Login

russian armor

Why is Air Superiority "OP" ?

11 Oct 2015, 12:23 PM

Permanently Banned

That doctrine was never released because it was OP in general. 5 Panzer grenadiers with body armor, 2 flamers + satchels and smoke nades; normal mortars firing incendiary rounds; 160mp converted to 75 ammo, a forward HQ and that strategic bombing.

Bombing in base is partly true. It highly depends on the map. However, you are always able to place the hq in a safe spot.

I know, but why they put this ability in it was just, ugh.

And no, you can't always put your HQ in a safe place since the bombers can level any part of the map with the click of a button, including the base sector via many angles of ability activation. For a faction that relies upon strategic truck placement and territory denial to capture and hold fuel for their fuel starved income, it is an utter disgrace that one ability can totally destroy multiple tucks, even in one's base sector.

I am for removing any of these abilities that totally annihilate points on the map, including Axis abilities. This game should be about balance, not simply: 'I will wait until I have a lot of muni and then call in this ability to totally turn the game around'. This ability can totally change a game, without any skill involved, anyone can cap munitions points and defend them.
11 Oct 2015, 12:30 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 12:19 PMCptEend

That's not true. Go play UKF before starting another rant please.

You can't call it in upon the base, but you can certainly let 80% of the bombs hit the base, which will annihilate any OKW truck. Has happened to me on several occasions and has happened on Imperial Dane's casts and other casters's casts as well.

This isn't a rant, it is realistically assessing an ability.

Stop your rants about my 'rants'.
11 Oct 2015, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 12:19 PMCptEend

That's not true. Go play UKF before starting another rant please.

On certain maps you can. Place it on the base border and see the base vanish. E.g. Faymonville Approach.
11 Oct 2015, 12:35 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 12:22 PMShanka
You can't call it in base, if there is more than one truck that dies in the strike, it's your fault for putting your HQ too close

And i just see axis player claiming it's op shit, ok so can we talk about CAS, that commander being able to shut down arty piece with 2 clicks

Losing your HQ and all the troops is just what we endure has allies with this fella(CAS and other commanders), "oh look i'm gonna pop a 50Kg bomb on your retreat point and everything will die"

I understand that this is not the same ammount of firepower, but for the price if it doesn't kill the truck, it's garbage, if air supremacy get toned down, the price needs to drop too

Air supremacy will be nerfed when CAS will get withdrawn from the game.

You know what strikes me the most is that you use the term "we" as "allies". Like others have never played Allies and know what CAS was capable of. Newsflash for you buddy, it was nerfed a few patches back ago. I get the feeling you have never endured watching hopelessly as you see one er even two OKW trucks get smashed by a skill-less ammunition ability. If we assess this correctly, Relic's game design is punishing you for utilizing the design they had in mind for OKW as a faction with placing trucks strategically.

I am totally being objective with my assessments, you on the other hand are not. Although I don't adore CAS myself, at least the 50kg bomb on the retreat point costs some skill, in the sense that you have to time it. The Air superiority ability is dropped on stationary HQ trucks, what a skill.

11 Oct 2015, 12:42 PM

So, I tested. I put a Jagdtiger (no engine uprade) into the middle of Rhine crossing. Then I placed the offmap behind the Jagdtiger and once the red flares had landed on the ground, I ordered him to retreat. He had to retreat trough the whole circle and made it out in time with just a scratch (1 bomb landed near him).

If everyone were to test all abilities this way the game would be at such a better place , that's a great attitude XD.
But then again no ability should be able to wipe OKW trucks so easily and i think the reason ppl complain about it is the "skill" part, it requires basically no skill to execute while ur opponent has to move his entire defensive line within seconds
11 Oct 2015, 12:52 PM

dozen of destroyed Battlegroup HQ.

The only reason make me scare to make FHQ as OKW,
n lost the 1 advantage the OKW had.

soo kinda OP i think cause even Sov n US weren't this savage

:gimpy:
11 Oct 2015, 13:17 PM

On certain maps you can. Place it on the base border and see the base vanish. E.g. Faymonville Approach.

Says the guy who always stuka dive bombs bases on retreat.
11 Oct 2015, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 12:42 PMrush

If everyone were to test all abilities this way the game would be at such a better place , that's a great attitude XD.
But then again no ability should be able to wipe OKW trucks so easily and i think the reason ppl complain about it is the "skill" part, it requires basically no skill to execute while ur opponent has to move his entire defensive line within seconds

Ironicallly damaging OKW trucks is the only thing it is good at now. Tanks usually survive the bombing and sometimes even infantry does.
11 Oct 2015, 13:29 PM

You know what strikes me the most is that you use the term "we" as "allies". Like others have never played Allies and know what CAS was capable of. Newsflash for you buddy, it was nerfed a few patches back ago. I get the feeling you have never endured watching hopelessly as you see one er even two OKW trucks get smashed by a skill-less ammunition ability. If we assess this correctly, Relic's game design is punishing you for utilizing the design they had in mind for OKW as a faction with placing trucks strategically.

I am totally being objective with my assessments, you on the other hand are not. Although I don't adore CAS myself, at least the 50kg bomb on the retreat point costs some skill, in the sense that you have to time it. The Air superiority ability is dropped on stationary HQ trucks, what a skill.

OKW base placement was doomed even before the faction was released, ML20 B4 were introduced way before OKW, it's relic fault to be blind how porrly defended those trucks are against arty or call-in, and just saying ONLY this ability is ruining the entire OKW design is just hilarious, if we follow your way of thinking, everything that can destroy an OKW base truck is ruining OKW :D

And Newflash CAS was not patched because patched means it's not over the top and in line with other commanders (in the case of a commander), planes just come a bit slower, it's not a patch, it's a slight nerf, the main problem still remains, you can pump out op strikes after op strikes :thumbsup:

Wow what a skill, i need to drop a recon run , when i see troops retrating, wow i need to launch the strike when troops are near the ambulance (can we talk about the units getting stuck when they arrived on their retreat and not being able to move ? ) Yes Air supremacy don't need much skill either, but it's not like you got a big ass red circle on the minimap and 10 secs (not sure aboute the time) to GTFO <444>_<444>

And don't say that i'm not objective while saying that you are, you are not superior to anyone to think that you tell the truth and somebody don't tell it :lol:
11 Oct 2015, 13:44 PM

The problem is packing too much power and cost in a single ability (or unit), which makes it difficult to balance. The line between OP and useless gets really thin when tied to a high cost, as it will most likely only be used once or twice a game. People expect it to deal an insane amount of damage for the cost. If it doesn't pay off, you won't get a second chance and have wasted a large amount of resources on nothing.

Reduce effectiveness and cost is probably the easiest way to go.
11 Oct 2015, 13:46 PM

The problem is packing too much power and cost in a single ability (or unit), which makes it difficult to balance. The line between OP and useless gets really thin when tied to a high cost, as it will most likely only be used once or twice a game. People expect it to deal an insane amount of damage for the cost. If it doesn't pay off, you won't get a second chance and have wasted a large amount of resources on nothing.

on point exactly.
11 Oct 2015, 13:58 PM

I did that? When? Stuka bomb should not be able to bomb the base imo. Same goes for incendiary artillery.
11 Oct 2015, 14:01 PM
Donator 11

In 1v1 its perfectly true as the match usually ends before you manage to gather 325, even in longest matches you rarely hit 1000 in whole match. On the other hand its perfectly viable and best even not considering the ability to put trucks in base on small 1v1 maps, most top players do it that way.

That said the ability works completely different in large games where every player spends thousands of muni in one match. In such conditions ability seems not only way cheaper and close to spammable but also trucks have to be put at the front line in order to make retreat time shorter. Still with enough cost the ability itself is more expensive that medic truck it kills.

To conclude the problem with ballancing is more that the ability seems to work completely different in each game mode and even if it will be cheaper and weaker the problem will probably persist. You can try to do it on this cost level as well...
11 Oct 2015, 14:03 PM

Losing a building that is 60 fuel and 200mp worth isn't that tragic to me, especially if that happens in the late game and the enemy is paying 325 ammo for it. I also never lose my Flak HQ because I place it far behind my lines.

However, if you place all your buildings at the frontline and even close to each other, it's entirely your fault and a L2P issue.

So, a 160 ammo axis offmap can kill an allied 600mp unit. But an allied 325 ammo offmap should not wipe a 60fuel and 200mp building. What kind of logic is that?!

You don't know much about okw, do you?
Losing "a building" is tragic for okw because that building is a tier building. The timing between trucks arrival is also a problem, because, even if he had the resources, OKW cannot quickly replace his tire building.
That little 60 fuel translates into much more for okw due to fuel penalty mechanics.
If you place your medic truck on the field and you don't place your t4 close to it, than I will tel you that you are the one with L2P issues. If you don't understand why, then your L2P problems are higher than I believed.
11 Oct 2015, 14:05 PM

A very good anti-blob tactic. He should do this on daily basis.
11 Oct 2015, 14:07 PM

In 1v1 its perfectly true as the match usually ends before you manage to gather 325, even in longest matches you rarely hit 1000 in whole match. On the other hand its perfectly viable and best even not considering the ability to put trucks in base on small 1v1 maps, most top players do it that way.

That said the ability works completely different in large games where every player spends thousands of muni in one match. In such conditions ability seems not only way cheaper and close to spammable but also trucks have to be put at the front line in order to make retreat time shorter. Still with enough cost the ability itself is more expensive that medic truck it kills.

To conclude the problem with ballancing is more that the ability seems to work completely different in each game mode and even if it will be cheaper and weaker the problem will probably persist. You can try to do it on this cost level as well...

Correct, I was only considering 1v1
11 Oct 2015, 14:21 PM

Coz people are shocked when off-map artillery actually does something. Look at all other arty abilities, they were useless for ages. Brits aside, only viable off-maps atm is stuka bomb, il2 bomb and incendiary. Thats whole 3 abilities for 4 factions.

Its too hard to step out of red flares, better to whine on forums.

11 Oct 2015, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 14:03 PMJohnnyB

You don't know much about okw, do you?

Enough to be rank 112

Losing "a building" is tragic for okw because that building is a tier building. The timing between trucks arrival is also a problem, because, even if he had the resources, OKW cannot quickly replace his tire building.

If you haven't built all buildings yet there will be most likely a truck standing in your base. By the time the bombs drop, you should have produced your needed units from the truck. OKW is not known for wasting squads and tanks.

That little 60 fuel translates into much more for okw due to fuel penalty mechanics.

:clap: You just told me I'd know little about OKW....

If you place your medic truck on the field and you don't place your t4 close to it, than I will tel you that you are the one with L2P issues. If you don't understand why, then your L2P problems are higher than I believed.

:facepalm:

Johnny, do me a favor and come back when you are less salty and have some actual arguments.
11 Oct 2015, 14:46 PM

It has ridiculous visuals but other than that it's not really OP, I think I've only really lost an ISG or a tier to it but everything else can easily dodge it, I don't know why people are so slow to react to it.

The only real problem of this ability though is when they throw it at the edge of your base and it ends up killing tech structures inside it.
11 Oct 2015, 16:12 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 13:29 PMShanka

OKW base placement was doomed even before the faction was released, ML20 B4 were introduced way before OKW, it's relic fault to be blind how porrly defended those trucks are against arty or call-in, and just saying ONLY this ability is ruining the entire OKW design is just hilarious, if we follow your way of thinking, everything that can destroy an OKW base truck is ruining OKW :D

Yes all of those things can destroy an OKW truck, yet they can either be decrewed or countered. As I said in my comments, I am against all call in arty to be able to destroy a full health OKW truck, not just Air superiority. Please, stop trying to tell people things I didn't say :foreveralone:

And Newflash CAS was not patched because patched means it's not over the top and in line with other commanders (in the case of a commander), planes just come a bit slower, it's not a patch, it's a slight nerf, the main problem still remains, you can pump out op strikes after op strikes :thumbsup:

And nerfs happen in a patch, which requires something to be patched. Lol. Yet you can dodge all of these easily, OKW trucks can't dodge total annihilation :foreveralone:

Wow what a skill, i need to drop a recon run , when i see troops retrating, wow i need to launch the strike when troops are near the ambulance (can we talk about the units getting stuck when they arrived on their retreat and not being able to move ? ) Yes Air supremacy don't need much skill either, but it's not like you got a big ass red circle on the minimap and 10 secs (not sure aboute the time) to GTFO <444>_<444>

We are discussing full health OKW trucks, which are static, that get wiped by a off map bombing run. You are then claiming that it is somehow balanced because things can get out of the big ass red circle because of the 10 secs it takes the bombers to get there. OKW trucks can't move after setup, think pls :foreveralone:

Yet I agree and like I said before, would love to see all call in arty to be adjusted and perhaps most of them removed, they are lame.

And don't say that i'm not objective while saying that you are, you are not superior to anyone to think that you tell the truth and somebody don't tell it :lol:

I don't even know what you are aiming for here. The fact that you tell me that there is plenty of time to dodge the Air superiority ability when we are discussing how it can destroy full health static OKW trucks, makes me think you don't have much grip on reality :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 759
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak