Login

russian armor

The Valentine and the Sexton

21 Oct 2015, 20:10 PM

How do people feel about these?

I feel like they come out too late in the game. The Valentine would be a nice british stuart, but it comes out way after that timing window. The sexton I guess is supposed to be a British katyusha/panzerwerfer but it's not very impressive. Timing wise seems fine compared to those units though.

21 Oct 2015, 20:21 PM

Light vehicles coming in based on CPS cant be rushed or timed effectively making them hard to utilize.

It should be in a tech structure

performance seems pretty meh as well from what i've seen
21 Oct 2015, 20:34 PM

The Sexton and the Valentine are to work together.

If you get the Valentine to Vet 1, the tank will get the ability of calling in on-map Sextons to fire supercharged rounds farther than commanding the Sexton to fire manually. Though their timing is bad and the fuel is difficult to get unless you have map control.
21 Oct 2015, 20:38 PM

Sexton damage meehh almost 0 like base howies.. Valentine 8 or 9 cp I remember with lower performance then stuard ? lel
21 Oct 2015, 20:41 PM

I could see 1CP sooner for Valentine and the Sexton needs some stats more mirrored to the Priest, with a few downgrades due to it coming out faster and being cheaper.
21 Oct 2015, 22:54 PM

Sexton and Valentine are nice concepts, but they are way too weak to work.

While Valentine have some use vs infantry that can't charm it and is pretty ok for scouting with its ability, suxton have no redeeming features, cost, timing, performance-none of it adds up to even semi decent unit.

The whole doctrine got hardest hit since alpha and I don't consider it in any way or form viable.
22 Oct 2015, 00:15 AM

The artillery doctrine is largely useless beyond the first two abilities. And only with anvil to make the base arty useful.

The valentine's obvious problem is that it comes way too late to be useful. In its current state it should be closer to 5 CP (matching the ostheer puma). Even then I'm not really sure what role it would fill. I've never found it that great against inf personally, but that could be because of all the shrecks at that point.

I'd love to say something about the valentine's vet 1, but I've never actually got one to vet 1.

The sexton just has no impact in the vast majority of situations, and certainly not enough to waste resources that could be spent on any other tank that would have an impact. I don't know the stats, but the shell seems to have virtually no damage radius.

The 12 CP artillery overwatch ability should be renamed "turn your map sectors orange" or "I didn't like munitions anyway".
22 Oct 2015, 00:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 00:15 AMtenid
The artillery doctrine is largely useless beyond the first two abilities. And only with anvil to make the base arty useful.

The valentine's obvious problem is that it comes way too late to be useful. In its current state it should be closer to 5 CP (matching the ostheer puma). Even then I'm not really sure what role it would fill. I've never found it that great against inf personally, but that could be because of all the shrecks at that point.

I'd love to say something about the valentine's vet 1, but I've never actually got one to vet 1.

The sexton just has no impact in the vast majority of situations, and certainly not enough to waste resources that could be spent on any other tank that would have an impact. I don't know the stats, but the shell seems to have virtually no damage radius.

The 12 CP artillery overwatch ability should be renamed "turn your map sectors orange" or "I didn't like munitions anyway".

I agree that the CP for the Valentine could get a decrease since it comes out the same time as the Sexton. My thoughts on it is that it can support Infantry Sections in fighting the 222, 251 halftrack, Puma, or Flak halftrack. Though the 80 Fuel seems to deter UKF players from choosing the Valentine due to the preference of the Centaur which is 20 more Fuel, but can deal with those threats and possible anti-tank guns brought from the OKW and the Ostheer.
22 Oct 2015, 00:43 AM
Patrion 28

the valentine is fucking amazing purely for the 360 uhu scan but the sexton is shit.
22 Oct 2015, 02:08 AM

How do people feel about these?

I feel like they come out too late in the game. The Valentine would be a nice british stuart, but it comes out way after that timing window. The sexton I guess is supposed to be a British katyusha/panzerwerfer but it's not very impressive. Timing wise seems fine compared to those units though.

They suck ass
22 Oct 2015, 06:59 AM

Valentine should somehow be like a T34/76 in terms of damage.
Better than a light tank but still pretty sucky.
Its abilities are what make the Valentine a good tank then.
22 Oct 2015, 07:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2015, 22:54 PMKatitof
Sexton and Valentine are nice concepts, but they are way too weak to work.

+1
Weaker than weakest. I don't mind going for the artillery commander as it is plain shit compared to others.
22 Oct 2015, 12:36 PM

Wish they'd make the Sexton as good as the Priest.
22 Oct 2015, 13:32 PM
Patrion 15

I love the Valentine! Mainly for the late game vision and its outright speed. It doesn't trade well vs other Medium Tanks, but it can be handy for chasing down.
22 Oct 2015, 13:43 PM

I love the Valentine! Mainly for the late game vision and its outright speed. It doesn't trade well vs other Medium Tanks, but it can be handy for chasing down.

It have T34/76 cost, but it have half the damage and 480hp. Its decently armored and have decent pen, but it won't be bouncing much or competing against anything, even puma rolls over it effortlessly.

For that cost and timing its not really worth it as you get a full-priced tank that acts like puma with stuart gun.

Its not bad in itself, but its tar pricey for what it brings and how it spends most of its time on the field(aka locked in scout mode).
23 Oct 2015, 01:37 AM

I've never used the Valentine properly (only used once in alpha and didn't realize it had wallhacks) but the Sexton is utter pudding. Terrible range, mediocre shell radius, mediocre damage.

Outside of "early game sux lolol", the primary British inadequacy is that they have hopeless indirect fire. Base arty sucks, Sexton sucks, and Mortar pit is offensively respectable, but utterly vulnerable to ISG and enemy mortars (esp. mortar ht).

23 Oct 2015, 12:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2015, 00:15 AMtenid

I lol'ed

pretty much this. I did use it when the enemy attacked, but then they sorta neutralize the territory negating the ability.

I bought brits for this doctrine primarily and it SUX TONS. <------------- bad pun
23 Oct 2015, 12:28 PM

I lol'ed

pretty much this. I did use it when the enemy attacked, but then they sorta neutralize the territory negating the ability.

I bought brits for this doctrine primarily and it SUX TONS. <------------- bad pun

Should have applied for and played alpha, when it was actually fun and valid choice before it got #relik'd :snfPeter:
23 Oct 2015, 12:30 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah they are both awful and need a buff quite badly.
23 Oct 2015, 12:36 PM
Patrion 14

I remember just before release the valentine getting stat nerfed across the board. In the alpha build it used to be amazing but then the nerf jackhammer got it before anyone found out how good it was.

Don't know about sexton, I guess it's been terrible since forever.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★