Login

russian armor

Why is Air Superiority "OP" ?

11 Oct 2015, 20:45 PM
Donator 11

They are nerfing AS when that Concentrated Barrage isn't being touched. A truck can technically survive AS, but Concentrated Barrage is a 100% kill chance, and comes with a crocodile, and is 75 munitions cheaper. :luvDerp:
11 Oct 2015, 21:27 PM

So it was designed to totally annihilate OKW trucks and make them lose the ability to make certain units and in 99% of the cases lose the game. Legit, nice design there.

I can kill a truck with a 320MP unit. Why should a 325 muni 12cp ability not be able to kill a truck?

I'll tell you why, because you like to camp behind all your bases in one spot. That's why you're crying.
11 Oct 2015, 21:35 PM

I can kill a truck with a 320MP unit. Why should a 325 muni 12cp ability not be able to kill a truck?

I'll tell you why, because you like to camp behind all your bases in one spot. That's why you're crying.

Hmm, a 250 ammo ability (concentrated barage) still takes out a OKW truck 100%. It's not fair in the terms of gameplay. Where as you first had to use a bit more skill into it ;)
11 Oct 2015, 21:44 PM

Hmm, a 250 ammo ability (concentrated barage) still takes out a OKW truck 100%. It's not fair in the terms of gameplay. Where as you first had to use a bit more skill into it ;)

There are lots of things that take out OKW trucks. Lots. What do players do then? They rebuild them.

So why is there so much hate for this ability? Because of the campers. Two or more bases in very close proximity getting rekt by an anti camp ability that comes late in the game.

OKW players want their med HQ next to their Flak HQ, to protect their le.IG's, so that they can forget about them, and let them bomb the enemy all game with impunity. So, the brits have a measure that kills this plan late game, and now the whining starts.

1 truck dead for 325 muni's is a great deal for OKW. It's not the singular truck that is the problem though is it? Nope, despite the protestations to the contrary, it's actually for the very reason I state above.
11 Oct 2015, 23:43 PM

I have a better solution.

Give OKW and Ostheer strategic bombing to mirror operation Steinbock and bombing of Stalingrad respectively in a separate doctrine.

Problem solved. That way, UK emplacements can all get wiped like OKW trucks since they are all "too close together" and "built too aggressively" as suggested by other members.
11 Oct 2015, 23:54 PM

Countless times I´ve heard people complaining about Air Superiority being "OP". However, I can't figure out why there are so many people joining the chorus which has even led to a massive nerf of that ability in the october Preview. I personally have yet to experience high casualties due to that 325 mun ability... apart from 1 wiped Gren squad and a dozen of destroyed Battlegroup HQ.

I've always made it out in time. The big red circle and the huge amount flares which are coming down are extremely obvious. Identifying the doctrine isn't hard either, thanks to Commandos.

So, I tested. I put a Jagdtiger (no engine uprade) into the middle of Rhine crossing. Then I placed the offmap behind the Jagdtiger and once the red flares had landed on the ground, I ordered him to retreat. He had to retreat trough the whole circle and made it out in time with just a scratch (1 bomb landed near him).

So, what's the problem?

People are bad at video games.

Most arty only works on people who are sleeping. Unfortunately, that's half the playerbase.

The only other time you could reliably hit people with arty was in the base sector, because they didn't have the unit control to actually move their units out of the way and only knew how to press T. Unfortunately, you can't do anything of the sort anymore.
12 Oct 2015, 02:42 AM

Give OKW and Ostheer strategic bombing to mirror operation Steinbock and bombing of Stalingrad respectively in a separate doctrine.

Problem solved. That way, UK emplacements can all get wiped like OKW trucks since they are all "too close together" and "built too aggressively" as suggested by other members.

Deal.
12 Oct 2015, 03:00 AM

There are lots of things that take out OKW trucks. Lots. What do players do then? They rebuild them.

So why is there so much hate for this ability? Because of the campers. Two or more bases in very close proximity getting rekt by an anti camp ability that comes late in the game.

OKW players want their med HQ next to their Flak HQ, to protect their le.IG's, so that they can forget about them, and let them bomb the enemy all game with impunity. So, the brits have a measure that kills this plan late game, and now the whining starts.

1 truck dead for 325 muni's is a great deal for OKW. It's not the singular truck that is the problem though is it? Nope, despite the protestations to the contrary, it's actually for the very reason I state above.

So true.
12 Oct 2015, 06:12 AM

Bad idea. If those emplacements were tier buildings, I would agree too. The only way this would be fair, is if this carpet bombing can be directed on allied bases after spotting them in FOW.
12 Oct 2015, 06:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 06:12 AMJohnnyB

Bad idea. If those emplacements were tier buildings, I would agree too. The only way this would be fair, is if this carpet bombing can be directed on allied bases after spotting them in FOW.

Deal, if you need that to win a game.
12 Oct 2015, 07:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 06:21 AMEsxile

Deal, if you need that to win a game.

No, the idea is that such abilities should not exist at all.
12 Oct 2015, 07:15 AM

The problem isn't so much "I'm camping"

The problem is you can deny units being built with one click.

Say you use the ability on a med truck. Healing, I can do without for 3 minutes, but if I need to build a jagdpanzer 4, I have to wait at least 5 minutes before I build the vehicle.

This is even worse with the flak ht, need a Panther? Nope, one click ability delays it for at least 5 minutes (likely longer due to how much schwewer costs fuel wise)

There is no other ability in the game that is able to deny a player from building certain units so easily as Air Superiority.

The only counterplay against this is putting all of your hqs in the base, which goes against core faction design.
12 Oct 2015, 08:11 AM
Donator 11

If you build a mortor or an howi your enemy has the chance to counter it before his buildings are getting destroyed... you simply cant counter the Air Superiority ability. Would it be just one plane which is really fragile to AA or if there would be some kind of counter ability it would be fine.
But for now it is a "click to win" button.
That goes without saying the ability is very expensive but there shouldnt be so expensive OP abilities ingame. 1000ammo for a "win the game nuke"
12 Oct 2015, 08:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 08:11 AMSwonVIP

That goes without saying the ability is very expensive but there shouldnt be so expensive OP abilities ingame. 1000ammo for a "win the game nuke"

Like scavenger arty when it was released :loco: Same shit going on here again, I'm even wondered people discuss this. Would expect such threads in the official forums or in the steam forums but here :foreveralone:
12 Oct 2015, 08:54 AM

I heard people tell me the bomber planes should be able to be countered by aa OKW emplacements and Schwere Panzer HQ.

There are no planes, the bombs spawn in mid air :foreveralone:

I remember this ability to be an old Axis ability first. It was removed due to people complaining that is was OP and biased towards Axis. Now that it is back, but in Allied hands, it suddenly is justified by an enormous muni cost. People make no sense to me, the ability should not wipe full health OKW trucks, things like this shouldn't even be in the game. The most offending thing is that the ability can be called in upon base sectors as well, annihilating OKW trucks in base sector as well.

I ask of you, how much fun would it be for you if 10 Luftwaffe planes come flying into your Soviet base and destroy your T4 and T3 or either one, needing you to spend another 120-200 something fuel on teching, again. For OKW this means, waiting for another truck to be deployed and placing it again. This is a huge penalty for a fuel starved faction.

Why they decided to return the ability, is beyond me.

+10000

The new faction should be in line with vanillas.If AS is ok, the ostheer Railway Artillery ability could use a buff of increasing the number of shells to 10 because currently it cost 200 munitions but do nothing at all!
12 Oct 2015, 11:14 AM

I remember this ability to be an old Axis ability first. It was removed due to people complaining that is was OP and biased towards Axis. Now that it is back, but in Allied hands, it suddenly is justified by an enormous muni cost. People make no sense to me, the ability should not wipe full health OKW trucks, things like this shouldn't even be in the game. The most offending thing is that the ability can be called in upon base sectors as well, annihilating OKW trucks in base sector as well.

Yeah.
That.

Not anything to do with the fact that wehr version was cheaper, had same effectiveness, came at 6 CP and the doctrine had menpower to muni instant conversion ability without cooldown, together with three other completely and utterly overpowered things.
12 Oct 2015, 11:41 AM

Air superiority OBVIOUSLY shouldn't wipe full hp okw trucks, that's just bad for design, BUT it should actually wipe medium tanks, troops and static defenses, unlike the preview version, which has a chance to wipe tanks and infantry. It's a big chance, but it still isn't certain. I think everybody had this game on Crossing (well, pretty much every game on Crossing) where double OKW just turtle 2 VPs behind 2 flaktrucks protected by a shitton of ISGs, puppchens and panthers, killing all attempts at breakthroughs, indirect fire or combined arms. Air Superiority is the British way of breaking that stalemate, and the schwerers will most likely be destroyed in the following assault. There's the subtle difference between simply wiping full hp trucks or scaring off/killing their defences to assault them with troops, and right now, Air Superiority does neither.
12 Oct 2015, 11:44 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 11:14 AMKatitof

Yeah.
That.

Not anything to do with the fact that wehr version was cheaper, had same effectiveness, came at 6 CP and the doctrine had menpower to muni instant conversion ability without cooldown, together with three other completely and utterly overpowered things.

I know why they took it out, the doctrine was complete lunacy. Still abilities like this shouldn't even be in the game, no matter how hard you want to hate on the Axis doctrine that never was, the ability shouldn't be in the game.

12 Oct 2015, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 06:12 AMJohnnyB

No backing from me here, too extreme.
12 Oct 2015, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 11:14 AMKatitof

Yeah.
That.

And for the listed reasons it was not added, but given how UKF plays out, I dont even think that commander is extreme anymore.

It is just the new Meta.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS