctrine being superior to any other which leads us to current meta where, I guess, about 80% of USF games end with calliope commander. Rest 20% just don't have this doctrine :brad:

Actually, USF choose calliope because that's the only thing that USF lack off. Just give USF non-doctrinal Jeep Calliope and nobody would be forced to choose Calliope anymore.

20 Jan 2016, 11:39 AM

Keep in mind that the few useful USF doctorines were nerfed to ground prior this commander. For instance, Riflemen company is not even Riflemen themed anymore, and Airborne has received nerfs with the increase of cost of REs, and what used to be a 260 ammo recon pass doesn't even hit anything anymore. Pershing is just an overly expensive medium tank..
20 Jan 2016, 11:57 AM

U think guys why new USF commanders looks sooo awesome and OKW not, becouse OKW have evrything already :facepalm:
20 Jan 2016, 12:11 PM

calliopes are so expensive though, any nerf will need a price decrease.
20 Jan 2016, 12:12 PM

IMHO this commander is not OP, thus, it souldn´t be changed, but others USF commanders are underperforming, and they should be brought in line with Tactical support commander.

Rifle company has no use nowadays and airbone commander doesn´t offer anything usefull, only airbone squads, but you can get the same with rifles and M19 LMGs (well airbone can shoot that lmg on the move and rifleman can´t but that´s all).

So, OP, What are you expecting??? people using recon company just in order you don´t get bored of facing this support company every game...

Ask for better USF commanders instead of ask for nerfs to the only one usefull commander and you will have more success, well, thats my opinion, that can be wrong, of course...

Regards,
20 Jan 2016, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 12:12 PMFul4n0
IMHO this commander is not OP, thus, it souldn´t be changed, but others USF commanders are underperforming, and they should be brought in line with Tactical support commander.

Rifle company has no use nowadays and airbone commander doesn´t offer anything usefull, only airbone squads, but you can get the same with rifles and M19 LMGs (well airbone can shoot that lmg on the move and rifleman can´t but that´s all).

So, OP, What are you expecting??? people using recon company just in order you don´t get bored of facing this support company every game...

Ask for better USF commanders instead of ask for nerfs to the only one usefull commander and you will have more success, well, thats my opinion, that can be wrong, of course...

Regards,

+++++++++
20 Jan 2016, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 12:12 PMFul4n0

Regards,

640 HP, good armor, best indirect fire, call-in, its fine ? :p
20 Jan 2016, 14:08 PM

Only thing you can do vs caliope commander is go armor.

Too bad you need the rest of your army to get there and that dies to m1919's rifles, m5 and stuart followed lateron by caliope.

Add the fact that caliope is damn near unkilleble (640 hp, 160 armor, can bounce p4 shells on a freaking arty piece)and has wiping werfer power, and you get the next rifle company.

Anyone defending this commander (especially with the LOL OP axis yadayada) has never faced it being used by an opponent with half a brain.
20 Jan 2016, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 13:18 PMBlalord

640 HP, good armor, best indirect fire, call-in, its fine ? :p

It doesn't really change the fact that USF do shit after 15 minutes in teamgame. You can reduce the Calliope armor (and its price), people will still select it because the commander offer solution to most of the USF gameplay gaps.

There is one way to make it less used, nerf it to the ground because right now there is nothing except the pershing valuable past CP8 on USF doctrine that is usable in teamgame.

Nerf it to ground, nerf the pershing as well to make sure it is not the only last call-in/ability interesting past CP8 and there you'll have people playing all other commanders.
20 Jan 2016, 14:13 PM

Enjoy trying to dodge Stuka with Sovs. The moment they'll have things packed and ready to move, they'll be wiped..

+1000

but yeah. do we need to say more than the OP has? no. look at jewsolins ESL strats. oh its so damn funny. every game the same crap over and over again.

but did we expect something else? creating some OpieOP commanders almost everyone wants to have for 4$? lelic pls.
20 Jan 2016, 14:21 PM

Does someone have the stats of the Calliope and the Panzerwerfer at hand? Especially the Callies.

IIRC it has the same damage (80), but better splash, more rockets and a higher range. Plus it's way more durable and has a crew. Then of course, it's a lot more expensive. But still, it is way more potent than the PW.

What I'd like to see is less lethality (for PW as well), especially AOE wise, no more crew (or at least stop the cooldown when it is abandoned) and a bigger scatter.

I had a 4v4 yesterday where one USF had 5 or 6 callies, wiping team weapons and squads left and right. His brit mate went tacical support and whenever we tried to push with armor provided artillery cover, engine-critting everything.
His Calliope blob was hit by my stuka bomb twice, but they survived with 50% health.
Of course this is a different matter in teamgames, but the commander is still very, very potent, especially when paired with the OP tactical support.
20 Jan 2016, 14:23 PM
Patrion 26

Actually, USF choose calliope because that's the only thing that USF lack off. Just give USF non-doctrinal Jeep Calliope and nobody would be forced to choose Calliope anymore.

I completely agree with this. The M8A1 Howitzer is barely if ever used and is totally outclassed by every other non-doctrinal late game artillery vehicle. This would be a very decent and worthwhile replacement.

20 Jan 2016, 14:30 PM

Enjoy trying to dodge Stuka with Sovs. The moment they'll have things packed and ready to move, they'll be wiped..

Well, watch VonIvan with heavy maxim and mortars vs SpaceHamster who used Stuka and check how many wipes he got.

This doctrine is just OP.

1919? We already have doctrine with LMGs, plus there are many threads about double LMGs. So what Relic did? Introduced even better 1919 doctrine for more LMGs blobs of doom.
3 CP Quad? Well, it's not like USF have problems with light vehicles... (M20, AA HT, Stuart, Greyhound :rolleyes: )
Recon. I don't own it but how long does it last? Cause I have a feeling like it lasts forever. And keep in mind there are already 2 doctrines with recon.
Calliope with 640HP and chance to bounce medium tanks, leaving no chance for crew weapons, which can be spammed with crew feature.

What could go wrong? :brad:

It's like combining best abilities from all doctrines into one.
Just imagine:
- Osttruppen
- Puma
- Recon
- SCAS/Dive bomb
- Tiger Ace
Who needs to tech? :luvDerp:
Or:
- Shocks/Guards
- Recon
- ML-20
- Anything OP
- IS2/KV2/ISU

Well, make you own commander nad enjoy top abilities packed into one :romeoHype:
20 Jan 2016, 15:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 03:16 AMVuther

Well to be fair, Artillery Cover is pretty goddamn nutso. A single Panther could probably achieve decent, if not alike, results against Calliope spam with Artillery Cover giving it the opening too.

(Not that this makes CalliOPope fine)

I agree. The game I explained above was the result of 2 very powerful doctrine units and abilities.
PAGES (11)down
3 users are browsing this thread: 3 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS