Login

russian armor

Calliopes

20 Dec 2015, 20:29 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2015, 09:13 AMVolsky
The problem is not that the Callie/Painwerfer rek blobs, it's that they're a two-click squad whiteout tool. Unless you are literally in bed with the RNG god(esse)s, both of these units' barrages will wipe any squad you own off the face of the earth.

The argument that the Painwerfer is fragile and comes in T4, thus it should be able to simply delete whatever it hits, is stupid. You can't even field something comparable unless you field the Callie. Now that the Krapyusha doesn't have its laser-guided barrage, it simply doesn't measure up to either the Painwerfer or Callie in raw destructive power (despite, iirc, equal expense to the former and despite also being locked behind a T4 that is now impossible to skip to, barring the T1/T2 choice).

I'd up the Callie's default range by maybe 25, slap ~2.5º higher scatter on it, and give it a continuous barrage, not this silly burst rocket nonsense. You can use the tank-like HP to drive it into sword-hitting range or hang back and hope a lucky rocket lands on your intended target. The large(r) scatter value would also help it put the hurt on larger blobs.

well said.
21 Dec 2015, 11:01 AM

Yeah I could definitely go for more spread on the calliope and a single large barrage instead of katy waves. It's super potent for wiping squads if you aim them well from a reasonable distance, but it's also kind of worthless at blob control because it's "too" precise as well. Less precision squadwipes, but more blob damage would be great.
21 Dec 2015, 11:26 AM
Donator 22

Calliope is good in that it deters blobbing. Anti-blob is good. On the downside it is a unit-deleting tool. If you're a second late retreating, your unit is gone and with it being so quiet it's easy to miss. Attrition of vetted squads is a powerful ability that comes too easily to the Calli.

But the game needs blob counters so it has to stay. Perhaps lower damage? Or wider spread? So it still hurts when it hits a blob but won't auto-wipe a couple of units.

Also, not sure that a unit with high damage + wide AOE + long range + mobility+ tank health + tank armour is a good idea. The argument "but it is expensive" is wrong because if there was a nuclear bomb that cost 600 fuel and 2000 MP that auto-wins the game, it would still spoil balance despite being expensive.

Katyusha, Pwerfer, StukaZF all die in 1 or 2 shots. Soviet howitzers have durability but no mobility. Calli has everything and can't be flanked and killed quickly like other mobile arty. I think all mobile arty should have low health and armour to offset their damage output.

Once again, Take Calliope, We USF will be happy to trade it for the Panzerwerfer.

Tip : A good player will use a Pwerfer and then send him back to base we're he is unrreachable, so your Tank armor and tank health argument is worthless
21 Dec 2015, 12:20 PM

Once again, Take Calliope, We USF will be happy to trade it for the Panzerwerfer.

Tip : A good player will use a Pwerfer and then send him back to base we're he is unrreachable, so your Tank armor and tank health argument is worthless

Meanwhile, poor Katy is barely faster than Ambulance. Anybody know the exact HP of Katy and Pzwerfer and Stuka? If I remember correctly, they're 160, 200 and 400.
21 Dec 2015, 12:22 PM

Meanwhile, poor Katy is barely faster than Ambulance. Anybody know the exact HP of Katy and Pzwerfer and Stuka? If I remember correctly, they're 160, 200 and 400.

katy & pw 160, stuka 320. Calliope 640
21 Dec 2015, 15:50 PM

Relic should not even touch Callopie until Panzerwerfer is toned down.
21 Dec 2015, 15:53 PM

Well in team games u can abuse the decrew pop cap to have more than 5. In that case they are OP.
21 Dec 2015, 21:21 PM

Calliopes are fine? They rekt blob? Good ones.

Calliopes are damn OP.
Why?
Becasue there is no chance to run away. They are deadly especially agasint OST.
Katyusha is perfect arty. It's not pin-point, it's not iWipe machine, it can be dodge etc.
When I hear a sound and insantly click retreat on mortarts/HMGs there is no chance to run away. Wipe.
Even Stuka zu fuss isnt that deadly. With good timing you can run away from katy but not with calliopes.

I made a small test.
How much time there is between sound and the rockets.
PzWefer - 5,46s.
Stuka zu Fuss - 4,78s.
Calliope - 3,87s.
Katyusha - 3,41s.

Katyusha is the fastest but it's also the weakest.
Calliope is almost at the same level but it's way more deadly.

Wonder how much time you need to pack crew weapon and run away? 3,90s till they start running. It's not enough to run before first Katy barrage but you have over 50% to survive. It's also not enough time to run before Calliope but opposite to Katy, Calliope does not leave you chances to survive.

Point is simple. Werfer na Stuka are really deadly, so they leave you a small window of running away without casualities. Katy is not that deadly, so lower times is justify. But calliope if more on pair with werfer than katy.

Funny fact. I wanted to kill it with 2 paks, moved it, saw unsupported Calliope and guess what. It did not run away, just took a hits, used barrage and wipe my paks :brad:

Calliope needs longer time between sound and first rockets + it should die to 3 shots + it should be like old PzWerfer on long distance, and killer, when move close. It would suit its HP + they are devastating agasint vehicles.
21 Dec 2015, 21:46 PM

Permanently Banned
Calliopes are fine? They rekt blob? Good ones.

Calliopes are damn OP.
Why?
Becasue there is no chance to run away. They are deadly especially agasint OST.
Katyusha is perfect arty. It's not pin-point, it's not iWipe machine, it can be dodge etc.
When I hear a sound and insantly click retreat on mortarts/HMGs there is no chance to run away. Wipe.
Even Stuka zu fuss isnt that deadly. With good timing you can run away from katy but not with calliopes.

I made a small test.
PzWefer - 5,46s.
Stuka zu Fuss - 4,78s.
Calliope - 3,87s.
Katyusha - 3,41s.

Wonder how much time you need to pack crew weapon and run away? 3,90s till they start running. It's not enough to run before first Katy barrage but you have over 50% to survive. It's also not enough time to run before Calliope but opposite to Katy, Calliope does not leave you chances to survive.

Point is simple. Werfer na Stuka are really deadly, so they leave you a small window of running away without casualities. Katy is not that deadly, so lower times is justify. But calliope if more on pair with werfer than katy.

Funny fact. I wanted to kill it with 2 paks, moved it, saw unsupported Calliope and guess what. It did not run away, just took a hits, used barrage and wipe my paks :brad:

Calliope needs longer time between sound and first rockets + it should die to 3 shots + it should be like old PzWerfer on long distance, and killer, when move close. It would suit its HP + they are devastating agasint vehicles.

Relic must pay for You or give free docs :snfPeter::snfQuinn::brad:
21 Dec 2015, 21:48 PM

Relic must pay for You or give free docs :snfPeter::snfQuinn::brad:

Why? :D
21 Dec 2015, 21:54 PM

Permanently Banned

Why? :D

Coz some people from this community do more work than developers :clap:!
21 Dec 2015, 23:36 PM

I made a small test.
PzWefer - 5,46s.
Stuka zu Fuss - 4,78s.
Calliope - 3,87s.
Katyusha - 3,41s.

Actually, panzerwerfer sound is based on where rocket is. So if you fire it, you hear it clearly, but not the one who receive the barrage, which is currently dominated by the sound of other gunfire, explosive and background.

By the time it lands, it is too late, you still get a wipe even you retreat your unit.

One more thing is the arc of projectiles. Katyusha and calliope fire on low arc, which can be blocked by building and bushed, or even cover. This is not true for stuka and panzerwerfer, which land nearly on top of unit unless they stand very close to tall building.
22 Dec 2015, 00:24 AM

Ok, 300 MP, 80 fuel?
22 Dec 2015, 00:42 AM

I think the Calliope should get the rocket tubes damaged fairly easily by return fire artillery & require a fix from Engies or R/Es. I'm sure if the rocket tubes got hit by a mortar they wouldn't be that usable.

It would mean that return barrages could actually do something instead of just tickling them before they move & pound you again.
22 Dec 2015, 04:30 AM

Pwerfer must be up close to properly wipe squads. come to close and you are one shot killed by pretty much anything other than small arms fire. Yes you can instantly move it back afterwards but you are still at risk while firing. They enemy can also send in any vehicle and hunt down the Pwerfer and kill it easily.

The Calliopie on the other hand can literally have LOS on the enemy, wipe them, and walk away unscathed. If the enemy try to rush youre calliopee with anything smaller than a p4, you can simply reverse yourself away taking a couple hits and still have plenty of time to have AT guns and infantry come snare the enemy vehicle before your calliopie dies.

You can counter Pwerfer will very cheap light vehicles, you can MAYBE counter calliope with a P4 or higher.
heck you can kill pwerfer with calli but not other way around.

And you say armor is worthless. Perhaps you play to much 4v4 where you can hide behind 3 other allies.
Survivability for all forms of artillery is huge. Especially in 1v1 and 2v2.
22 Dec 2015, 05:42 AM

What, you didn't know Callopie rockets come from Callopian tubes?

LOL Pitchka missles!
22 Dec 2015, 06:07 AM

Pwerfer must be up close to properly wipe squads. come to close and you are one shot killed by pretty much anything other than small arms fire. Yes you can instantly move it back afterwards but you are still at risk while firing. They enemy can also send in any vehicle and hunt down the Pwerfer and kill it easily.

The Calliopie on the other hand can literally have LOS on the enemy, wipe them, and walk away unscathed. If the enemy try to rush youre calliopee with anything smaller than a p4, you can simply reverse yourself away taking a couple hits and still have plenty of time to have AT guns and infantry come snare the enemy vehicle before your calliopie dies.

You can counter Pwerfer will very cheap light vehicles, you can MAYBE counter calliope with a P4 or higher.
heck you can kill pwerfer with calli but not other way around.

And you say armor is worthless. Perhaps you play to much 4v4 where you can hide behind 3 other allies.
Survivability for all forms of artillery is huge. Especially in 1v1 and 2v2.

It still sounds odd to me that the enemy has 140 fuel to bring calliope out when all you have on the field is anything smaller than a p4.
22 Dec 2015, 06:26 AM

It still sounds odd to me that the enemy has 140 fuel to bring calliope out when all you have on the field is anything smaller than a p4.

Its called Ostheer teching vs no teching callins. Do the math

we had at least 1 fuel point the entire match too
22 Dec 2015, 08:38 AM

Its called Ostheer teching vs no teching callins. Do the math

we had at least 1 fuel point the entire match too

It's also called no CP require vs CP require. Do the timing.

If 11CP hit and you have no tank, what did you do?
22 Dec 2015, 09:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2015, 00:24 AMLuGer33

Ok, 300 MP, 80 fuel?
Sure but it dies to 1 shot.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak