Login

russian armor

lets talk about medium tanks vs schrecks (AGAIN)

13 Oct 2015, 17:59 PM

Tell that to zooks. They will hit anything in it's path before hitting the tank not to mention it's limited range. I've never seen a zook curve to it's target lol

IMO they should make it exactly like zooks (meaning cut its range, accuracy, and allow it to hit shit in it's path, and don't let it heat seek), but leave how strong it is in regards to dmg and pen.

yeah zooks are rly bad in this days (with this accuracy u mention) and shreks that works like zooks will be rly great so if u are lucky it will be hit with it's good pen and dmg. that will stop that brainless blobs full of shreks (like hedgehog or something) and people will have to use mind to go from diffrent sides or make ambush :)
13 Oct 2015, 18:03 PM

lso the range of schrecks are crazy. Basically it's like a at gun (not quite) but still darn far. Meanwhile zooks you gotta be right next to them.

Schreck range = 35
Bazooka range = 35
AT gun range = 60
13 Oct 2015, 18:08 PM

Schreck blobs bothering you?

Pack Howie, Centaur, Crocodile, KV-8, Commandos, Shock Troops, Vet 3 Flame Rifles, Katyusha and literally any suppression dealing weapon all say hello.

Also, don't forget to smoke and flank.
Hat
13 Oct 2015, 18:42 PM

Schreck blobs bothering you?

Pack Howie, Centaur, Crocodile, KV-8, Commandos, Shock Troops, Vet 3 Flame Rifles, Katyusha and literally any suppression dealing weapon all say hello.

Also, don't forget to smoke and flank.

LiG counters any infantry movement, Pack Howie is crap and the Katyusha is weak+too expensive. Also, as of now infantry can just run straight at allied HMGs and throw their nades.

The Crocodile is a good counter though. Such a terrifying thing.
13 Oct 2015, 19:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 18:42 PMHat

LiG counters any infantry movement, Pack Howie is crap and the Katyusha is weak+too expensive. Also, as of now infantry can just run straight at allied HMGs and throw their nades.

yeah croco is good as well as kv8 and what lelic is doing they nerf them as well as churchill "logic"
13 Oct 2015, 19:46 PM

Pack Howie is crap

:rofl:

official forum pls go
Hat
13 Oct 2015, 20:37 PM

:rofl:

official forum pls go

Looking at its cost and how it plays in relation to the IsG I'd say thats the case. It doesn't kill or pin nearly as well.
13 Oct 2015, 20:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 20:37 PMHat

Looking at its cost and how it plays in relation to the IsG I'd say thats the case. It doesn't kill or pin nearly as well.

the pack howitzer is actually good. It's the LeIG really overperforming
13 Oct 2015, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 16:34 PMKatitof

Inc nade range ensures that volks counter suppression head-on, unless they approach garrison from the side its set up.

Suppress them then move the gun back.

Or use layered suppression. Two teams, first team moves back when they get close to made range.

If you just sit there then yeah you'll eat a grenade.
13 Oct 2015, 21:26 PM

Not just medim tanks, also jackson, su85, comet, churchill (after armour nerf) centour, su76, i mean entire allied army getting destroyed by creck blob. Panzershreck is not fair because it is too effective vs paper armoured allied vehicles, every shot penetrates. When i pickup bazookas with my riflemans they performs bad vs infantrys (and still bad at destroying tanks) but panzershreck blob never loses their anti infantry capabilty. Anti eveything blob. It needs nerf to bazooka stats also lower it's price. This way panzershreck ll still be more effective than bazookas because most of the allied tanks have very weak armour but atleast panzershreck won't sinpe tanks in 1 wolley.
13 Oct 2015, 21:56 PM

Panzershrecks might be OP coz panzershreck blobbers are so low in ELO that their automatch opponents are usually those who rush a single tank ahead without the support of their superior infantry, thinking to cursh everything with their armor, and cannot micro all the units they have properly. :snfBarton: :snfBarton:
13 Oct 2015, 22:00 PM

Schreck range = 35
Bazooka range = 35
AT gun range = 60

range and accuracy are two different things.
13 Oct 2015, 22:24 PM

Katyusha is what I keep trying to use when I choose a doctrine without KV-8 and hey have really been underperforming compared to when I was last playing in fall and winter of 2014. Back then it didn't have too much scatter so you could severely punish a blob as long as you weren't at max range. Now that scatter is increased it is very hard to get wipes on blobs unless you drive so close that literally you are barely out of schreck range and you can't even fire all your volleys if the lead blob squad doesn't retreat/get wiped because he will close the distance and one shot you
13 Oct 2015, 22:32 PM

Katyusha is what I keep trying to use when I choose a doctrine without KV-8 and hey have really been underperforming compared to when I was last playing in fall and winter of 2014. Back then it didn't have too much scatter so you could severely punish a blob as long as you weren't at max range. Now that scatter is increased it is very hard to get wipes on blobs unless you drive so close that literally you are barely out of schreck range and you can't even fire all your volleys if the lead blob squad doesn't retreat/get wiped because he will close the distance and one shot you

yeah lelic seems to nerfing all rly good counters vs blobers kv8, croco, katyusha... They are saying about combined arms and then nerfing this things, so they are giving a opportunity window for blobers...
Hat
13 Oct 2015, 23:40 PM

Suppress them then move the gun back.

Or use layered suppression. Two teams, first team moves back when they get close to made range.

If you just sit there then yeah you'll eat a grenade.

The Mg34 and Mg42 suppress and kill infantry very well. Requiring 2 Hmgs to actually suppress a unit charging straight at you across open terrain is silly. By the time they actually get suppressed to a crawl they're already tossing a nade.
14 Oct 2015, 00:33 AM

If your opponent is truly schreck blobbing there shouldn't be enough le.IGs to stop your infantry from advancing to close range (assuming you yourself are not blobbing). Pack Howie is not crap, it actually performs better than the le.IG with vet. Katyusha is a weaker and more expensive counter, but if you are able to cover it with shot blockers and get a close range barrage off on a blob with it you will likely wipe a few squads. As others suggested you can either layer suppression or simply move the team weapon back (it shouldn't be hard to tell why he's charging his volks/grens into your machine gun, just dodge the obvious nade).

14 Oct 2015, 01:15 AM
Honorary Member Badge

range and accuracy are two different things.

Bazooka accuracy = 0.025 long, 0.05 short
Schreck accuracy = 0.025 long, 0.05 short
14 Oct 2015, 01:25 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Bazooka accuracy = 0.025 long, 0.05 short
Schreck accuracy = 0.025 long, 0.05 short

Actually, think Schreck accuracy is at 0.02 long. Happened last March, and I can find no other Schreck changes since then.
14 Oct 2015, 01:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Pack Howie is not crap, it actually performs better than the le.IG with vet

+15% Range,+15% Barrage Range
+25% speed, -23% received accuracy
-40% barrage recharge, +33% barrage range
+100% shots fired per barrage
+30% penetration +50% damage

Unlocks the 'White Phosphorous Barrage' ability
Replaces the standard barrage by HEAT barrage improving damage and penetration
+33% range, -30% ability recharge

Notice that the Pack Howie only fires 3 shells on barrage and that vet3 seems to be bugged (or only affects barrage)
The Pack Howie is a good unit, but not due to vet.
14 Oct 2015, 01:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2015, 09:33 AMKatitof

Come on, you know that "micro is too hard" annual threads always come up this time of the month.
how is micro to hard countering blobs by mircoing is easy use a hmg to ping then throw nades with ur inf so blob is ether forced to retreat or get blown up
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★