Login

russian armor

A way to nerf calliope without overnerf

PAGES (7)down
11 Jan 2016, 02:42 AM

Crit shots? well werfer and Katy die in one hit, Stuka in 2. :S

Ya, because they're light armored half tracks.

Could we nerf the Sturmpanzer or Sturmtiger? I mean, they're high damage area effect tanks, too. No need for them to have tank HP when they decimate blobs and support guns (and tanks) with such one shot ease, too.

11 Jan 2016, 02:42 AM

I thought of an alternative way to balance the calliope, reduce its max range. Since it has the hp of a regular sherman, it shouldn't be able to kept behind the lines bombarding buildings, so USF players will have to position their units well to cover the calliope when it fires to protect it. Considering you can literally call in two calliopes on minsk pocket, sit on your one vp and bombard Axis all day currently, i think this is a good idea. There needs to be more of a risk to indirect fire weapons.
11 Jan 2016, 02:44 AM

DOn't forget to nerf many axis unit that provide extended range vision for AT guns, fire. without any reason. This also has efect on AT capability of Axis.

Nerf those things, what I have mentioned above, remove enourmouse AT capability and give it to alies and you dear axis will see rarly see Caliope without changing it.but very often you gonna mass shermans and T34
11 Jan 2016, 02:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 02:42 AMbert69
I thought of an alternative way to balance the calliope, reduce its max range. Since it has the hp of a regular sherman, it shouldn't be able to kept behind the lines bombarding buildings, so USF players will have to position their units well to cover the calliope when it fires to protect it. Considering you can literally call in two calliopes on minsk pocket, sit on your one vp and bombard Axis all day currently, i think this is a good idea. There needs to be more of a risk to indirect fire weapons.

Axis did this all day before the Cali with little fear of being artied. About time they need to keep on their toes, now.

11 Jan 2016, 02:47 AM

DOn't forget to nerf many axis unit that provide extended range vision for AT guns, fire. without any reason. This also has efect on AT capability of Axis.

Nerf those things, what I have mentioned above, remove enourmouse AT capability and give it to alies and you dear axis will see rarly see Caliope without changing it.but very often you gonna mass shermans and T34

The IR half-track has been one thing I never understood when Axis already has camouflage AT guns and snipers to scout. And USF has....oh wait, none of that, let alone the IR HT...that someohow is radar in the day. :S
11 Jan 2016, 02:56 AM

Rocket artillery is cancer and a blanket Nerf on all Rocket artillery in the game is needed.
11 Jan 2016, 03:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 02:42 AMGhostTX
Ya, because they're light armored half tracks.

Could we nerf the Sturmpanzer or Sturmtiger? I mean, they're high damage area effect tanks, too. No need for them to have tank HP when they decimate blobs and support guns (and tanks) with such one shot ease, too.

They're indirect fire artillery, they're supposed to be fragile because other units are meant to defend them, and they can be hidden when not in use. This doesn't apply to the Sturmpanzer or Sturmtiger, and I'm not sure what you're trying to prove by bringing up irrelevant units anyway.
11 Jan 2016, 03:18 AM

Werfer is just as bullshit lethality wise

Should be slightly better than kat, possibly low cooldown, no suppression.

Stuka is just as bullshit lethal vs support weapons

Stuka is fine, it very RNG dependent, can kill only 1 model on direct hit.

Katyusha should be buffed to match these

Nope, kat is only balanced rocket arty atm. It bad on max range, but great on med/close ranges, where it can be easily destroyed in return. If you use it right, it ruins blobs, if you use it wrong it dies or deals no damage.

Also, anyone who thinks that rocket arty which can consistently wipe squads on first salvo on max range and dont give a time to avoid barrages by splitting is okay coz "blobs" should have cursed by RNG God himself. Squad preservation should matter and should be rewarded, and current indirect fire late-game meta is more disgusting than glorious days of ISU152.
11 Jan 2016, 04:18 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I stand by what I said. If it's less durable, you have counter play, it then becomes a l2p issue of losing squads to it.

Game shouldn't just be "I know how to retreat my infantry so I have 999 infantry squads blobbing around late game" because let's be real, infantry preservation is something you learn after 100 games. It's really not that hard to keep your infantry alive.

If you don't take the action to destroy the arty countering your giant inf horde/battlegroup cluster fuck of infantry.

you should get rekt by it. Problem with calliope is you cannot do shit about it since its too durable.

I personally don't mind werfer lethality to an extent because you can always hunt it down or counter battery it. Or just win before it comes.
11 Jan 2016, 04:47 AM

Cap it at 2 per person. And maybe a small dmg or health nerf.
11 Jan 2016, 04:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

-What about shooting 6 rockets x 4 barrages instead of the actual 10/8-10/4?

-I wouldn't reduce as much health. 480hp should be fine (bit more bit less, whatever)

-Make it a bit slower.

-Rocket AoE profile should be reduced a bit on both Calliope and PW.
11 Jan 2016, 05:21 AM

counter play

Counter play of doing suicide all-ins into at gun walls and mines? We already had it with ISU.

Game shouldn't just be "I know how to retreat my infantry so I have 999 infantry squads blobbing around late game".

Yet you propose exactly that with -50% damage from rockets on retreat.

infantry preservation is something you learn after 100 games. It's really not that hard to keep your infantry alive.

BS. Infantry dies to mines on retreat paths, it dies to demos, it dies to light vehicles and overextension, it dies to flanks, grenades and RNG mortar shells, it dies to tanks, it just dies. Everybody loses their squad in a course of games, and vetted and double upgraded squads should be a factor in late game, not something which would be erased in one barrage.

If you don't take the action to destroy the arty countering your giant inf horde/battlegroup cluster fuck of infantry.

You wish calliope was only good against infantry. It good against everything short of tanks and wipes OKW trucks in 2 barrages on med range, exactly what kat where doing when relic decided to overbuff it beyond any considerable reason. And together with werfer it wipes blobs and single squads alike, causing tremendous amounts of bleed by very little effort.

You must make counters work by using them right, which is not the case with werfer and calliope.
11 Jan 2016, 07:39 AM

Cap it at 2 per person. And maybe a small dmg or health nerf.

You can't put a limit on calliope number cause there is vehicule crew
11 Jan 2016, 07:46 AM

It should have to decrew to reload.
11 Jan 2016, 08:15 AM

A counter barrage should do SOMETHING. All of the other rocket artillery is prone to counter barrage EXCEPT the calliope. A Katy or a PZWerfer gets horribly smashed if targeted by concentrated art.

A calliope can just sit behind a wall of AT guns & mgs & get free shots. Art does nothing to it.
11 Jan 2016, 08:31 AM

make it killable in 1 shot, just like any arty ingame

With the exception of stuka, suxton and priest.

Not even majority of mobile arty dies to 1 shot.
You're... wrong...
11 Jan 2016, 08:55 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 02:56 AMUnited
Rocket artillery is cancer and a blanket Nerf on all Rocket artillery in the game is needed.

I agree.
11 Jan 2016, 09:39 AM

Some choice moments:

The whine is too stronk.

So, as unbiased as possible I will suggest some nerfs:

Everyone swears this thing is firing 30 demo charges when it fires.(nobody said this C&C) Agreed. And this is perfectly fine IMO.

So before you start bitching and moaning at me
Werfer is just as bullshit lethality wise
Stuka is just as bullshit lethal vs support weapons
Katyusha should be buffed to match these

Get over it axis fanboys.

That's "as unbiased as possible"? "Get over it Axis fanboys", lol.

Why don't you try addressing your posts to the rational people on the forum and not fighting troll fire with troll fire? I mean, you eventually made some good suggestions for how to fix the Calliope without making it useless. But there's like 3 paragraphs of insults and aggression before you got there.

I play only Axis but I'm capable of reading a post about an allied unit without insulting you. There are a lot of users here who will read what you say and take it on board. Otherwise having to dig through your "bullshit" "whining" "fanboys" "get over it" "bitching and moaning" is hard. That's a childish way to write.

"Well cookies, we have all this Insta wiping arty! This sucks!!!!one!!" GOOD. Artillery is he main cause for death during WWII. It was a GREAT INVENTION.

Artillery was indeed a major killer in WW2. That doesn't mean this game will be more fun with more of it. You're supposed to be commanding a small company with limited access to hardware, this way it's not a game of spamming high-level tech but mixed arms. If all factions get super arty, it'll lead to worse gameplay.
11 Jan 2016, 09:51 AM

don't get me wrong, indirect fire is an integral part of the game, but when it gets to the point where indirect fire, whether it be calliopes, stukas, katyushas or panzerwerfers is more important than having actual units on the field, that's the point where it gets a bit retarded.
11 Jan 2016, 10:38 AM

This is typical Relic promotion for new commanders. Once they sell enough copies, it will be nerfed to the ground.

I think Calliope is expensive, so it makes legit to be good at some area. However its good in damage and its durable too... So i think either its HP should be lowered or its firepower.

I vote for lowering its HP and let its armor do the work.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS