Login

russian armor

Can we have a minor buff to the WC51?

16 Nov 2015, 10:59 AM

The USF is all about versatility, right? I think that could be improved even further by giving the WC51 a small increase to health, armor or speed (not all of them). Increased health or armor would make it easier to get it to vet 1 (which gives an ability that temporarily increases speed), while increased speed would make it more useful in transporting troops quickly across the map. As of now, it's a bit too weak to fulfill any significant role.

What do you guys think? Is a small buff warranted, or is it fine as it is?
16 Nov 2015, 11:26 AM

Personally the thing is weak vs OH due to standard Fausts and HMGs. Against OKW it tears apart their openings, particularly a kubelwagen start as the kubel can't do any significant damage vs it. It will be hard to strike a good balance with both axis factions.

I think it's in a fine spot, particularly for a 0Cp unit (which we want it to stay that way).

I like the idea of the commander being having them on at the start of the game, then after 5-10 minutes (when they develop counters) withdrawing them and using the funds to get a better unit.
16 Nov 2015, 11:30 AM

It is fine as it is. Its only duty is to heal. Unless it has a utility in combat, it does not need any buff or nerf.

Edit: I mistaken it for the healing truck. Sorry.
16 Nov 2015, 11:34 AM

I think the cost needs to be reduced to 15 fuel, after all, it's pretty much the same thing as the Soviet Scout Car.
16 Nov 2015, 11:51 AM

there it is

THERE IT IS

A BALANCE THREAD WHICH ISN'T COMPLETELY SENSELESS
16 Nov 2015, 12:00 PM

A little cheaper and perhaps 30-40 more health to survive a couple more rifle shots. 15 fuel should suffice.
16 Nov 2015, 12:02 PM

Come on, it's losing to Bren Carrier.

Even if you put Rifles in, it still loses to Bren Carrier.

Compleltly useless for its price.
16 Nov 2015, 12:10 PM

Just mirror M3 i would be happy.
16 Nov 2015, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 12:10 PMl4hti
Just mirror M3 i would be happy.

No no no, we can't have Axis infantry mirroring Allied infantry, we can't have Axis factions with demo charges, we can't have allied factions with main line tech grade snares, we can't have the same mines on every faction, because that will make the game dull and boring.

Or so I have been told on this forum:foreveralone:
16 Nov 2015, 12:18 PM

All of its stats are lesser then M3 scout car, except for its cost which is incomparably larger.
16 Nov 2015, 12:35 PM

My friend invent a way to use WC51: Use RET to drive the car while crew can fire smg from vehicle.
16 Nov 2015, 16:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

My friend invent a way to use WC51: Use RET to drive the car while crew can fire smg from vehicle.

2v2+: or you can give the WC51 to someone who goes Armor for some Assault Engi fun.

Reduce fuel cost by 5
16 Nov 2015, 16:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

2v2+: or you can give the WC51 to someone who goes Armor for some Assault Engi fun.

Reduce fuel cost by 5

Cite your sources Kappa
16 Nov 2015, 17:18 PM

To all those comparing the WC51 to the M3. You need to realize the most important point:

THE WC51 CAN BE REFITTED FOR REFUND OF RESOURCES

Thus, the initial fuel and manpower cost are merely there to delay teching and the acquisition of other units to reduce USFs ability to overwhelm the axis early game. The starting cost is fairly arbitrary in this aspect. Furtheremore once it´s refitted, the initial cost doesnt matter (since you broke even). Reducing the cost would only make it even easier to field a WC51 and something like a M20 or AAHT... but by that time the WC51 has probably exhausted its usefulness anyway.
16 Nov 2015, 17:33 PM

16 Nov 2015, 17:56 PM
Donator 11

adjusting its speed, removing its garrison, and reducing its cost or buffing its stats for cost, would go a long way to make this unit more viable.

Someone earlier pointed out that the resources get refunded. While this is true if you can keep it alive, the overall early investment in fuel can cut off many early options such as nades, bars/zooks, and even slow your overall tech.
The cost investment that is so easily killed can set USF tech back into the GG area as you have been so slow on tech you simply cant stay in the game
16 Nov 2015, 18:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Cite your sources Kappa

I've done it way before that. Heck the whole thing with giving vehicles to other started with SU snipers after the M3 nerf -_-
16 Nov 2015, 18:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 17:56 PMMittens
adjusting its speed, removing its garrison, and reducing its cost or buffing its stats for cost, would go a long way to make this unit more viable.

Someone earlier pointed out that the resources get refunded. While this is true if you can keep it alive, the overall early investment in fuel can cut off many early options such as nades, bars/zooks, and even slow your overall tech.
The cost investment that is so easily killed can set USF tech back into the GG area as you have been so slow on tech you simply cant stay in the game

Brah, you can't account for a player's badness when designing a unit. Of course if you lose it it's bad. If you rush an AAHT and it hit's a teller mine it's also game ruining. That doesn't mean the AAHT needs a buff though.

Furthermore, "reducing cost increases early options". BRUHHHHH. First, bars and zooks early game? Are you ketten me? No one get's fast BARs (who techs bars to equip 1 squad early game) and zooks? Lel, that's the whole point of the WC51 - to counter the Kubel. You can still get nades, dude, it will just be delayed (as it should, since you have a garrisonable early vehicle). And again, you can refund the unit anyway, so one it comes out and does its damage and exhausts its usefulness, you refund it. If you are losing it, sorry, you're bad, no two ways around it, try Rifle company instead.

USF is strong anyway. It doesn't need the ability to field a WC51 and a M20 at the same time by reducing WC51 cost. Pick one or the other (or pick WC51, refit it, and get M20 anyway).

If you look at the grander scheme of things maybe you will see some other issues. Maybe the WC51 is thought of as being bad because it comes from a bad doctrine? Maybe it's bad because people are incapable of microing it correctly? Maybe it's bad because grenadiers are equipped with infinite range, target locking and movement seeking panzerfausts? In my opinion, the reason why it's not too good is because of the Panzerfaust from grenadiers. That doesn't mean the WC51 needs a buff though. It just makes it a niche unit. For example, consider it's usefulness against Kubel openings, Osttruppen openings, or MG42 spam openings. The WC51 could easily be used as a "free flank" tool against MG42 spammers, or be used to push Osttrupen out of cover in early game fights to nullify their buff.
16 Nov 2015, 19:35 PM

I think it's fine. One fun build I've been doing is getting a fast BAR squad and using it as an assassin vehicle.

In the later stages of the game if you keep it around with vet it becomes a bazooka mobile, useful for hunting down vehicles or even harassing their base buildings when they're not home. (Good for sniping med bunker)

Just like the m3A1, it's all about how you use it. Use it properly and it can be extremely effective. Drive it into double panzerfaust like a moron and it will die pretty quick.

16 Nov 2015, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 10:59 AMHavenco
The USF is all about versatility, right? I think that could be improved even further by giving the WC51 a small increase to health, armor or speed (not all of them). Increased health or armor would make it easier to get it to vet 1 (which gives an ability that temporarily increases speed), while increased speed would make it more useful in transporting troops quickly across the map. As of now, it's a bit too weak to fulfill any significant role.

What do you guys think? Is a small buff warranted, or is it fine as it is?

you are right this "warr car " needes a buf its preaty bad vs wermaht even useless ...
vs okw it can save your early game from kubel car but ather commnders offer you much more then this car ...

mostly efter the first 2 -5 min this car is useless one rocekten warfer and its dead 1 v 1 kubel winnes it

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 10
United States 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak