Login

russian armor

Miragefla's December Balance Mod Additions

PAGES (15)down
23 Apr 2016, 05:19 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jesus christ i see more axis infantry nerfs and most of the allied iny is left untouched rest seems fine except few..
edit : lol more obers nerf gg miragefla likethye were not already that shitty u removed their fire on move and now nerf veterancy even more....why does okw pay so much fuel for their tanks anyways...???

Obersoldaten's only possible issue aside from maybe a tad too pricey MG34 is the time they arrive to get veterancy. Their killing power is still very high at veterancy 2 and they are still some of the more durable infantry per model. They still have a sort of passive suppression, just not always on which is way too powerful and still fire their LMG on the move.

They shouldn't be tanking bullet rounds anyway. They should, regardless be screened by Volks or PF or any other cheaper infantry.

Furthermore, their reinforce times and build times are lower along with a cheaper bundle grenade.
23 Apr 2016, 05:30 AM

Obersoldaten's only possible issue aside from maybe a tad too pricey MG34 is the time they arrive to get veterancy. Their killing power is still very high at veterancy 2 and they are still some of the more durable infantry per model. They still have a sort of passive suppression, just not always on which is way too powerful and still fire their LMG on the move.

They shouldn't be tanking bullet rounds anyway. They should, regardless be screened by Volks or PF or any other cheaper infantry.

Furthermore, their reinforce times and build times are lower along with a cheaper bundle grenade.

you are patch notes say they cant fire on move also one question is lmg dmg 8 0r 6 becasue in game right now it is 6 ..?? if it is 8 then i can agree...but let me tel you something miragefla obers arrive mid to late game the only purpose you get the mis to get rid of infantry power the allied faction have now u said they have are more durable per model but what is use that of...??? the real cost is popcap which they cost 10 popcap..and they are 4 model units so inherently less surviable and on top of u say that they deal good dmg and can tank lost of bullet have u played agsint vet 3 bar rifles and vet 3 bren tommies...??/ they easily kill obers based on per popcap and are much more efficient they are countless tournamnet replays where they suck and in ur mod they only get nerf(if they dmg is till 6) and i see no nerf to allied infantry..and in the offical game allied infy clearly overpwoers axis infy and in ur mod i see only axis nerf except few cases ..kind of shows ur bias tbh
23 Apr 2016, 08:39 AM

The Penal changes are problematic in my opinion because Pennal are very good at all ranges.

That make relative position very difficult for enemy units and even more difficult after they get ourah...

more here:
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/241318/soviet-april-27th-mode-penal-battalion#latest

..kind of shows ur bias tbh

Even if he is and I don't think so (see buffs to units like the 222) he has every right to be. He is a modder not a developer. In the end of they try the mode and make suggestion that will improve it.
23 Apr 2016, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 08:39 AMVipper
The Penal changes are problematic in my opinion because Pennal are very good at all ranges.

That make relative position very difficult for enemy units and even more difficult after they get ourah...

more here:
https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/241318/soviet-april-27th-mode-penal-battalion#latest

Even if he is and I don't think so (see buffs to units like the 222) he has every right to be. He is a modder not a developer. In the end of they try the mode and make suggestion that will improve it.

maybe he is not but he kinda misjudgin the tank and infy balance atm...but rocket arty support weapons ,arty changes and light vehicles and other changes seem on point except few like mine changes,force reload etc.
23 Apr 2016, 10:34 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Hello, it's been a good revolution to coh2
I have some doubts & suggestions:

1.Mortar WER/USF
It is very difficult to fight against mortar recharge 4seconds, if you have garrisoned troops or vickers with slow set up. Was reduced to fight against six entities SOV, but it punishes the other factions or strategies for player.

grw34_81mm_mortar_mp (auto-fire)........4 sc
m2_60mm_mortar_mp (auto-fire)...........4,5/3,6 sc

Brits 1mortar....................6 sc
Sov82...........................7,5 sc
Sov120.........................8,9 sc
With the new US entry you think any changes necessary?

2.Counter Barrage WER free. No cooldown.
Mortar41/HTmortar/LeFH18
Recently there have been changes in the mod preview, you think that some change is needed?

3a.Officer Arty WER. Coordinate Barrage 80MU
In the mod preview british Counter Barrage costs 60mu
I think it should cost 60 (In your mod is 70)

3b.Officer Arty WER. Arty Smoke barrage 30MU
USF cost 50MU smoke (commander Pershing)
I think it should cost 50MU

4.Radio Silence 25MU and 60seconds active.

Too cheap

5.Squads can throw three grenades but you can not

-Obers can throw three grenades at the same time if you want.
In vet1 have smoke-nade, Infiltration Tactics, and his own grenade
-Model stun24 WER can throw two grenades at the same time
-Infiltration Tactics OKW can throw two grenades at the same time

On side allies such Tommies have blocked the gammon when they launch Mills-nade.

6.StromTroops.They can upgrade two weapons (I think this is solved in your mod)

You can upgrade Panzershrecks or Smg and then G43

6a.Perhaps this if you have more time
While USF officers are in production for the first time, they don't show up in the top right of the screen as this is technically only a tier upgrade with a free unit.
Suggestions: Add tier/battle phase upgrade progress to top-right corner of the screen.

7b.Perhaps this if you have more time
Everything is invented, but for lack of time relic has not implemented in all abilities.
This could you implement it in your mod, it would be a distinctive when the mod is used :clap:.

Use this cooldown rather ugly yellow

24 Apr 2016, 00:09 AM
Developer Relic Badge

@capiqua

1. The Ostheer mortar is not an issue imhho. Furthermore, are you remembering to add wind-down/ wind-up? It's also Ostheer's only non-doc indirect fire until Ostheer reaches T4.

2. No need. Counter-barrage for the Ostheer indirect fire is really only effective for the lefh against stationary targets. Furthermore you need veterancy one and to buy the unit unlike the current Brit howitzers which are being changed.

3. I could, but that would be later. I don't want it to be spammed as it bypasses the normal barrages of most indirect-fire so you can do a double Panzerwerfer/LeFH barrage.

3b. No need to nerf the artillery officer since he needs to be moved to the front to drop his smoke barrage unlike the USF which just requires LOS. He's already a underused unit and all his abilities require munitions to use while only having mediocre firepower.

4. Not sure as I almost never noticed this ability.

5.Not sure if it's that much of an issue due to how many munitions it would be. Could maybe look into it.

6. Will look at dual weapons - I think you can't do that in the mod- though I'm not sure if it's really an issue.

7. I don't really mind. Also the radio silence on the active highlight.

24 Apr 2016, 08:02 AM

SU-85

Changed the SU-85 to match the improvement of other tank destroyer since WFA release. ...

-Accuracy from 0.05/0.0375/0.25 to 0.055/0.045/0.04

Turning Su-85 to a counter of heavy tank should take into account the size of heavy tanks. Since most of them have a size of 25 or more 0.04 far accuracy guarantees hit 100%....the accuracy buff is simply way too much...Probably is not needed at all or should be a small one...
24 Apr 2016, 08:10 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2016, 08:02 AMVipper
SU-85

Changed the SU-85 to match the improvement of other tank destroyer since WFA release. ...

-Accuracy from 0.05/0.0375/0.25 to 0.055/0.045/0.04

Turning Su-85 to a counter of heavy tank should take into account the size of heavy tanks. Since most of them have a size of 25 or more 0.04 far accuracy guarantees hit 100%....the accuracy buff is simply way too much...Probably is not needed at all or should be a small one...

You do know StuGs, Jacksons, SU-76, Jagdpanzers, Panthers, most ATGs, and other dedicated AT units are similar in terms of accuracy that are near 0.06/0.05/0.04. Remember the SU-85 lost its ROF boost at vet 2 and takes longer to fire stock. Why should it be so different? Its only advantage at that point would be penetration which would be very prone to RNG if it only had average accuracy and self-spotting.

Furthermore, if the SU-85 even rotates it still takes that large 50% accuracy penalty.
24 Apr 2016, 08:13 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

This is very common: KT and Sturmtiger together. I think the heavy tanks abandon option should be removed
24 Apr 2016, 08:28 AM

You do know StuGs, Jacksons, SU-76, Jagdpanzers, Panthers, most ATGs, and other dedicated AT units are similar in terms of accuracy that are near 0.06/0.05/0.04. Remember the SU-85 lost its ROF boost at vet 2 and takes longer to fire stock. Why should it be so different? Its only advantage at that point would be penetration which would be very prone to RNG if it only had average accuracy and self-spotting.

Furthermore, if the SU-85 even rotates it still takes that large 50% accuracy penalty.

Axis tanks are generally bigger size, and SU-85 has more range a simply accuracy comparison is misleading...

Stug and Panther has a range of 50, so at range the same ranges su-85 accuracy difference is less, JP does not have that high penetration and is counter to medium tanks plus it is more expensive. Jackons has to be on the move and can not spot for itself.

A combination of 100% hit chance at range 60, with a very high penetration rate and the ability to spot for it self would and a cheap price will simply completely shut down axis heavy tanks...
24 Apr 2016, 11:31 AM

Other Things to Deal with

-Infantry Section Drop-Rate at Veterancy 3.

I posted a fairly easy-to-implement solution to this issue (with modding steps) here, if it helps. :)
24 Apr 2016, 14:07 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Tested the mod, the mobile assault flamer throwers for Brit sappers doesn't work.
24 Apr 2016, 14:07 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Double post, sorry.
24 Apr 2016, 15:32 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Tested the mod, the mobile assault flamer throwers for Brit sappers doesn't work.

Will correct laer today when I get back to my main computer. Must of slipped through when the commander was added and I failed to add the flamethrower upgrade to my duplicate of the sapper squad as it did not auto-update with the mod editor patches, as to be expected.
25 Apr 2016, 06:37 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Anvil is unattractive compared with Hammer. A quick and effective comet tank with war speed, gammon, etc.

I suggest:
-Remove or reduce slow speed of heavy RoyalEng in combat (they can not dodge grenades/arty and eat them very easily)
-Perhaps separate update to heavyRE (already paid for 200 and 50) and make a separate upgrade vickersLMG (70MU)
-Churchill Inf is a slow and poor vehicle. In 3v3/4v4 it has nothing to do compared to their counterparts. It has a price of a panther.

Churchill in price and stats currely not worth, but doublechurchill would perhaps add more attractive (with a discount is available at MP as doubleT34/85).
Keep the construction of 1 churchil and add double churchil.
490MP 170FU 18pop 1churchill
900MP 340FU 36pop 2churchill

Are some very specific things, which would give better appeal to choose Anvil.

edit: add Repair gliders brit.
25 Apr 2016, 19:29 PM

Permanently Banned
Can you increase the penetration for either the jackson or M5 AT? That buff for the M5 makes it better against medium, which is already decent in its current form.

USF is struggling against heavies.
26 Apr 2016, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2016, 06:37 AMcapiqua
Anvil is unattractive compared with Hammer. A quick and effective comet tank with war speed, gammon, etc.

Anvil Artillery is actually worth it now (airburst shells now deal decent damage vs Infantry, and have big enough AoE to blind tanks). Very situational, but it's worth the 45 munitions now. Miragefla also included the following fixes to artillery:
- Longer flare range (included in the balance mod)
- better AoE profile for the 25 pounder (not included in the balance mod)

Miragefla also fixed a bug involving Advanced Warning (the thing that gives you vision over Strategic points). Currently that Anvil feature doesn't work at all. I hope it (along with the 9000+ other Miragefla fixes) makes it to the live version sometime soon.

I suggest:
-Remove or reduce slow speed of heavy RoyalEng in combat (they can not dodge grenades/arty and eat them very easily)
-Perhaps separate update to heavyRE (already paid for 200 and 50) and make a separate upgrade vickersLMG (70MU)

Heavy Sappers are in a very weird spot (not necessarily bad) right now, but you shouldn't underestimate them. Their upgrade also gives them 2 armour (which works like -50% received accuracy).

Heavy Sappers are godly at repairing, planting mines (2 second planting time anyone?) and building emplacements (10 seconds Bofors).

I wouldn't mind if they lost the speed penalty, but their combat capabilities (especially the armour bonus) should also be toned down, otherwise they will roflstomp everything. This is because:

In theory:
- 1 Vet3 Heavy Sapper in a Trench upgraded with X LMGs (X = 1, 2 or 3) can beat X Vet3 LMG Grenadiers in Yellow Cover. I.e., 1 Vet3 Heavy Sapper with 3 LMGs can beat 3 Vet3 LMG Grenadiers (barely)
- The best part is that the fight drags out for long enough for you to dispatch reinforcements, if needed, while 1 squad of yours ties up half the army of the enemy.
- That is, provided you can dodge their grenades (that's why you need the trench (and not green cover), so that you can hop in and out)

You can see that:
- If Heavy Sappers didn't have any speed penalty, they would roflstomp anything. In fact, you wouldn't even have to upgrade them with further LMGs, as no speed penalty = you can run at Sten range and do the job.

In practice:
- WITHOUT upgrades, they only have one weapon they can use. That's maybe situationally useful as holdout infantry (won't win, but takes time to die & can safely retreat).
- WITH weapon upgrades, you won't be able to use them offensively for anything (they will be expensive arty fodder)
- Thus, you end up using them for their utility.
- However, their running speed also interferes with their utility (e.g., you can't really use them to detect mines).

(btw, there is also a bug that, when they reach Vet3, you can't upgrade Sappers with both Minesweeper and Heavy Engineer upgrade. The upgrades only become mutually exclusive at that Vet level. No idea why!)

-Churchill Inf is a slow and poor vehicle. In 3v3/4v4 it has nothing to do compared to their counterparts. It has a price of a panther.

Churchill in price and stats currely not worth, but doublechurchill would perhaps add more attractive (with a discount is available at MP as doubleT34/85).
Keep the construction of 1 churchil and add double churchil.
490MP 170FU 18pop 1churchill
900MP 340FU 36pop 2churchill

Are some very specific things, which would give better appeal to choose Anvil.

If I had to put my finger on something that's wrong with the Churchill, it's the following two things:
1. It doesn't offer enough utility to the infantry (that it is supposed to support). Cromwell and Comet have smoke shells. However, giving low-cooldown smoke shells on the Churchill is going to make it a NIGHTMARE to take it down (bad idea!).

2. It gives off too much veterancy to enemy tank destroyers/schreck blobs. Its cannon is, at best, mediocre. Thus, you will never be able to chase the enemy down and make up for the veterancy you fed to them.

However, at the very least, the reduced MP cost (Miragefla's mod) will allow you to field something else that can deliver the blows.

edit: add Repair gliders brit.

Given the changes in the mod, I don't think it might be necessary anymore.

(Vanilla) Commando Glider has been buffed two-fold:
1. It's cheaper (450-ish MP now?)
2. It allows you to produce commandos for 350MP a-pop

I'd say that if there is an issue, that's with the Vanguard glider:
- You can only have one of them at a time
- If that glider didn't make it down intact, you can't call another one
- If you lose your officer and the glider is intact, you can't call another officer

Any of the solutions here would work:
- Give the Vanguard glider a self-destruct ability
- Allow the Vanguard glider to train an officer for X (> 350 MP) cost
- Make the Vanguard glider work regardless of how damaged it is
- Self-destruct the Vanguard glider if it no longer functions (after you spawn the officer).

26 Apr 2016, 20:57 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Landing

In early-mid game, there are many obstacles (trees, fences, bags, etc). Few spaces for a decent landing. Whereupon it is very dependent on maps, therefore you haven't other option to landing on roads (losing speed on vehi/tanks) or very small spaces. This is complicated in 4v4 maps where there is little place, and if there are 4 gliders (it is very difficult to pass) easy to collide among themselves.
If you not played that map, the glider will have so much damage that it will be a useless piece, which is not allowed to build troops. And is boring that always landings on the same sectors map.

In late-superlate game is a minor the problem worse, because there are hardly any objects on the map.

By the mere fact of landing the glide is detectable on the minimap with a white border. It is easily reachable for a possible repeated skirmishes of arty, rockets, tanks, etc. It could be solve with repair.

Actually is a boring strategy the vast majority of the time, the opponent go will attack the glider, imho I think it is necessary that the Logistics Glider can be repair by RE. The strategy is that an engineer can go to repair.

edit: this is an impact on maps 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4
27 Apr 2016, 15:22 PM

Permanently Banned
My comrade find a bug with soviet sherman, thay cost over 500 mp and 200 fuel only with t3, you can not call tham without t3. And Assault Guards have 2 ppsh adn 4 svt.
28 Apr 2016, 03:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

My comrade find a bug with soviet sherman, thay cost over 500 mp and 200 fuel only with t3, you can not call tham without t3. And Assault Guards have 2 ppsh adn 4 svt.

If it's just the cost of the M4C Shermans, then it's supposed to be like that. Miragelfa increased the cost of call-ins if you don't tech. While I think 50% is over the top (25% would already be a huge penalty), it's not a bug. Unless you can't call it in at all without T4.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS