Login

russian armor

The real issues with UKF Armor. (makes ATG useless)

29 Oct 2015, 02:10 AM

The target sizes are fine.
29 Oct 2015, 02:18 AM

it is allied ? killed some models ? OP! nerf it...
29 Oct 2015, 02:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 01:48 AMatouba
And you forget the size of Cromwell and Comet. It's just 17 as same as Stug while the other factions mediums/heavies have at least 22.It means they are harder to hit.Not to mention, the cromwell and comet move really fast.

That's the brits, which is called the NEW faction. Enjoy!

cromwell is 18

the comet is 22.

the jpz4 is 18 as well.

Btw, the US sherman is 23.

Allied regular medium tank have been struggling since the release of the original sov and ost. The British cromwell is the first allied medium actually capable of fighting the axis medium and atw on anywhere close to an even base.
29 Oct 2015, 02:37 AM

@Firesparks
"warspeed bonus is a direct clone of the current wehr blitz."

No its not:

Changelog:
"Tiger / Tiger Ace / Panther / King Tiger and the Blitzkrieg Ability
Upon review, we felt that it didn’t make much sense that these heavy armored vehicles could move in and out of danger so quickly. We also found that it provided a negative gameplay experience for those trying to counter this. Similar to the changes made to the Soviet Snipers’ sprint ability, we’ve decided to tone down the effectiveness of blitzkrieg specifically for these three units.

Blitzkrieg max speed bonus has been reduced from 35% to 15% exclusively for the Tiger and Panther. Other tanks remain the same.
Acceleration has been reduced from 60% to 30%
Combat Blitz ability speed bonus modifier has been reduced from 2 to 1.4"

In addition smaller target size, higher accuracy (and of UKF ATGs)and higher accuracy on the move, higher speed of the UKF tanks, that fact that it does not require any XP, that UKF have ontop of it other vet abilities and can be given to allies make warspeed a better ability...

29 Oct 2015, 02:57 AM

@Firesparks
"first of all
the centuar and all churchill variants are already getting a nerf tommorrow."

That is exactly the point of this thread. UKF armor is going to be nerfed tomorrow and then it is going to be nerfed again.

If imo UKF was OP this thread would have the title "nerf UKF Armor".
Imo UKF is one of the most cost efficient ones in the game and that on its own is fine.

The problem is that number of abilities and other factors make extremely effective so instead of actually lowering the stats of the units one should look these other factors.

The efficiency of UKF to deal with ATGs is one of this factor and if one actually read my suggestions one will see that they have more to do with making ATGs better at fighting UKF armor than with nerfing the UKF tanks.
29 Oct 2015, 03:05 AM

cromwell is 18

the comet is 22.

the jpz4 is 18 as well.

Btw, the US sherman is 23.

Allied regular medium tank have been struggling since the release of the original sov and ost. The British cromwell is the first allied medium actually capable of fighting the axis medium and atw on anywhere close to an even base.

The comet actually is 18 not 22.The Stug and JP4 are tank destroyers, they have small size for some reason. But the medium/heavy tank should not have such small size, meanwhile they are too fast, I feel the cromwell is, well, just flying all the time.The comet, it is a heavy but fast tank,the small size makes it harder to hit than its counterpart.

Pls don't protect the privilege which the new faction has but the other factions don't have.
29 Oct 2015, 03:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 03:05 AMatouba

The comet actually is 18 not 22.The Stug and JP4 are tank destroyers, they have small size for some reason. But the medium/heavy tank should not have such small size, meanwhile they are too fast, I feel the cromwell is, well, just flying all the time.The comet, it is a heavy but fast tank,the small size makes it harder to hit than its counterpart.

Pls don't protect the privilege which the new faction has but the other factions don't have.

http://i.imgur.com/1wMi6Ly.jpg

the cromwell and comet's relative small size contribute to their survivability. Unlike the sherman or the jackson who seem to attract enemy shell.

I will agree that the cromwell is a bit cheap. It compare favorably to the pziv and should be 350mp 125 fuel. Alternatively nerf the main gun so that its penetration is 80/100/120.

as long as we are on the subject on price, I've said before the firefly itself should be cheaper but the tulip be weaker. 440mp 145 is too expensive for the base unit.
29 Oct 2015, 06:44 AM

http://i.imgur.com/1wMi6Ly.jpg

the cromwell and comet's relative small size contribute to their survivability. Unlike the sherman or the jackson who seem to attract enemy shell.

I will agree that the cromwell is a bit cheap. It compare favorably to the pziv and should be 350mp 125 fuel. Alternatively nerf the main gun so that its penetration is 80/100/120.

as long as we are on the subject on price, I've said before the firefly itself should be cheaper but the tulip be weaker. 440mp 145 is too expensive for the base unit.

The comet has 290/180 armor value and it's fast enough. It can shoot smoke shells without doctrine. It can speed up for free.It has 18 size value while its counterpart has 24(the panther).I feel this unit has pretty good survivability... But its the new faction...
29 Oct 2015, 07:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 06:44 AMatouba

The comet has 290/180 armor value and it's fast enough. It can shoot smoke shells without doctrine. It can speed up for free.It has 18 size value while its counterpart has 24(the panther).I feel this unit has pretty good survivability... But its the new faction...

it doesn't have projectile, means you can run away freely whenever you popped out smoke. And is comet suppose to be much smaller than a panther?
29 Oct 2015, 07:18 AM

Brits tanks just have too much utilities, which any other tank doesn't have.
29 Oct 2015, 07:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 06:44 AMatouba

It has size 22. Look at the picture I posted. It's right there on relic's mod tool. Where does it says 18?
29 Oct 2015, 07:52 AM

I don't care about british tanks' armor or performance against AT weapons / teamcrews.
Their only problem is the insane amount of health. Period.
29 Oct 2015, 07:53 AM

Or how about Relic just removes the British completely? It would stop this incessant bitching and make balancing the game a lot easier.
29 Oct 2015, 08:13 AM

Or how about Relic just removes the British completely? It would stop this incessant bitching and make balancing the game a lot easier.

They didn't remove OKW while river of tears floded the forums for months, why would they remove brits? That wasn't a serious thought, was it? Adding a fifth OP faction in the game was the worst move untill now but once added, it can't be thrown out.
29 Oct 2015, 08:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 02:37 AMMyself
@Firesparks

No its not:

Changelog:
Upon review, we felt that it didn’t make much sense that these heavy armored vehicles could move in and out of danger so quickly. We also found that it provided a negative gameplay experience for those trying to counter this. Similar to the changes made to the Soviet Snipers’ sprint ability, we’ve decided to tone down the effectiveness of blitzkrieg specifically for these three units.

Blitzkrieg max speed bonus has been reduced from 35% to 15% exclusively for the Tiger and Panther. Other tanks remain the same.

In addition smaller target size, higher accuracy (and of UKF ATGs)and higher accuracy on the move, higher speed of the UKF tanks, that fact that it does not require any XP, that UKF have ontop of it other vet abilities and can be given to allies make warspeed a better ability...

I like how you have ignored completely all medium armor, which retains 60% acceleration, 35% speed, 2 speed on combat blitz and so on. Vet bonus is also available for you regardless of tech choice and you don't need additional unit to install it.
29 Oct 2015, 08:40 AM

Let's see if i can save this thread.

1- Centaur: it's getting nerf. If it really has a 1.0 damage modifier against heavy cover, then it should have the same damage modifier as other flak weapons.

2/3- Cromwell and Firefly are fine.

4- Churchill: including comets, it needs their grenade fixed. IIRC nades AoE damage doesn't have a dropoff and 120 dmg.

5- Comet: WP needs it's range adjusted while fixing it so it can be used on the move and not cancel as frequently. It should work as other "cancer" nades without death crits.

6- Croc: flame damage is nerf next patch. It's fine, nothing other flame vehicles wouldn't do.

7- Avre: it's fine. Haven't seen one after the last nerf.

Warspeed: i'll argue it could get the same treatments on the UKF "heavies" in the same way as OH/OKW. For the rest it's fine.

Tank commander: it's fine. Unless you want them to be switched with a gunner as the rest of the factions. Leave it as it is.

Heavy engineer: it just need to cost something.

I won't respond to OP due to terrible balance experience. This one is quite better.

4 - If someone is hit by churchill or comet grenade, it's their fault for sit infantry or weapon team idly at close range. A good player avoid it completely with no problem.

6 - Croc mission is to clear fortification, including pak gun.
29 Oct 2015, 08:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 00:38 AMMyself
@elchino7
Tank commanders are not fine giving +20 detection radius makes cloak on R.W. allot less useful on a units that is rather weak until it can vet up.

R.W. is a T0 atgun that can be garrisoned, can retreat and is able to cloack itself. Because is a T0 unit, at the time medium armor start to hit the field, your R.W. can be easily vet1 or vet2.

What more you want???? than a 270 mp t0 unit beat medium armor without effort??? no man....

Further comet tanks can have 3 bulletins of 5% experience combined with 20%(?) from the commander and having 2530 XP value (same as a panther while having more DPS)

you can get bulletins too, is not an only-UKF feature, is it??

Croc might be fine the retreat of R.W. is not. Most R.W. die while trying to rotate in-order to retreat.

At least R.W. can retreat. If you don´t wait until the enemy tank is at point blank, your R.W. will safely reatreat. Others atgun don´t have that luxury, and can´t retreat

Heavy engineers have too much utility being one of the cheapest squads, with one of the highest DPS, with one of the highest effective HP and one of the highest repair speeds. The units should be either good at repairing and building or good at fighting and not good at both at the same time.

Yeah, that is why SP are not good repairing nor figthing, are they???

Although hammer is supposed to be more about tank and Anvil more about emplacements the system does not work that way and heavy engineers with their big utility is part of the problem.

just my opinions.
29 Oct 2015, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 02:37 AMMyself
@Firesparks

No its not:

Changelog:

first, note that the ostwind and panzer 4 still have the old un-nerfed blitz.

make a separate nerf for the warspeed on churchill and comet. Make the bonus the same as the "heavy blitzkrieg" on the panther and churchill. Also add a 30 mu cost for the warspeed. Wehr blitz require vet, british warspeed require tech and engineer, but both require 30 munition to activate.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 02:57 AMMyself
@Firesparks
"first of all
the centuar and all churchill variants are already getting a nerf tommorrow."

That is exactly the point of this thread. UKF armor is going to be nerfed tomorrow and then it is going to be nerfed again.

double nerfing is a bad idea.
29 Oct 2015, 09:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 08:13 AMJohnnyB

They didn't remove OKW while river of tears floded the forums for months, why would they remove brits? That wasn't a serious thought, was it? Adding a fifth OP faction in the game was the worst move untill now but once added, it can't be thrown out.

No not really. Of course the Brits won't be removed.

Why do I get the feeling that you were one of the people to defend OKW when they launched? I dunno..
29 Oct 2015, 10:40 AM

@katitof
Read understand respond. Else I will not bother replying to you...

@Firesparks
"make a separate nerf for the warspeed on Churchill and comet"
"double nerfing is a bad idea."

Which is what I actually recommended so I do not see what you object to...

Original post:
{Emergency warspeed:
Remove received accuracy modifier, make it unavailable to all Churchill vehicles and make speed bonus according to vehicle weight (smaller the vehicle weight)}

What I meant is that UKF will still overperform after the patch and thus be nerfed again by relic. So my suggestion is to fix the other factor and not the stat of the units.

I have to insist that current warspeed is better ability than Blitz...

@Ful4n0

RW has the smallest range of any ATG take more than any other atg to start firing. It relies on its cloak to be effective Giving detection radius to tanks at vet0 negates one of the only advantages RW has.

The UKF actually do have a unique feature in gain vet with the tank commander hammer

Croc does not have to go point blank on a RW to kill it before retreating the flamer has a range of 32...

2 Sturmpios Cost 640MP 60 MU while 3 Heavy engineers cost 630 MP no MU. The 3 H.E. have allot more HP, DPS, and vet allot faster to vet 2 so they can repair faster.

I value your opinion, but I simply disagree.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 83

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight