Login

russian armor

The real issues with UKF Armor. (makes ATG useless)

28 Oct 2015, 19:07 PM

Imo the problem with UKF armor is not the HP or Armor Values nor the DPS, not even the performance against Axis armor. The real problems is that they are too good against ATG.

1) Centaur
With a damage multiplier of 1 against heavy cover this unit can engage paks and RW frontally using a tommy with pyro to spot and (if the ATGs are not set up) can kill them before they have a chance to fire a second shot...

2)Cromwell
With a commander to spot, small size (18) being quite fast and able to fire smoke on move (vet1) Cromwell can easily circle strafe ATGs and kill them quite fast.

3)Firefly
Although not recommended the tulip rockets can kill atg crew, if one actually aims at the atg.

4)Churchill
Chruchil grenades obliterates atg crews and smoke allows to back with the cover of smoke.

5)Comet
Has access to WP smoke (vet 1)that can kill ATGs from a range of 80!!! starts with access to smoke and grenades that can easily used to kill atgs.

6)Churchill Croc
Completely destroys atg's crew that can not move away or retreat and die even worse if garrisoned or in trench.

7)AVRE
Makes atgs simply irrelevant.

Hammer/Anvil

Emergency war speed (+35% to maximum speed,-25% received accuracy)
This ability is a vet 0 similar to old Ostheer/OKW one that currently has been nerfed to the ground...Available also to tanks like the Churchill, Crocs and AVRE...

Tank commnders
Providing detection raduis!!! making R.W. even less effective.

Heavy engineers
Fast repair speed and weapons that allows them to get the vet 2 bonuses and repair even faster.
One can simply sent a tank to fire on atgs backout repair and repeat.

UKF tank also seem to have allot of accuracy on the move and even more with commanders making even better at circle strafing ATGs.

Suggestions:
Centaur:
reduce damage vs Heavy cover...

Grenades:
Make all grenades available at vet2 or vet1 and reduce damage...

WP smoke:
completely remove it or make it with range 30 and with killing only reducing HP as other WP munition.

Croc:
Fix retreat for RW by increasing rotation speed on retreat, improve the time it takes to start firing. With a smaller range RW and fast movement of UKF tanks RW is simply under performing. Also increase the rotation speed especially when cloaked...

Emergency warspeed:
Remove received accuracy modifier, make it unavailable to all Churchill vehicles and make speed bonus according to vehicle weight (smaller the vehicle weight)

Tank commander:
Remove detection radius bonus

Heavy engineers:
Changes bonuses to: either 2 weapons, slower movement under fire and slower repair or minesweepwer increase repair speed. So a player with hammer will have to either give minessweper for better repair speed or weapons for better fighting units but not bothat the same time for free.

Reduce the firing accuracy on the move of UKF tanks especially the ones with commanders.
28 Oct 2015, 19:22 PM

I don't see any issues with the UKF armor except for those which are going to be fixed next patch. UK needs superior armor because they have inferior infantry and no heavy artillery. Their infantry is durable at vet2 and effective in repelling attacks but it's terrible in the offensive.
28 Oct 2015, 19:33 PM

Permanently Banned
Only issue with UKF armor that lelic isnt fixing is the stupidly low vet requirements for all their tanks.
28 Oct 2015, 20:01 PM
Patrion 14

1 Katitof flame post invissed. Keep it up dude
28 Oct 2015, 20:22 PM

Of course UKFs armor is too efficient. /sarcasm.

God forbid the Allies have tanks that can actually go toe to toe with the Germans for once - the humanity!!!! And your AT guns suck? Aww, that's too bad, you poor baby. Go play with USF and then go back to Germany; it will make you reevaluate how you feel about bad AT guns.

(I'm just busting your chops. Well thought out post and well written. It's just, let the Brits have good tanks. I know it's tough - you have been use to steam rolling Allied armor/weak AT guns for years, and I know it's a culture shock for you now - but just let this one go. :D)
28 Oct 2015, 20:23 PM
Patrion 14

Brit tanks are fine. Some vet requirements need tweaking but post patch I don't see any major problems with them.

I have more problems with double brened up infantry sections which will show their nastiness with 28 mp reinforce cost after the 29th though.
28 Oct 2015, 22:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Let's see if i can save this thread.

1- Centaur: it's getting nerf. If it really has a 1.0 damage modifier against heavy cover, then it should have the same damage modifier as other flak weapons.

2/3- Cromwell and Firefly are fine.

4- Churchill: including comets, it needs their grenade fixed. IIRC nades AoE damage doesn't have a dropoff and 120 dmg.

5- Comet: WP needs it's range adjusted while fixing it so it can be used on the move and not cancel as frequently. It should work as other "cancer" nades without death crits.

6- Croc: flame damage is nerf next patch. It's fine, nothing other flame vehicles wouldn't do.

7- Avre: it's fine. Haven't seen one after the last nerf.

Warspeed: i'll argue it could get the same treatments on the UKF "heavies" in the same way as OH/OKW. For the rest it's fine.

Tank commander: it's fine. Unless you want them to be switched with a gunner as the rest of the factions. Leave it as it is.

Heavy engineer: it just need to cost something.
28 Oct 2015, 22:46 PM

God forbid the Allies have tanks that can actually go toe to toe with the Germans for once - the humanity!!!! And your AT guns suck? Aww, that's too bad, you poor baby. Go play with USF and then go back to Germany; it will make you reevaluate how you feel about bad AT guns.

It's hardly the same thing though. The Cromwell is hands down better than the Panzer IV and it's stock Commander upgrade is better than the one Elite Armour has. I don't have so much of a problem with it, but being fast and hard to hit while having normal Armour and HP is annoying. The Comet hard-counters everything lighter than a Panther Tank, the Panther was resistant to AT Guns but did not outright hard-counter them with Incendiary Shot! The Tank Grenade is secretly the best Grenade in the game, doing 120 damage over it's entire Area of Effect, again Hard-Counter AT Guns by itself. Finally the Crocodile again Hard-Counters AT Guns in a way that no Axis Tank can.

Axis Tanks were strong, most still are. But coming with cheap abilities or base weapons that eliminate AT Guns with little struggle is something they never, except the Sturmtiger, could do. Yesterday I watched a Crocodile stroll up to a Pak 43, decrew it, and still sit pretty with 60% health while Heavy Engineers began repairs. Try that with a Sturmpanzer, and you won't have a Sturmpanzer for very long.
28 Oct 2015, 23:25 PM

OP I'm curious, is there anything about UKF that you don't find OP?
29 Oct 2015, 00:01 AM

PLS read understand and then respond.

PLS do try to avoid Flame wars.

Regardless of how good or bad UKF armor is the fact remains that Axis ATGs have a very hard time dealing with them especially R.W.

Dedicated units, atgs in this case should perform better in their intended role, hard countering tanks.

29 Oct 2015, 00:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 00:01 AMMyself
PLS read understand and then respond.

PLS do try to avoid Flame wars.

Regardless of how good or bad UKF armor is the fact remains that Axis ATGs have a very hard time dealing with them especially R.W.

Dedicated units, atgs in this case should perform better in their intended role, hard countering tanks.

i dont see how they struggle anymore than allieds ones do?? against the centaur defo but thats gettting nerf, you just need to not use one solo vs their tanks just like you wouldnt use an allied one solo vs a p4 or ostwind.

brits need to have something that can take out at guns you realise right
29 Oct 2015, 00:38 AM

@elchino7
Tank commanders are not fine giving +20 detection radius makes cloak on R.W. allot less useful on a units that is rather weak until it can vet up.

Further comet tanks can have 3 bulletins of 5% experience combined with 20%(?) from the commander and having 2530 XP value (same as a panther while having more DPS)

Croc might be fine the retreat of R.W. is not. Most R.W. die while trying to rotate in-order to retreat.

Heavy engineers have too much utility being one of the cheapest squads, with one of the highest DPS, with one of the highest effective HP and one of the highest repair speeds. The units should be either good at repairing and building or good at fighting and not good at both at the same time.

Although hammer is supposed to be more about tank and Anvil more about emplacements the system does not work that way and heavy engineers with their big utility is part of the problem.
29 Oct 2015, 01:10 AM

Let's see if i can save this thread.

1- Centaur: it's getting nerf. If it really has a 1.0 damage modifier against heavy cover, then it should have the same damage modifier as other flak weapons.

2/3- Cromwell and Firefly are fine.

4- Churchill: including comets, it needs their grenade fixed. IIRC nades AoE damage doesn't have a dropoff and 120 dmg.

5- Comet: WP needs it's range adjusted while fixing it so it can be used on the move and not cancel as frequently. It should work as other "cancer" nades without death crits.

6- Croc: flame damage is nerf next patch. It's fine, nothing other flame vehicles wouldn't do.

7- Avre: it's fine. Haven't seen one after the last nerf.

Warspeed: i'll argue it could get the same treatments on the UKF "heavies" in the same way as OH/OKW. For the rest it's fine.

Tank commander: it's fine. Unless you want them to be switched with a gunner as the rest of the factions. Leave it as it is.

Heavy engineer: it just need to cost something.

I don't know I feel like the heavy engineer is fine. I just get 2 obers with stg44 upgrade and they are wonderful at wiping units on retreat (1-2 man maybe 3 if it has low enough health) and killing commandos and sappers. And usually if he has a horde of sappers I just have my volks support my 2 obers more. I also get another ober with an stg44 or lmg34 if I can't hold it back enough but usually my tanks help with that problem.
29 Oct 2015, 01:33 AM

first of all

the centuar and all churchill variants are already getting a nerf tommorrow.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 19:07 PMMyself

Emergency war speed (+35% to maximum speed,-25% received accuracy)
This ability is a vet 0 similar to old Ostheer/OKW one that currently has been nerfed to the ground...Available also to tanks like the Churchill, Crocs and AVRE...

Emergency warspeed:
Remove received accuracy modifier, make it unavailable to all Churchill vehicles and make speed bonus according to vehicle weight (smaller the vehicle weight)

warspeed bonus is a direct clone of the current wehr blitz. if the wehr blitz have been "nerfed to the ground" then the warspeed is actually up.
29 Oct 2015, 01:48 AM

And you forget the size of Cromwell and Comet. It's just 17 as same as Stug while the other factions mediums/heavies have at least 22.It means they are harder to hit.Not to mention, the cromwell and comet move really fast.

That's the brits, which is called the NEW faction. Enjoy!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 153
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment