Login

russian armor

Why is Air Superiority "OP" ?

11 Oct 2015, 16:48 PM

One shotting OKW trucks with no chance of counter play is simply against core game mechanics since the game resolves around counter play.

Self Destruct should refund ~75% of the building resources or a flat number (150 / 30?), and call the next truck in instantly if a replacement isn't already on the field. That way you can counter-play bombing runs at a cost to yourself, but not completely nullify it's worth because you're still taking a hit.
Hat
11 Oct 2015, 17:18 PM

The other thing you mentioned is the complete block of OKW out of base buildings. Every static HQ is wiped after air superiority which is a big kick in the nuts for the OKW player from which he often cannot return. OKW HQs are meant to be placed outside the base. Yes it's risky but it's a fundamental part of their gameplay. This shouldn't be countered by only one ability.

An OKW should perhaps be more aggressive in taking the munitions to deny them the ability.

Also, the truck costs less than the ability...

Self Destruct should refund ~75% of the building resources or a flat number (150 / 30?), and call the next truck in instantly if a replacement isn't already on the field. That way you can counter-play bombing runs at a cost to yourself, but not completely nullify it's worth because you're still taking a hit.

That would be overpowerered, making dislodging OKW as any other faction impossible.
11 Oct 2015, 17:30 PM

I didnt play much 1v1s especially not as OKW but wouldnt that ability then allow a OKW player rush out a panther of panzer IV by destroying his building to get the 30 fuel to rush it out so unless its a cost reduction so the building is cheaper next time, I would not support this idea personally
11 Oct 2015, 17:32 PM

Yes all of those things can destroy an OKW truck, yet they can either be decrewed or countered. As I said in my comments, I am against all call in arty to be able to destroy a full health OKW truck, not just Air superiority. Please, stop trying to tell people things I didn't say :foreveralone:

And nerfs happen in a patch, which requires something to be patched. Lol. Yet you can dodge all of these easily, OKW trucks can't dodge total annihilation :foreveralone:

We are discussing full health OKW trucks, which are static, that get wiped by a off map bombing run. You are then claiming that it is somehow balanced because things can get out of the big ass red circle because of the 10 secs it takes the bombers to get there. OKW trucks can't move after setup, think pls :foreveralone:

Yet I agree and like I said before, would love to see all call in arty to be adjusted and perhaps most of them removed, they are lame.

I don't even know what you are aiming for here. The fact that you tell me that there is plenty of time to dodge the Air superiority ability when we are discussing how it can destroy full health static OKW trucks, makes me think you don't have much grip on reality :foreveralone:

You just don't understand the role of this strike, this strike his meant to clear OKW position, and structure, what on earth will you hit if base could move, it's like the 50 kg IL2 it's meant to destroy static things not an army who can insta retreat.
11 Oct 2015, 17:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 17:32 PMShanka

You just don't understand the role of this strike, this strike his meant to clear OKW position, and structure, what on earth will you hit if base could move, it's like the 50 kg IL2 it's meant to destroy static things not an army who can insta retreat.

This is exactly it. If it doesn't clear static stuff, it's whole point is useless.

OKW want to have their bases safe? Don't build them so aggressively. If you do build them aggressively, you've had a whole 12cps worth of advantage. If your base gets destroyed, build another. Lost 2 or more? Well, you built them all in a camp spot. Well done, someone just used an anti camp ability on you.

That simple.
11 Oct 2015, 17:43 PM

3 min reserved truck it problem in late game Right ?
11 Oct 2015, 17:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 12:22 PMShanka
You can't call it in base, if there is more than one truck that dies in the strike, it's your fault for putting your HQ too close

And i just see axis player claiming it's op shit, ok so can we talk about CAS, that commander being able to shut down arty piece with 2 clicks

Losing your HQ and all the troops is just what we endure has allies with this fella(CAS and other commanders), "oh look i'm gonna pop a 50Kg bomb on your retreat point and everything will die"

I understand that this is not the same ammount of firepower, but for the price if it doesn't kill the truck, it's garbage, if air supremacy get toned down, the price needs to drop too

Air supremacy will be nerfed when CAS will get withdrawn from the game.

Actually it is already being nerfed, along with other units that
Allow centaur and churchillbabies to crutch their way to easy victory.
11 Oct 2015, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 17:57 PMChet

Actually it is already being nerfed, along with other units that
Allow centaur and churchillbabies to crutch their way to easy victory.

Yea but i think it will still OS trucks, the aoe reduction feels more for the inf and tanks

I still believe in CAS being removed :foreveralone:
11 Oct 2015, 18:01 PM

Permanently Banned
Come on guys, the carpet bombing is ridiculous. It needs this nerf. Thhey also need to add a delay to the hawker typhoon anti-everything strafes to the same levels as every other skill plane. As there is currently 0 delay at all when you call them in. Plus they only cost 200 while they should cost 240. Hope relic takes note of this.
11 Oct 2015, 18:11 PM

Come on guys, the carpet bombing is ridiculous. It needs this nerf. Thhey also need to add a delay to the hawker typhoon anti-everything strafes to the same levels as every other skill plane. As there is currently 0 delay at all when you call them in. Plus they only cost 200 while they should cost 240. Hope relic takes note of this.

And, may I ask what your arguments are?
11 Oct 2015, 18:16 PM

I'm completly on with you on the typhoon strike, needs a more clear target, inf or armor we don't know what it's made for<444>_<444>
11 Oct 2015, 18:23 PM

Come on guys, the carpet bombing is ridiculous. It needs this nerf. Thhey also need to add a delay to the hawker typhoon anti-everything strafes to the same levels as every other skill plane. As there is currently 0 delay at all when you call them in. Plus they only cost 200 while they should cost 240.

Nope, they need to buff all other underpowered arty abilities, especially ones like 300 ammo OKW zeroing arty to appropriate level.

Off maps should be able to influence game and change fights drastically, not something nobody uses for sake of demos and mines which infinitely more cost efficient in comparison to most 10s-lol-delay-before-arriving off-maps.
11 Oct 2015, 18:33 PM

Permanently Banned

This is exactly it. If it doesn't clear static stuff, it's whole point is useless.

OKW want to have their bases safe? Don't build them so aggressively. If you do build them aggressively, you've had a whole 12cps worth of advantage. If your base gets destroyed, build another. Lost 2 or more? Well, you built them all in a camp spot. Well done, someone just used an anti camp ability on you.

That simple.

So it was designed to totally annihilate OKW trucks and make them lose the ability to make certain units and in 99% of the cases lose the game. Legit, nice design there.
11 Oct 2015, 18:33 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 18:23 PMJadame!

Nope, they need to buff all other underpowered arty abilities, especially ones like 300 ammo OKW zeroing arty to appropriate level.

Off maps should be able to influence game and change fights drastically, not something nobody uses for sake of demos and mines which infinitely more cost efficient in comparison to most 10s-lol-delay-before-arriving off-maps.
Zeroing artillery is just bugged and broken garbage. Carpet bombing was over the top that made okw forward truck play useless which IMO is needed because okw is so subpar in the infantry game until you get vetted call in infantry and obers. Thats not fair.

THERE are a lot of bad off mpas, but we don't need thi game to turn into company of indirect fire and arty strikes. Thats just bad gameplay. We've already gotten a heavy dose of what thats like with isg/pack howie spam.
11 Oct 2015, 18:49 PM

Zeroing artillery is just bugged and broken garbage.

Thats exactly my point.

Carpet bombing was over the top that made okw forward truck play useless which IMO is needed because okw is so subpar in the infantry game until you get vetted call in infantry and obers. Thats not fair.

No arguing there, but i think Relic nerfed it in a wrong way. Air supremacy should have something like 10 minutes cd, but worth it cost.

THERE are a lot of bad off mpas, but we don't need thi game to turn into company of indirect fire and arty strikes. Thats just bad gameplay. We've already gotten a heavy dose of what thats like with isg/pack howie spam.

So, mines and demos, eh? There is thin line between company of this and company of that, but i think more options to counter static play and AT guns walls would only improve game. Ofc, as said before, air supremacy should be nerfed in some way, currently it too spammable and too powerful. But at the end, it should worth it, and not turn into garbage of majority of another off-maps, which need buffs.

Its a bad gameplay while one side get all doomsday device abilities, but, as i said, if both get them as viable and balanced option to reliably to some extend counter camping and pak walls, it would be for the best, at least from my perspective.

11 Oct 2015, 18:58 PM

So what would change if they distributed the 2 lines of bombs which go through the middle, within the whole circle? It wouldn't insta destroy any OKW buildings, but still remain deadly.
11 Oct 2015, 18:59 PM

Lock trucks building into the base and the problem is solved. Air supremacy will not make anymore damage to them.

I think that if Relic made the ability so powerful and so expensive, they obviously had in mind that it can OS OKW trucks deployed on the field.

Maybe you should considere it as part of the gameplay. O Relic to change their mind.
11 Oct 2015, 19:01 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 18:49 PMJadame!

Thats exactly my point.

No arguing there, but i think Relic nerfed it in a wrong way. Air supremacy should have something like 10 minutes cd, but worth it cost.

So, mines and demos, eh? There is thin line between company of this and company of that, but i think more options to counter static play and AT guns walls would only improve game. Ofc, as said before, air supremacy should be nerfed in some way, currently it too spammable and too powerful. But at the end, it should worth it, and not turn into garbage of majority of another off-maps, which need buffs.

Its a bad gameplay while one side get all doomsday device abilities, but, as i said, if both get them as viable and balanced option to reliably to some extend counter camping and pak walls, it would be for the best, at least from my perspective.

From my experience, playing statically isn't very rewarding at this point in the game. Off map artillery strikes don't really counter pak walls as much as say on map mortars and isgs/pack howies do. Cost comparitively atleast.

The most static factions are ostheer and brits. Ostheer can't help it because they are super reliant on weapon crews, indirect fire spam already does very well against them because without weapon crews grenadiers just get fucked by allied infantry. And brits with mortar pits and hunkering down in green cover.

So currently, I agree with carpet bombing nerf and want a hawker thphoon nerf so it is in line with other skill planes. But other than those 2 abilities nothing else rings a bell as being OP. If those abilties are nerfed, and relic just goes through the list of artillery strikes and reasonably increases the effectiveness of the ones that are bad that would be better option. Because as a whole every faction would have more reliable and useful off maps. Not just one faction doesn't have shit and the other faction has lots of useful ones. Its better if everyone has their arty strikes at point where you think "oh I'll probably use that it will come in handy" instead of what we have now where we never touch almost every artillery ability because they are trash.

Its hard to balance artillery because go too far and its just no skill wipe anything anywhere for X price or never be used ever.

But since relic doesn't really play or know the game well enough I doubt that would happen unless the community makes a big deal out of it. And that would be better off as a community patch if that ever becomes a thing.
11 Oct 2015, 19:27 PM
Donator 11

apart from 1 wiped Gren squad and a dozen of destroyed Battlegroup HQ.

So, what's the problem?

Not to entirely sure myself, also it doesn't destroy HQs in one go half the time either, it's mostly a coinflip toss when doing so.

What i think it is, is people being lazy wanting easy wins and don't want their "plans" being fudged with.

This is kinda where I stand tbh. Reducing the size of the AOE should just bring down the cost of the ability.

It comes out super late, requires a crap ton of muni and is behind a doctrine which requires LOS to deploy. Most of the time I see OKW players plop all 3 trucks right next to one another and turn it into some impenetrable fortress of Shwer HQ and Leig spam followed by a pak 43 if you let them get to late game.

11 Oct 2015, 19:43 PM
Benefactor 392

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 19:27 PMMittens

Not to entirely sure myself, also it doesn't destroy HQs in one go half the time either, it's mostly a coinflip toss when doing so.

What i think it is, is people being lazy wanting easy wins and don't want their "plans" being fudged with.

This is kinda where I stand tbh. Reducing the size of the AOE should just bring down the cost of the ability.

It comes out super late, requires a crap ton of muni and is behind a doctrine which requires LOS to deploy. Most of the time I see OKW players plop all 3 trucks right next to one another and turn it into some impenetrable fortress of Shwer HQ and Leig spam followed by a pak 43 if you let them get to late game.

i think half your comment gimped O_O

why are these comments broken?!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight