Login

russian armor

USF vs Ost Sniper situation is poor

11 Jan 2016, 12:39 PM

Ostheer sniper is fine.
11 Jan 2016, 12:42 PM
Patrion 14

Ostheer sniper is fine.

This is not about the sniper being OP, this is about the lack of counters USF has to counter the sniper.
11 Jan 2016, 13:06 PM

Limit snipers to one on the field at a time. A single sniper can be driven off by infantry. The problem is multiple snipers bleeding out charging squads.
11 Jan 2016, 13:11 PM

Permanently Banned
USA cries on ostheer sniper? that's new, despite the fact the USA has free tech unit (captain or lieutenant with free zooks/Bar) and can get M20 in 4 minutes where Ostheer has zero counter to that in early and USA rifleman overwhelms grens in early and with Bars they are like terminators you still want USA to get some buffs?

Hm, strange how you lose game with USF with all this free stuff vs Luvnest ostheer + sniper ? :banana:
11 Jan 2016, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 12:42 PMLooney

This is not about the sniper being OP, this is about the lack of counters USF has to counter the sniper.

Best (and probably only cost effective) counter to a sniper, is another sniper :snfBarton:.

Guess which factions struggle with snipers the most :brad:
11 Jan 2016, 13:36 PM

Hm, strange how you lose game with USF with all this free stuff vs Luvnest ostheer + sniper ? :banana:

i havent played USA in 1v1 for like half a year? :snfBarton:
11 Jan 2016, 14:12 PM

I wish I'd see a day when cheesy snipers will be removed and some long-range support units like Jaegers/Pathfinders will be introduced.
11 Jan 2016, 14:24 PM

I wish I'd see a day when cheesy snipers will be removed and some long-range support units like Jaegers/Pathfinders will be introduced.

It just means adding a special squad into the blob, Genius.
11 Jan 2016, 14:37 PM

i havent played USA in 1v1 for like half a year? :snfBarton:

yeah right as u said if someone want to play as USF need half a year for preparation if not.. rekt
11 Jan 2016, 15:10 PM

usf have problem against OST sniper
ost have problem against USF (and sov) light tanks.

If you fix one you need to fix the other. I do think that the 1v1 meta game seems to be dominated by light vehicle rush and sniper at the moment.
11 Jan 2016, 15:14 PM

Having a problem and having literally no counter is a different thing. Same with UKF having no at nades for no reason.

m20 is useless against snipers past a certain point and pathfinders are a commander unit that needs vet 3 to be reliable.

Daily reminder about:
★F★R★E★E★★★S★Q★U★A★D★S★

usf literally 100% winrate and if you lose with ★F★R★E★E★★★S★Q★U★A★D★S★ you are bad
11 Jan 2016, 15:22 PM

Having a problem and having literally no counter is a different thing. Same with UKF having no at nades for no reason.

m20 is useless against snipers past a certain point and pathfinders are a commander unit that needs vet 3 to be reliable.

★F★R★E★E★★★S★Q★U★A★D★S★

usf literally 100% winrate and if you lose with ★F★R★E★E★★★S★Q★U★A★D★S★ you are bad

USF does not have a 100% win rate... literally
http://coh2chart.com/

I wonder why you aren't rank 1 with USF since you proclaim they're so good. Maybe because you're bad...

So your comment serves no point to this thread. Please use real data and facts to make a point.
11 Jan 2016, 15:24 PM

I wonder why you aren't rank 1 with USF since you proclaim they're so good. Maybe because you're bad...

So your comment serves no point to this thread. Please use real data and facts to make a point.

looks like someone is really butthurt that his faction doesn't have ★F★R★E★E★★★S★Q★U★A★D★S★

USA USA USA USA USA
11 Jan 2016, 15:28 PM

11 Jan 2016, 17:06 PM

usf have problem against OST sniper
ost have problem against USF (and sov) light tanks.

I don't see anything in common between snipers and light tanks.
11 Jan 2016, 17:20 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Oh yeah glorious OKW infantry design. Where a horde of basic (vet 5) long-ranged infantry is what you are facing with A move (+ Shrecks on volks). Jägers are no long range support, they are basically yet another infantry squad which happen to have a nice crit chance.

Snipers are fine, a high risk and high reward unit. What is not fine is the design of factions like the USF which lack a proper counter against them (apart from vehicles of course). If they remove snipers then basically OKW and USF infantry play will be much more dominant compared to the vanilla factions. And in my opinion OKW and USF (infantry) gameplay lacks depth and is quite boring.
11 Jan 2016, 17:30 PM

Increase received accuracy for nearly the same effect.

This.

I also would like a change to the way an Ost sniper can fire it's special ability. As of this moment I am tired of getting squad wipes thanks to the double 2 second fire rate of the sniper when using said ability. True, it is 45 munis and it should still effectively be used, but not in it's current state. I would suggest adding a 2 second extension(more time to aim) to the ability so that it can still be utilized but not be ridiculous, especially since it is usually 100% accurate.
11 Jan 2016, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 17:20 PMluvnest

Oh yeah glorious OKW infantry design. Where a horde of basic (vet 5) long-ranged infantry is what you are facing with A move (+ Shrecks on volks). Jägers are no long range support, they are basically yet another infantry squad which happen to have a nice crit chance.

Snipers are fine, a high risk and high reward unit. What is not fine is the design of factions like the USF which lack a proper counter against them (apart from vehicles of course). If they remove snipers then basically OKW and USF infantry play will be much more dominant compared to the vanilla factions. And in my opinion OKW and USF (infantry) gameplay lacks depth and is quite boring.

I agree here pretty much 100%. If snipers were turned into squads they'd lose all skill, then Soviet T1 into guard/sniper lines would be the new meta and Ost sniper would wreck USF before ambulance to the point of GG.

OT: I think riflemens/paras/REs target tables should be more accurate against Snipers by 15 to 20%, simplest change.
11 Jan 2016, 19:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 17:30 PMVonIvan
I would suggest adding a 2 second extension(more time to aim) to the ability so that it can still be utilized but not be ridiculous, especially since it is usually 100% accurate.

Not usually, always. It's like aim shot, good against retreating squads.
11 Jan 2016, 19:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2016, 17:20 PMluvnest

I did not say Jaegers, but like Jaegers/Pathfinders.

Fragile unit, with good sight, with % chance to snipe when model has X% of HP, but rather useless in real fight.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight