33%
36%
1%
4%
0%
Total votes: 159
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
13 Dec 2015, 23:44 PM

Personally I find the PIAT to be slightly underperforming. In my opinion the projectiles travel too slow and the reload speed is a bit too long. I think the damage is fine, but the slow projectile speed makes it really hard to hit anything (and yes, I always use attack ground, but it still ends up missing a lot of the time). I would gladly accept a price increase, say 50 or 60 munitions, in exchange for slightly faster projectiles and reduced reload speed.

So what are your thoughts about the PIAT?
13 Dec 2015, 23:57 PM

I think the PIAT should have good accuracy / low scatter, but no ability to track.
14 Dec 2015, 00:11 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think the PIAT should have good accuracy / low scatter, but no ability to track.

But I'm pretty sure accuracy is what causes projectiles to track?
14 Dec 2015, 00:16 AM

I think it's more of a british problem than a PIAT problem.

The PIAT's inaccuracy would be fine if they have something to hold down the flank in the early-mid game (a decent AEC).

The PIAT is very cost effective at dealing with heavy tank without being overpowered. I would rather not see the PIAT's uniqueness being taken away.

However, the PIAT's current uniqueness does mean the british need a decent tank hunter in the early game. I am pretty sure the intent is for the british to buy either the Bofor or the AEC to protect against flanking armor before the british can get their own tank up.
14 Dec 2015, 00:17 AM

I don't feel that it needs a direct buff at all. They are cheap and can be powerful when they hit. It's the fact that the British lack a proper snare that needs to get looked at. Mines only go so far.
14 Dec 2015, 00:24 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Somebody used my poll style, noice.

The PIAT isn't bad, it's just in a weird place. It's pretty effective against slow and heavy tanks but that is the last thing brits need help with with all their big AT power. They need to shift it over into a more light AT role that helps against lights vehicles, which they really struggle against from small squad sizes and no snare.

They should increase the accuracy and projectile speed so it can actually hit light vehicles, which shouldn't impact their usefulness against heavies because they already hit them anyways. Maybe increase the price to 60, it would obviously be better than the bazooka at that point.
14 Dec 2015, 00:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 00:11 AMVuther
But I'm pretty sure accuracy is what causes projectiles to track?

For some projectiles, not all. Panzerschrecks track, Mortars don't track, StuG's track, Brummbars don't track, etc.
14 Dec 2015, 00:28 AM
Developer Relic Badge

As to whether a weapon can track or not. Some high-angle or those used by things like M8 Scotts can be made to track, but it can be weird as those projectiles will go in a straight line like a standard direct fire weapon if they do roll a hit.

I think the other things of the Brits need to be fixed such as the overpriced MP gobbling AEC to help counter light armour.
14 Dec 2015, 00:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hm, all right, thanks boys.
14 Dec 2015, 00:30 AM

I agree that the PIAT shouldn't be able to track, it's part of what makes it feel unique.
14 Dec 2015, 00:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2015, 00:24 AMTobis
Somebody used my poll style, nice.

Definitely got inspired by your Ostwind thread (read: copy-pasted), the layout of your poll was both simple and effective :)
14 Dec 2015, 00:46 AM

Try to use it with attack ground and you will be stunned how useful the PIATs are. They are cheap and you can easily equip 3 sappers with it. They destroy OKW buildings with about 3 well aimed volleys, can be shot over/through obstacles ,have a massive range (somwewhere around 40 I think)and do deflection damage.

Trick is to spam them.
14 Dec 2015, 01:09 AM

Permanently Banned
If it were to be buffed, I dont think its should have 45 range.
14 Dec 2015, 01:10 AM

It would be ok if Brits had a snare they could use to make up for lack of tracking to use in combination with PIAT otherwise it needs some kind of buff or change to make it better vs faster vehicles
14 Dec 2015, 01:14 AM

Try to use it with attack ground and you will be stunned how useful the PIATs are. They are cheap and you can easily equip 3 sappers with it. They destroy OKW buildings with about 3 well aimed volleys, can be shot over/through obstacles ,have a massive range (somwewhere around 40 I think)and do deflection damage.

Trick is to spam them.

This guy gets it.

I wouldn't mind a slight buff to rate of fire, but definitely don't give them good tracking or any simplified bullshit like that.
14 Dec 2015, 01:20 AM

Its a great and cheap weapon to give AT support on tank battles, however, i have to say that it completly fails when it has to fight lone tanks on movement. IMO its a good weapon to zone tanks, but not adecuated for "tank-hunting" by itself. Dont feel like any buff of nerf is needed, its just that you cant expect it to work like a bazooka.
14 Dec 2015, 01:21 AM
Senior Caster Badge

It would be ok if Brits had a snare they could use to make up for lack of tracking to use in combination with PIAT otherwise it needs some kind of buff or change to make it better vs faster vehicles
that would mean piats would rape any tank hard , the damage output they make on tanks is very good
14 Dec 2015, 02:11 AM

The PIAT is the best infantry AT weapon for dealing with heavy tanks. 210 manpower and 80 munitions gives you a squad that can do a guaranteed 160 damage (as much as most tank shells) to any vehicle you can hit every 4.5 seconds and repair your tanks. Making it capable of hitting moving targets would make it rather over-powered.
14 Dec 2015, 02:27 AM
Donator 33

I think if you drive right up to a PIAT squad the near accuracy should track. Currently circle strafe and you've got PIATs defeated.
14 Dec 2015, 04:12 AM
Donator 11

Just increase projectile speed and its fine
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment