Login

russian armor

WTF is the logic behind the brace structure ability?

30 Dec 2015, 20:02 PM

Leig out ranges pit

Mortar half tracks wreck them.

30 Dec 2015, 20:15 PM

I didn't know it was possible to have problems taking out UKF emplacements, lol.
31 Dec 2015, 00:12 AM

This a l2p issue. Just get a flame halftrack or a mortar halftrack to firebomb it like it was Tokyo. If OKW, ISGs are the answer.
31 Dec 2015, 00:28 AM
Donator 33

Hulldown should give Axis tanks Brace. :foreveralone:

But hulldown reduces incoming damage, reduces reload times and gives +10 range for the unit, Its already very powerfull!
31 Dec 2015, 01:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 20:02 PMpoop
Leig out ranges pit

Mortar half tracks wreck them.

Pit outranges leig.

Wehr/soviet mortar autofire 80,barrage 80
120mm mortar autofire 100,barrage 100
Wehr/US mortarhalftrack auto 80,barrage 80
Mortar pit autofire 115,barrage 115
Leig autofire 100,barrage 100
Pak Howi autofire 80,barrage 120
US M8 autofire 60,barrage 80

31 Dec 2015, 18:07 PM

emplacements should be able to pack up and move LOL

always looking at the perspective that favors one side but never looking from the other side shows your bias
31 Dec 2015, 18:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Dec 2015, 23:38 PMRappy
It's such a load of bull that a mortar pit composed of a few sandbags can brace so that copious artillery created purely to counter the endless sim city cannot do more than a small amount of damage against them. They brace just long enough for the sappers to arrive with their ridiculously fast repair ability. Count a few seconds and its back up and running again, full health. Why is there such a cheesy mechanic in this game?

And why does the mortar pit out range all other indirect fire in the first place?

So many skilless brit players who just put up emplacements and seal off entire quadrants of the map.

Where is the logic in OKW having fantasy inc grenades?

Here, I'll save you the bother of answering by posting the average axis response on here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwdba9C2G14
31 Dec 2015, 19:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2015, 18:12 PMGrim
Where is the logic in OKW having fantasy inc grenades?

Same logic that limits all factions' hand grenades to very specific infantry squads, American rifle grenades to M1 carbine-using troops only when sitting in a fancy hole in the ground, heavy machine guns to specific OKW formations...
1 Jan 2016, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2015, 07:56 AMatouba
Bofos and 17 pounder AT are quite suitable for emplacements but not the mortars! Simply remove the mortar pit then add a common mobile mortar to the brits,all problems solved.Relic pls!

Why don't we just make every faction the same, just give them different colors? Then we can have mirror matches and true balance.
1 Jan 2016, 14:07 PM

British emplacment aren't op they are really expensve and easy counter able. They are fine, learn to play.
1 Jan 2016, 15:10 PM

Boo hoo I can't take out an emplacement.

Yeah, with the Walking Stuka, the OP panzerwerfer, all your tanks and airstrikes you can't take out emplacements.

Stop whining and L2P, the lastthing the Brits need is yet another nerf on their emplacments
2 Jan 2016, 06:06 AM

I just played against another double campy Brit 2v2. I did all that was suggested, ie. keep Leigs next to Battlegroup (instead of Panzer HQ). This was better than before, but still the Bofors were being nailed by LeIGs and were not going down in health at all. (It wasn't braced, but had a yellow spinning symbol above). I had two LeIG's and brought in a JagdPanzer. A blob of piats appeared from behind the Bofor and killed the JagdPanzer before it could do much. Meanwhile the Bofors were taking absolutely ages to die - I mean minutes of constant Barraging. By the time I killed one, I went in to throw grenades at the mortar pit and there were two more bofors.

Luckily we won this one through attrition, but it could have gone either way again based on how devastating the combination of emplacements is.

I asked one of them afterwards why he played with such an annoying campy style, he answered "cos it usually works". They were crappy players otherwise, so it didn't seem fitting that their lack of skill in infantry combat should have been rewarded with so many previous victories with this playing style.

I understand there is an overall balance to the factions now, but sometimes you can just get stuck in a rut against certain playstyles on certain maps through no fault of your own.

Anyway, I really learned a good technique from this thread so I thank you all, no matter how aggressive and snobbish some of you have been.
2 Jan 2016, 06:34 AM

What is the point of making the tank immobile but cannot fire then?
2 Jan 2016, 06:49 AM

:foreveralone:

What is the point of making something immobile unable to fire?

:megusta:

(But honestly, sarcasm doesn't transmit well across the internet, nor does it translate well. I wasn't being particularly serious.)
9 Jan 2016, 00:21 AM

Logic ? It's to reward people for buying a DLC.. in CoH 1 people were punished for building sim cities by massed artillery.

Now it's "click" and your flamethrowers, tanks, artillery and everything else can just cry and wait for the blob.
9 Jan 2016, 00:32 AM
Donator 11

Brit emplacements are lack luster AF. Costly, ez to counter ( erratic at guns fire,flame nades), cant retreat, poor vet.

Hell even the JAGTIGER TANK....out ranges the 17 pounder Anti Tank gun.

Brace is super ez to counter just make it so he has to brace and then wait to attack.
9 Jan 2016, 03:28 AM

Cancer emplacements were a problem in Coh1. Relic logic: Reintroduce emplacements that everybody hated into Coh2 and give them an ability to be invincible.

Brace should get out of the game.

That's funny, because they were really easy to kill in COH1 and so they are here too.

Emplacements:

-Huge popcap cost.
-Really vulnerable to any flame weapon or the retardedly spammed panzershreck.
-Immobile.

Use your god damn imagination, from T2 onwards you have access to endless list of units that can erase emplacements with ease.

In fact a UKF player that relies heavily on emplacements is one that usually loses, because he can't move so he is a sitting duck and he also can't help his team mates.

If there is a design flaw that rightfully is to be loathed is the fact that OKW has access to the best units in-game, christ, its the only freaking faction that has access to a Heavy call-in without the need for a commander.

It really pisses me off that you people bitch about what is the least attractive feature of UKF in terms of game meta...You aren't winning easily enough? sod off.UKF has nothing else to provide much needed troop support and is forced to rely on static, costly and vulnerable emplacements, but at least now it has some semi competent tanks and mobile HMG, unlike COH1 where the only viable option was the firefly glass cannons.

9 Jan 2016, 10:39 AM

Logic ? It's to reward people for buying a DLC.. in CoH 1 people were punished for building sim cities by massed artillery.

Now it's "click" and your flamethrowers, tanks, artillery and everything else can just cry and wait for the blob.

Or, not listen to me, you can bait brit to use brace, soft retreat, wait until 30 sec pass on the timer and unleash arty hell on helpless emplacements that get huge bonus dmg from flames and explosions.

Its called L2P and L2Adapt.

Sure, whining is easier, but on the long run, you'll still be a clueless noob.
9 Jan 2016, 12:20 PM

Why we cannot have playable brits ? with normal building counter not cancer pit that is hated by british fans and also by wehraboo fans.

VOTE for normal mortar now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS