Login

russian armor

Balance Preview Patchnotes

PAGES (58)down
29 Nov 2015, 10:46 AM

Relic, can we finally split machine gun and main gun when vehicle priority is ON? I hate to see how my Panther's ot Stug's upgraded machine gun is not shooting infantry because main gun is on vehicle priority.
29 Nov 2015, 11:27 AM
Donator 33

Relic, can we finally split machine gun and main gun when vehicle priority is ON? I hate to see how my Panther's ot Stug's upgraded machine gun is not shooting infantry because main gun is on vehicle priority.

I'm pretty sure pintle-mounted MGs are firing even when "prioritize vehicles" is activated. Only coaxial MGs don't fire.
29 Nov 2015, 11:35 AM

I'm pretty sure pintle-mounted MGs are firing even when "prioritize vehicles" is activated. Only coaxial MGs don't fire.

Only Panther (OKW and OST) and KT are shooting with their MGs when priority is ON.

Pz 4, Stug and Tiger are not shooting.
29 Nov 2015, 11:52 AM
Donator 33

Only Panther (OKW and OST) and KT are shooting with their MGs when priority is ON.

Pz 4, Stug and Tiger are not shooting.

Just tested it with cheatcommands: Seems like pintle-mounted MGs only shoot when "prioritize vehicles" has been activated BEFORE the MG as been upgraded. If you upgrade the MG and then activate priority pintle-mounted MGs won't shoot.

That applies to all tanks.
29 Nov 2015, 12:01 PM

Just tested it with cheatcommands: Seems like pintle-mounted MGs only shoot when "prioritize vehicles" has been activated BEFORE the MG as been upgraded. If you upgrade the MG and then activate priority pintle-mounted MGs won't shoot.

That applies to all tanks.

Correct, I just checked it myself and figured out same thing.
29 Nov 2015, 12:33 PM

If you manage to keep infantry alive to vet 4/5, you deserve to be rewarded.
29 Nov 2015, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 12:33 PMF1sh

And you are.

You'll have 25% stronger vet in comparison for normal vet3 squads.
29 Nov 2015, 12:58 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 12:33 PMF1sh

Its not too hard to get vet 4 or 5 on a squad with a schreck..
29 Nov 2015, 13:16 PM

I don´t like how the factions get more and more similar. It´s starting to become mirrored. This eventually makes it more balanced, yet also more boring. The factions lose their character.

OKW was designed about fewer yet better vetted vehicles. The resource penalty balanced it (the units and bad vet5 made them weak last patch). Now OKW is going to pump vehicles out like the other factions. Vet5 is offering some pseudo bonuses. Why make it 5 stars at all if they don´t offer you that much more? The strange thing is that people complained about how weak vet5 is on some units and the (imo lazy) solution is to get almost rid of it and make OKW get resources like the other factions?

Fuel and ammo conversion is gone. That also means less unique strategic decisions for OKW.

Moving vehicles into later tech buildings makes it too similar to other factions too. The tech system is still different but too similar for my taste. A Jagdpanzer IV early didn´t break the game.

Also unique abilities like the Wehr Elite troops disappear. This was also a unique strategic decision. You could make a vet3 infantry start. Now that tactic is also gone.

Kind of disappointed by all this. I´m not complaining that OKW is going to be weak. I´m complaining that OKW is going to be strong but boring.

Last but not least OKW with the resource penalty and vet5 units gave the cool authentic late war flavor to the German faction. You are short on supply, have Volksgrenadiers that are rather weak bolstering your troops, yet you also have experienced veterans. Now you have just another faction.
29 Nov 2015, 13:28 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 13:16 PMButcher

Also unique abilities like the Wehr Elite troops disappear. This was also a unique strategic decision. You could make a vet3 infantry start. Now that tactic is also gone.

Yeah, such a shame... :lolol:
29 Nov 2015, 13:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 13:28 PMStafkeh

Yeah, such a shame... :lolol:
Delaying your Pak40 by 25 fuel. As I said: It´s going to be more balanced but also boring. Less valid play-styles.
30 Nov 2015, 00:43 AM

I dont like the fact that when Riflemen retreat while using or after using fired up they still suffer from the exhaustion penalty
30 Nov 2015, 03:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2015, 13:16 PMButcher
I don´t like how the factions get more and more similar. It´s starting to become mirrored. This eventually makes it more balanced, yet also more boring. The factions lose their character.

OKW was designed about fewer yet better vetted vehicles. The resource penalty balanced it (the units and bad vet5 made them weak last patch). Now OKW is going to pump vehicles out like the other factions. Vet5 is offering some pseudo bonuses. Why make it 5 stars at all if they don´t offer you that much more? The strange thing is that people complained about how weak vet5 is on some units and the (imo lazy) solution is to get almost rid of it and make OKW get resources like the other factions?

Fuel and ammo conversion is gone. That also means less unique strategic decisions for OKW.

Moving vehicles into later tech buildings makes it too similar to other factions too. The tech system is still different but too similar for my taste. A Jagdpanzer IV early didn´t break the game.

Kind of disappointed by all this. I´m not complaining that OKW is going to be weak. I´m complaining that OKW is going to be strong but boring.

Last but not least OKW with the resource penalty and vet5 units gave the cool authentic late war flavor to the German faction. You are short on supply, have Volksgrenadiers that are rather weak bolstering your troops, yet you also have experienced veterans. Now you have just another faction.

OKW was boring before...
Build Shrek blobs until Panther or JP4 and P4... if they die you lose, if not you win.
With the rework OKW now has a reason to go Mech before Healing. Shrek blobs are still there and need to be addressed.

People were/are complaining about how hard it was to even get to Vet 3 on anything(except Volks) let alone Vet 4-5, for a faction whose strength was supposed to be Vet 5, you rarely ever saw it ever.

The Ostheer has the most or second most commanders after/before the Soviets. Removing one hard to balance ability in one commander isn't going to ruin the faction (besides all you do is delay Pak 40 some, you still build almost EXACTLY the same units).

Late War OKW was ridiculous to balance and went from OP to UP to relying on a crutch ninja buffed unit(Leig spam) to being UP again. The flavor of building truck bases in the field, having Vet 5, and having better armor units than early war Ostheer is still there.

30 Nov 2015, 04:07 AM

OKW was boring before...
Build Shrek blobs until Panther or JP4 and P4... if they die you lose, if not you win.
With the rework OKW now has a reason to go Mech before Healing. Shrek blobs are still there and need to be addressed.

People were/are complaining about how hard it was to even get to Vet 3 on anything(except Volks) let alone Vet 4-5, for a faction whose strength was supposed to be Vet 5, you rarely ever saw it ever.

The Ostheer has the most or second most commanders after/before the Soviets. Removing one hard to balance ability in one commander isn't going to ruin the faction (besides all you do is delay Pak 40 some, you still build almost EXACTLY the same units).

Late War OKW was ridiculous to balance and went from OP to UP to relying on a crutch ninja buffed unit(Leig spam) to being UP again. The flavor of building truck bases in the field, having Vet 5, and having better armor units than early war Ostheer is still there.

OKW was fun before Leig got suppression and UKF release.

before i always get Mech first then follow by a walking stuka, because mines and pack and shreck can keep ally early armor off, then flak for Tanks, but Leig and Pack Howie buff force me to get med when against USF because I will get Pack Howie bombardment to death before my walking stuka out, so i have to use Leig to counter USF pack howie. then UKF release, I have to get JP4 ASAP to counter the Centaur because no infantry or AT gun can stand up against it.

in the preview patch I felt OKW is little UP when against any form of blobs, right now I see no reason go for battlegroup HQ except for healing, ISG didn't get its auto turning back which is kind hassle to use as mortar, Flak HT is completely useless against any infantry group that is more than 2 sqs. and with recent Luch nerf, Luch can't win the fight against T70 now. T70 kills infantry more effective than Luch and even have better AT than Luch. before is macro fight between Luch and T70, how is Luch need run away from T70. but if i don't go Luch i don't have any good AI unit to fight blobs
30 Nov 2015, 05:41 AM

yay,so is is still op on vet 3 and with bren in cover they anhiliate everything
30 Nov 2015, 05:59 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Wow...there's almost 1100 posts on this. Damn.
Anyway, these changes are all bringing coh2 in a balanced direction. Relic is willing to change/sacrifice initial faction ideas for balance which, for gameplay, is a good thing. This is an opinion and yours may differ.

Anyway, for the people above arguing about vet 5 OKW being bad because it takes so long to get or whatever. F1sh, for example, makes the argument that keeping vet units alive to vet 4-5 should give you bonuses. Sure. But when you look at it from the perspective of, say, a USF player whose rifles are stuck at vet 3.

I've had games where, at most, only 1 infantry squad is wiped the whole game from each side until the late game. Both players had equal unit survivability, but late game I get boned because my OKW opponent has extra bonuses for his soldiers while I do not. It is, frankly, stupid, for one player to be rewarded more than the other in this manner.
30 Nov 2015, 08:21 AM

Balance is everything in a game designed to go for E-sport. If it costs the (questionable) flavour of having less ressources for a faction, so be it.
Remember DOW2? Everything was there for the game to be a N°1. But there was a SUPREME unbalance that crippled it in the end. Dont let Coh2 end like this.

Koz.
30 Nov 2015, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 08:21 AMKozokus
Balance is everything in a game designed to go for E-sport. If it costs the (questionable) flavour of having less ressources for a faction, so be it.
Remember DOW2? Everything was there for the game to be a N°1. But there was a SUPREME unbalance that crippled it in the end. Dont let Coh2 end like this.

Koz.

Well, in DoW2 if you got your strats vs SM alone to perfect execution, then that alone assured 80% W/L ratio :sibHyena:

DoW2 while always suffering from balance issues was also one of the most visualy pleasing games to play, its fun factor was immense, game was playable enough to be competitive for the community and after official patches stopped coming out, community itself took it to the next level with elite mod changes.

Also, while there were imbalances(eldar vs terminators being most obvious one), they weren't as severe in general as you make them seem.

CoH2 however won't be able to go same way as DoW2 and balance should be main focus, its when the factions will start losing identity the problem will arise. OKW is tricky, because its identity was concept completely opposed to balance, we can't have OKW identity of elite troops and resource starvation and expect balanced faction, we could solve this by side upgrade, making OKW actually CHOOSE where to invest instead of linear YOLO.

I will never understand why CoH1 all factions had plenty of side upgrades, but for CoH2 relic decided to strip axis factions from any of them completely.
30 Nov 2015, 08:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2015, 08:21 AMKozokus

Koz.

Balance is of course very important, but it is not the only factor for a game to become a successful esports title.
30 Nov 2015, 08:46 AM

plz comment to this balance related topic, related to the next patch

http://www.coh2.org/topic/45484/shouldn-t-ukf-have-at-snare/page/1#post_id447341
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak