Should we add AT snares to Nade tech for brits
Option Distribution Votes
53%
47%
Total votes: 36
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
3 Dec 2015, 21:41 PM
Donator 11

Between the piss poor Piat vs light vehicle play or being shoehorned into AEC, why not give them snares?

Add it to the already existing Nade tech option for brits and possibly adjust price of tech
3 Dec 2015, 21:48 PM

Yes we should, come on please, don't let Axis drive through your ranks without any snare risk
3 Dec 2015, 22:21 PM

How to counter any tank:

1. Snare it.
2. Piat blob it to death, thx to 80 deflection damage.

Therefore no thank you. You have a snare on the sniper, it only requires vet 1. Brits were managing without snares up to this point, I don't see a reason why they should get it.

I think one of the reasons the 6 Pounder has it's 50 % better accuracy against vehicle is because they have no classical snare.
4 Dec 2015, 00:49 AM

How to counter any tank:

1. Snare it.

Therefore no thank you. You have a snare on the sniper, it only requires vet 1. Brits were managing without snares up to this point, I don't see a reason why they should get it.

I think one of the reasons the 6 Pounder has it's 50 % better accuracy against vehicle is because they have no classical snare.

while I agree with the sentiment, that british anti-tank capability was designed with the lack of an at snare on tommies, the recent nerf to the at sniper and the 6 pounder is a massive nerf to the brits.

I would prefer the tommies be kept without a snare, but they are going to need a massive buff in other areas. The AEC is going to need a massive buff for one.
4 Dec 2015, 00:54 AM

Its probably better just to make the sniper's Precision shot or whatever its called remain as the snare, just keep it as a vet0 ability. Removing the passive engine damage from his normal snipes was probably enough.
4 Dec 2015, 00:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the UKF sniper "snare" only crits engine on light vehicles ?
4 Dec 2015, 00:55 AM

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the UKF sniper "snare" only crits engine on light vehicles ?
Yes, tanks get only shortly stunned.
4 Dec 2015, 01:03 AM

Yes, tanks get only shortly stunned.

casemate armor (stug,jpz4, etc) get short stun.

turreted tank (pz4, panther, etc) get turret lock, but the gun can still technically fire and the tank can still move with no problem.

The instant engine crit against light vehicle was a bit much, but the effect on other unit was annoying at best. A better nerf would have been to limit the light vehicle engine critical to target with only 50% hp left, similar to how the other snare operate.
4 Dec 2015, 01:03 AM

Perhaps a buff then to make it more reliable?
4 Dec 2015, 01:05 AM

Perhaps a buff then to make it more reliable?

then you would have people complaining about vet 1 sniper destroying engines on stuff like tigers.

Stuff like turret lock was perfectly fine on a vet 0 ability. the light vehicle snare was really the only odd one out.
4 Dec 2015, 01:47 AM

first: imagine a gren squad that can not only faust you, but also could potentially have double schrecks equipped. not imagine the combination of faust and double schreck being cheaper than the schreck upgrade on pgrens alone.

if you think thats OP, then vote NO on this thread, because that basically is what you would be giving brits, despite their super strong late game.

also, @Firesparks, the "nerf" to the 6pdr was not a direct nerf to the 6pdr (its stats remained untouched), it was more a nerf to the amount of fieldable units of the brits. the 6pdr still performs EXACTLY the same way it did before, the MP cost increase only delayed the appearance of the 6pdr (and all subsequent units) by roughly 10-15 seconds. and if you think 10-15 seconds is a big deal, pls test the earliest possible times for both cromwell and (ost) p4 in a custom game and try to justify that.
4 Dec 2015, 02:16 AM

then you would have people complaining about vet 1 sniper destroying engines on stuff like tigers.

Stuff like turret lock was perfectly fine on a vet 0 ability. the light vehicle snare was really the only odd one out.

True. I'm just not a fan of putting the snare on the IS or Engies because of its strong synergy with double Piats, but the Brits definitely need a reliable snare somewhere.
4 Dec 2015, 02:31 AM

By the time a tiger comes out your sniper is already vet 1. Literally nothing has changed except for the fact that light vehicles are not instantly snared by the sniper they try to counter
4 Dec 2015, 02:56 AM

Add the AT Snare to the Artillery Flare upgrade, so people will actually be incentivized to buy that instead of using only medkits. It would also leave some units vulnerable, rather than making every Infantry Section something to avoid.
4 Dec 2015, 04:37 AM

Snare light vehicles and use double piat one shot it? Not to mention the sniper still has the snare on its vet ability.

No.
4 Dec 2015, 04:40 AM

Add the AT Snare to the Artillery Flare upgrade, so people will actually be incentivized to buy that instead of using only medkits. It would also leave some units vulnerable, rather than making every Infantry Section something to avoid.

It's not well known the artillery flare provides 10 more sight to the IS. Means the IS can see even further than sniper which has 45 sight range.
4 Dec 2015, 05:29 AM

How to counter any tank:

1. Snare it.

god forbid a tank that has been driven next to an anti-tank blob be killed
4 Dec 2015, 05:42 AM

PLANT MINES.

Seriously, just plant mines. The brit mine (non doctrine mind you) usually inflicts DESTROYED engine on most axis tanks. Only other mine that does this as consistently is the riegel. And the only thing that changed with the 6 pdr was its price, which it probably needed anyways seeing how it performed way better than the price suggested. There was no nerf.
4 Dec 2015, 05:43 AM

I don't think they really need it, although I always thought the sniper change was dumb cause this is the role it filled.

If you reaaaally want an AT snare, get some tankhunter tommies.

4 Dec 2015, 05:55 AM

Remove sniper snare and give snare as a vet 1 ability to tommies?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★