Login

russian armor

Calliope commander every single game

PAGES (11)down
19 Jan 2016, 22:44 PM

Permanently Banned
The saturation fire against okw trucks is kinda bad. But the biggest offender is vs ostheer who is made up of fragile support crews, which calliope mercilessly wipes most of the time. Too punishing.
19 Jan 2016, 22:53 PM

Swap the m1919 upgrade with PIAT's and replace the Calliope with the Sexton :wub:
19 Jan 2016, 23:02 PM

Easy to solve the problem

1 Move OKW truks to their base sector.

2 Give Aliies better antitank options.

USF has to move away from their FRP (Major/Ambulance) with the Werfer, so why not OKW the same?

To clarify why its hard to counter Calliopes to those who think it's easy as ABC:

The Calliope can fire at my army while being safe behind his army. If I try to attck his Calliope, I have to attack his whole army as well. I'm also attacking his army with a weakening army due to his calliope weakening it.

The calliope can get high reward with very little risk. You rush his defended calliope with a panther, hits a m20 mine and you're out a panther and now have 0 counters to calliope. He lulz and keeps bombing everything you have.

And...Axis doesn't do this with Panzerwerfer and the like? =/ Oh, and Axis more readily has mines.

Blobbing has nothing to do with it.
It's OK that it punishes blobs heavily.
But on the other hand it leaves no chance to survive for your vet 3 HMG42, or Pak40, or single squad capping point. For crew weapons it's insta wipe most of the time.

And again. Don't make it calliope thread becasue it's not just calliope. It's the whole doctrine which is insanely superior to any other.

Again *cough* USF has to do this against Panzerwerfer and the like.

Seems most of the gripes is stuff that Ally players have ALWAYS had to put up with.

19 Jan 2016, 23:07 PM

19 Jan 2016, 23:07 PM
Donator 11

The saturation fire against okw trucks is kinda bad. But the biggest offender is vs ostheer who is made up of fragile support crews, which calliope mercilessly wipes most of the time. Too punishing.

This is a very good argument. In fact rocket artillery nullifies late game support weapon play for all factions and I hate that.

Late game boils down to tanks and attack moving infantry and retreating in time
19 Jan 2016, 23:13 PM

Pwerfer has differnt effect on At gun HMg and PakHowi Mortars RIght?
19 Jan 2016, 23:29 PM

Easy to solve the problem

1 Move OKW truks to their base sector.

Doesn't work, caliopes have to many HP and could easily drive closer and shot your squad/squads down lol

2 Give Aliies better antitank options.

This is wht caliope should be op? Allied AT ability isn't that bad as noone thinks
19 Jan 2016, 23:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 23:29 PMFrost

Doesn't work, caliopes have to many HP and could easily drive closer and shot your squad/squads down lol

Good. no one gets away from justice.

Here u can offer how i should intercept Stuka or Pwerefer and change the name to caliope and this will be counter.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 23:29 PMFrost
This is wht caliope should be op? Allied AT ability isn't that bad as noone thinks

It is sherman.Consider it that i use a tank.

So why not?
20 Jan 2016, 00:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 23:02 PMGhostTX

USF has to move away from their FRP (Major/Ambulance) with the Werfer, so why not OKW the same?

Man, what a crappy argument. USF has a mobile FRP. Moving that is not really difficult. Now try and move the OKW battlegroup hq...
20 Jan 2016, 00:36 AM

better say Jackson don't kill my pak wall, MG wall, gren blob, or Mortars.

So Lelic solve the problem with allies anti tank options and decrease Axis Antitank options.

And you will see Some ALiies vehicles on the field instead of Cali

Derease to minimum axis extened vision to support AT gun.

Problem solved

Hah. Your logic to balance an OP unit is to buff everything else in the army so that people are less likely to choose THAT op unit,.... since they will have others to choose from?
Nuts...

It's like saying you can cure HIV by making a killer strain of rhinovirus so that chaos has more tools to choose from.
20 Jan 2016, 00:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 00:33 AMRappy

Now try and move the OKW battlegroup hq...

Easy. Just get about 2 Caliope and soon yoou will see their trucks near their base sectors.
20 Jan 2016, 00:42 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

its the only doctrine worth a damn for usf. especially in 2's+ why else? LUL

if anyone else can win consistently with docs not called tactical support *and dat pershing doc as USF, i want da replays so i can L2P.
20 Jan 2016, 00:54 AM

Here is only one doctrine for the late game as USF, idk what is called but it has Sherman tank and few tubes on top of its turret avalible at 10 CPs.
20 Jan 2016, 00:54 AM
Patrion 14

no behind the line arty unit should be a wipe machine.

20 Jan 2016, 00:56 AM

if anyone else can win consistently with OKW and not put their Battle or Shwerer somewhere in the middle, i want da replays so i can L2P.
20 Jan 2016, 00:58 AM
Donator 11

OOohhh the glorious blob rekting power of the Calliope
20 Jan 2016, 01:05 AM
Patrion 14

Less to do with the calliope and more to do with:

• Stuart rush + M5 quad combo is powerful as hell

• Double m1919 on riflemen are way too cost efficient(especially when they hit vet 3)

• Recon run is amazingly powerful

• Strafe can wipe support teams or lone squads if they stay in the targeted area

If the only thing good about this commander was the calliope, I'd treat it like I treat the pershing commander. But all these things together just makes it way too strong and meta that even nerfing the calliope wouldn't put it out of flavor.

It's kind of like they took shock frontline and made an equivalent for USF.
20 Jan 2016, 01:11 AM

its the only doctrine worth a damn for usf. especially in 2's+ why else? LUL

if anyone else can win consistently with docs not called tactical support *and dat pershing doc as USF, i want da replays so i can L2P.

What Cookies said.

The problem with USF is that their faction is designed as a "Win early game, dread late game." That works in 1v1 but the higher team games you go you'll soon find USF to be a hindrance late game. It doesn't help that a good chunk of their commanders are just...meh.

With this commander however, the biggest problem isn't that it's over performing, it's more it fills a majority of the USF's holes in their army.

- USF has no great indirect fire options (Pak howie is nice but we're talking werfer style).
- USF has to get in close to do damage (LMG's let them stay at range)
- USF has no reliable way to constantly scout positions (The scout plane)

Hell the only gap this commander doesn't fill is USF's late game. Two of those holes SHOULD of been filled by the major, but he keeps getting ignored.
20 Jan 2016, 01:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2016, 00:33 AMRappy

Man, what a crappy argument. USF has a mobile FRP. Moving that is not really difficult. Now try and move the OKW battlegroup hq...

Why is it crappy? You still have to be aware and move your men about, especially when you hear the rockets. OKW can do the same thing. True, USF could "relocate" the FRP, but it doesn't have the HP like the OKW truck, does it?
20 Jan 2016, 01:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2016, 23:02 PMGhostTX

And...Axis doesn't do this with Panzerwerfer and the like? =/ Oh, and Axis more readily has mines.

Good thing you don't have to send in tanks to kill it. Just bomb it with your calliope! Wipe a few defensive mines while your at it!:D
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS