Login

russian armor

replace the volks schreck with mp44+faust.

28 Oct 2015, 09:04 AM

Haven't read all the replies, but a (doctrinal?) 5x MP40 upgrade would be cool. StG44s would be way too much firepower to give to a 235MP squad.

OKW already has pretty good infantry with Obersoldaten, Panzerfusiliers, Jaegers, and Fallschirmjaegers anyways.
28 Oct 2015, 09:10 AM

Giving MP44 to volk? Are you insane?

I can understand if it were MP40, but MP44?

That would rip even soviet shock squad in second, not to mention that volk can amass large number with cheap cost.

About panzerfaust, at first, it seems great, but then it makes no allied tank capable of flanking anymore. And there is no different between ost and okw after this change.
Try new ideal instead of mirroring other faction, otherwise the game will become boring.
28 Oct 2015, 09:27 AM

Giving MP44 to volk? Are you insane?

I can understand if it were MP40, but MP44?

That would rip even soviet shock squad in second, not to mention that volk can amass large number with cheap cost.

About panzerfaust, at first, it seems great, but then it makes no allied tank capable of flanking anymore. And there is no different between ost and okw after this change.
Try new ideal instead of mirroring other faction, otherwise the game will become boring.

No, giving folks mp44s will make then op vs the Soviets because cons don't have any weapons to make the scale better, that and the fact folks are the cheapest infantry in the game and already have incindary grenades that they instantly throw and 5 levels of vet.

soviet can handle lmg42 grenadier, they can handle volks grenadier with 2 mp44. Volks is also the cheapest infantry squad by 5 mp. that's a tiny difference.

a mass of schreck is as hard to flank as a mass of volks with faust. Grenadiers with faust haven't made wehr immune to flanking.

OKW has the same infantry design as soviets, meaning you get your AI power from elite infantry, not your mainline. They won't do this because they don't want players spamming volks, simple as that.

spamming volks with schreck have been the okw's bread and butter since WFA release. It's overshadowed by leIG atm but it's going to be their main strategy again once the patch hit.
28 Oct 2015, 09:32 AM

If you want a cqc squad, get sturms
28 Oct 2015, 12:34 PM

soviet can handle lmg42 grenadier, they can handle volks grenadier with 2 mp44. Volks is also the cheapest infantry squad by 5 mp. that's a tiny difference.

Have you seen ober with 2 MP44 obliterate conscript? Apply the same thing with blob of volks which is cheaper, more men and arrive earlier, do you think any player can survive that?

If volk need an upgrade to replace panzerstreck, 2 panzerbusches would work. That would increase volk on long range damage while maintain their anti light tank capability.
28 Oct 2015, 12:47 PM

Have you seen ober with 2 MP44 obliterate conscript? Apply the same thing with blob of volks which is cheaper, more men and arrive earlier, do you think any player can survive that?

If volk need an upgrade to replace panzerstreck, 2 panzerbusches would work. That would increase volk on long range damage while maintain their anti light tank capability.

completely different mp44's my dear. the obers mp44's are way better then regular mp44's.

That said i believe obers should be moved to the mech truck while their lmg upgrade remains sealed behind the flak truck. giving volks mp44's would quickly create spam followed by a puma/jp4 combo
28 Oct 2015, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 12:47 PMZyllen

completely different mp44's my dear. the obers mp44's are way better then regular mp44's.

Yes, it's different. But when he compares lmg42 with 2 mp44, I can only think of that.
28 Oct 2015, 13:26 PM

I am not sure what everyones obsession to change volks so drastically is, the only suggestion I like is to move their flame grenade to sturmpios. I remember a thread where people were asking Panzergrenadiers to have the shrecks to be put away on toggle and many said it would make it a braindead upgrade, this would almost be the same since you get a boost to AI and you still have AT whenever you want it (even if it is expensive and on a cooldown).

The better solution would be to make all of their other infantry more cost effective so we can take volks blob out of the equation completely. A good start might be making sturmpios cost about 20 MP less with cheaper reinforcing as I only see one ever in games and its always the one you start with and they do not perform as good as Pgrens. Making Obers cheaper by 50 MP maybe as they cost more than most elite infantry but dont really act like them unless you give them the STG upgrade or if you get them to Vet4(haha) and they suppress everyone to death.
28 Oct 2015, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 13:26 PMNoscul
I am not sure what everyones obsession to change volks so drastically is

Because 5 dedicated AI squads covering every single AI role is not enough :foreveralone:
28 Oct 2015, 13:46 PM

I don't agree with mp44, but I do think they should get an LMG, and Buff racken health
28 Oct 2015, 13:52 PM

Naaah. Just give them better accuracy, increase their price a bit and maybe improve their vet.
28 Oct 2015, 14:44 PM

Permanently Banned
Sturmpioneers need veterancy changes. Getting vet on sturmpios takes ages, heck getting them to vet 3 takes forever and they drop models so quick before they reach vet 3.

Volks are fine.
28 Oct 2015, 14:57 PM

Nobody likes schreck blobs, but people genuinely enjoy play that promotes flanking and thinking. This is why this change would be so good. I don't get why people are so against it. Schrecks could be moved to a dedicated tank hunter squad in t2/t3. That promotes combined arms and tactical decisions concerning where to invest munitions.
28 Oct 2015, 16:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 13:31 PMKatitof

Because 5 dedicated AI squads covering every single AI role is not enough :foreveralone:

Yeah if the SU lost the sniper and maxim early game and penals/engineers could not be upgraded with a flame-thrower then your arguments make sense because the SU would be in the same boat as the okw.
28 Oct 2015, 16:18 PM

Nobody likes schreck blobs, but people genuinely enjoy play that promotes flanking and thinking. This is why this change would be so good. I don't get why people are so against it. Schrecks could be moved to a dedicated tank hunter squad in t2/t3. That promotes combined arms and tactical decisions concerning where to invest munitions.

Thats not the problem. Volks ARE a dedicated AT squad with the shrek. SO the AT is already their the AI squads are simply not their. The lack of choice basically forces spam. put the obers in the tech truck and people will create a combined arms army
28 Oct 2015, 16:24 PM
Donator 33

Copied from another thread:

Gib Volks more AI (rifle damage from 10 to 12), redesign the shreck into a PzFaust-like ability*, increase Volks cost to 240 (although it doesn't really matter) and be done with it.

I honestly prefer a snare to the current shreck.

* You buy the shreck upgrade for 90 muni but instead of getting a shreck, Volks get the ability to fire a shreck - for free because you have to buy it for every squad individually.

Same range/cooldown as PzFausts but penetration/damage of shrecks.

The results:

- rifle damage from 10 to 12 basically increases their DPS to a value slightly below Grens
- A-moving Volks blobs (with shrecks) won't work (anymore) against vehicles
- Shrecks basically get less range/higher cooldown compared to bazookas in exchange for 100% accuracy (same as PzFausts) and the ability to snare vehicles
- Volks don't lose a weapon slot
28 Oct 2015, 20:37 PM

Permanently Banned
I'd go with a 1x stg for squad leader, and 2 mp40s + faust. 90 munitions. Remove panzershreck, put on a AT squad buildable from med HQ.
Hat
28 Oct 2015, 22:23 PM

So you want OKW to have quality infantry that is both AI and AT while also still having the LiG?

You wehraboos are mad.
29 Oct 2015, 00:20 AM

Volks should choose between MP44 + incendiary nade upgrade that requires Mech HQ tech, or Shrek + faust upgrade that requires BHQ.

Cons also could use some sort love lategame, as well as T34. (Off topic.)
29 Oct 2015, 05:45 AM

Volks should choose between MP44 + incendiary nade upgrade that requires Mech HQ tech, or Shrek + faust upgrade that requires BHQ.

Cons also could use some sort love lategame, as well as T34. (Off topic.)

Shrek + faust? Both on single unit? Do you really can't forsee how bad is it?
Cons got their buff already. Agreed about T-34 though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★