Login

russian armor

British Medics buildable in the Forward Observation Post

15 Dec 2015, 22:19 PM

British Medics are currently only buildable with the Vangaurd operations regiment in the glider. The British lack a solid consistent healing ability (IS gets wiped = no healing until rebuilt). If medics were buildable in the forward observation post it would allow a larger variety of build orders that incorporate the observation post in order to get the medics for healing. It would also allow players to upgrade their IS with flares instead of being forced to get healing, opening a lot of new build orders.
15 Dec 2015, 22:34 PM

Once I saw HelpingHans to not lose one single model until 10 min in the game due to healing, green cower and snipers.

Would you rather have healing for free on the battlefield or 3medics in your base ?
15 Dec 2015, 22:41 PM

Why not both?

I don't think it would be massively game breaking, and it would mean you might actually see the british medics. I personally just don't like that they're locked behind a premium commander.
16 Dec 2015, 00:24 AM

Once I saw HelpingHans to not lose one single model until 10 min in the game due to healing, green cower and snipers.

Would you rather have healing for free on the battlefield or 3medics in your base ?

I don't see why you couldn't have both... plus the medics could always heal on the frontlines, not like they are limited to only your base.
16 Dec 2015, 00:47 AM

The British don't really need anymore healing, every Infantry Section can do it and since Artillery is crap, every Infantry Section does. The only reason you won't have healing is if you're doing Engineer Spam, in which case that's a fault of your strategy and you should fix it another way, not ask Relic to fix it for you.
16 Dec 2015, 00:49 AM

Literally every single infantry section can lol..????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Quality of threads has gone down horribly.
16 Dec 2015, 00:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 00:49 AMCafo

Quality of threads has gone down horribly.

They've always been like this, and will always be like this. Just meme and move on man.

BTW 45 munitions for a free healing ability you can hit the second your IS gets back to base after a retreat? Yea, that sucks.
16 Dec 2015, 01:12 AM

Permanently Banned

They've always been like this, and will always be like this. Just meme and move on man.

BTW 45 munitions for a free healing ability you can hit the second your IS gets back to base after a retreat? Yea, that sucks.
Its actually 30. 30 munitions for infinite out of combat mobile healing.
16 Dec 2015, 01:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The British don't really need anymore healing, every Infantry Section can do it and since Artillery is crap, every Infantry Section does.

And if you don't want that much healing, one can easily do the job fine (which you will start the game with), because AoE. UKF Medic upgrade makes Wehrmacht infantry seethe with jealousy.
16 Dec 2015, 01:33 AM
Senior Caster Badge

In my opinion it should just be like 20% faster since it is the only one you have to activate
16 Dec 2015, 01:33 AM

I don't see why there's so much hostility here. It was a perfectly reasonable suggestion. And to deal with the straw man, at no point did anyone say the IS healing was bad.

The only change I'd suggest is that they shouldn't be able to cap points.
16 Dec 2015, 03:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 01:33 AMd0ggY
In my opinion it should just be like 20% faster since it is the only one you have to activate

Ostheer Medical Kit, Sturmpioneer Crates.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2015, 01:33 AMtenid
I don't see why there's so much hostility here. It was a perfectly reasonable suggestion. And to deal with the straw man, at no point did anyone say the IS healing was bad.

I disagree, if your basic infantry has free healing, and you complain you don't have adequate healing, you should be laughed off the forum. It's like suggesting Pioneers need MG 42 because Ostheer doesn't have enough Machine Guns.
16 Dec 2015, 03:20 AM

I disagree, if your basic infantry has free healing, and you complain you don't have adequate healing, you should be laughed off the forum. It's like suggesting Pioneers need MG 42 because Ostheer doesn't have enough Machine Guns.

Not sure why you think that I'm complaining about not having enough healing for the Brits. If you actually read the post you will notice that I am suggesting British medics become build able through the assembly building that the royal engineers can build.

The reason I am suggesting this is not because british healing is inadequate but because it would open up a larger horizon of possibilities as the british. Instead of forcing our IS to get healing so we can heal our armies, we can get medics and upgrade the IS with the flares instead, or you can even still get healing and have 2 healing possibilities. This would also make the assembly building.
16 Dec 2015, 04:25 AM

We need the medics buildable so we can recrew stuff more frequently as them and have a medic army to troll the opponent with

Hands that cure can also kill
16 Dec 2015, 05:23 AM

I think its a perfectly reasonable suggestion myself. Part of the reason the base howitzers get so little use (aside from being generally bad) is that you often need to have IS upgraded with healing instead.

I don't see how having Medics would be OP either, especially if you take away their ability to cap as Tenid suggested. If anything they are a MP sink that adds additional mirco tax.

Besides, how often do you see Medics built or the Forward Assembly for that matter? Any unit that adds tactical depth is good in my book.

So far the only real argument is "they have suitable healing already so why should we add Medics, which by all regards are inferior healing as a second option?". Not like Brits are horribly UP at the moment and could use the help or anything either.
16 Dec 2015, 10:58 AM

Forward Observation post needs a reinforce ability...
17 Dec 2015, 05:20 AM
Senior Caster Badge

they are more of a heal for the field, while you have the posibilities of doing a heal station :< it's not how i meant it. But in almost every case unless you play vanguard it is the only heal you got
17 Dec 2015, 06:22 AM

haha. snap. Neat example.
17 Dec 2015, 11:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 06:22 AMRMMLz

haha. snap. Neat example.

More like a false comparison and yet another straw man that wasn't worth replying to, but whatever.

There does seem to be a bit of confusion in terms here though. Some talking about the forward assembly and some talking about the forward observation post from tactical support. I'd support both personally.
17 Dec 2015, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2015, 11:34 AMtenid

More like a false comparison and yet another straw man that wasn't worth replying to, but whatever.

There does seem to be a bit of confusion in terms here though. Some talking about the forward assembly and some talking about the forward observation post from tactical support. I'd support both personally.

Yeah, I realized that a couple hours after I made the post. It was originally about the Forward assembly post but medics would work well with both imo. I appreciate you understanding what the topic is actually about and not comparing lmgs to medics lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★