Login

russian armor

OKW Resources

3 Oct 2015, 08:43 AM

But flavor

Salty seems to be dominant one :sibHyena:
3 Oct 2015, 08:48 AM

OKW definitely feels off right now. Nobody goes Mechanized opening because of how much the ISG is overperforming.

Also because against Brits, you have to go fast Jagdpanzer or lose to Centaur. There's no choice in the matter.
3 Oct 2015, 08:53 AM

Also because against Brits, you have to go fast Jagdpanzer or lose to Centaur. There's no choice in the matter.

Well, brits have to go centaur or lose by default and there is no alternative play without giving the game up.
3 Oct 2015, 09:06 AM

Well, brits have to go centaur or lose by default and there is no alternative play without giving the game up.

That's not true. Brits have a solid core play with good mainline infantry, HMG & sniper. By the time you get the Centaur you could've unlocked upgrades, equipped your infantry and win by potent classical play.
However as always people chose they easiest route to victory and Centaur is pretty much GG when your opponent has not enough AT that point.
3 Oct 2015, 09:27 AM

It's really hard to balance a faction if you assume, it won't get 100% income.

I'm 100% for full income + trucks (300MP) increasng income from points but it must come along with other changes.

1. Increase teching cost. 300/60 300/60 300/140.
This would lead to useless Luchs, so I'd swap Luchs with JPIV and increase its fuel price to 70.

2. Increase price of some upgrades/abilities. For example LMG34 to 120ammo to bring in line with other LMG upgrades. Infiltration nades to 25 at least.

3. Remove Panzer Schrecks from Volks. WIth 100% ammo income we would see again pure Volks blob. Give them Panzerfaust and move schrecks to SP or make completly new squad in T1/T2 which can be equipped with 1/2 Panzerschrecks.

4. Remove resources transfer from T2.

Just some of my thoughts.
3 Oct 2015, 11:25 AM
Donator 11

I dont like the current OKW play... Volks blob into ISG blob into JP4 blob...
OKW still need a massive overhaul imo.
3 Oct 2015, 12:54 PM

The problem is that removing the resource penalty doesn't address their underwhelming early game vs Soviet and USF. I'd actually buff volks and make a unit of mainline infantry (like panzerfusiliers, but cooler and more mechanized, maybe with mp40s) in Mech tier, while of course nerfing ISG. This way T1 is for volks support (kinda like soviet t2) and T2 adds some powerful units to the composition.
3 Oct 2015, 12:56 PM

The only reliable strategy for OKW in 2v2's is to get fusiliers and volks.

I've tried literally everything else with every other commander. Nothing is more reliable than that because RNG doesn't screw with you when it decides that your 4 man obersquads needs to be instakilled by a stray HE round from a sherman.

Plus, Jagdtiger is like the sole counter to churchill crocodile unless you want to suffer.

agree though a few jp4 helps a lot as well vs crocodiles
3 Oct 2015, 13:09 PM

It's really hard to balance a faction if you assume, it won't get 100% income.

I'm 100% for full income + trucks (300MP) increasng income from points but it must come along with other changes.

1. Increase teching cost. 300/60 300/60 300/140.
This would lead to useless Luchs, so I'd swap Luchs with JPIV and increase its fuel price to 70.

2. Increase price of some upgrades/abilities. For example LMG34 to 120ammo to bring in line with other LMG upgrades. Infiltration nades to 25 at least.

3. Remove Panzer Schrecks from Volks. WIth 100% ammo income we would see again pure Volks blob. Give them Panzerfaust and move schrecks to SP or make completly new squad in T1/T2 which can be equipped with 1/2 Panzerschrecks.

4. Remove resources transfer from T2.

Just some of my thoughts.

That actually sounds pretty good. Except losing the Jp4 and the shreks is going to really screw their AT capability. Since the Centaur can instantly kill raketen crew's and Pumas (unless kited).
3 Oct 2015, 13:10 PM

I think penalty should remain, its part of OKW core design.

What they need is vet overhaul, cost/performance adjustment for some vehicles, small buffs to elite infantry and new commanders.

Yeah, and offmaps. OKW 300muni zeroing arty is such a joke.
3 Oct 2015, 13:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2015, 13:09 PMCorsin

That actually sounds pretty good. Except losing the Jp4 and the shreks is going to really screw their AT capability. Since the Centaur can instantly kill raketen crew's and Pumas (unless kited).

Centaur will be nerfed at some point.
And with 100% income, JP4 in Med truck is like Jackson vaible from Lieutent.
Sure, it won't fight any tanks but 9min Jackson would shut down whole light vehicle gameplay,when the point is to increase early-mid game, so we might see Luchs; Stuart; T70; AC; 222; Puma; 251/17
instead of JP4 shuting down all allied liht vehicles.
3 Oct 2015, 14:39 PM

Permanently Banned
Should be manpower penalty instead of fuel penalty. This makes spamming less of a problem and also puts some pressure on actually saving your infantry as OKW.

How many times I lost a squad and simply thought, Oh well I have to spend this 1200 mp on something :banana:
3 Oct 2015, 14:45 PM

Making the MG34 not garbage and giving the Rackten 60 range would go a long way towards making it easier on OKW. Currently the short range of the rackten combined with the set up time makes it easy to kill once it's uncloaked, not to mention the crew clumping.

Garrisoning it is suicidal since the flame changes as well.

3 Oct 2015, 14:57 PM

I think the okw needs a massive overhaul that goes way beyond tech increase + income buff. They are a complete mishmash right now, and have only been able to survive due to singular overpowered units (old volks blob, new isg)

The trucks are cool but the entire army needs a design rework, there's just so much wrong now
3 Oct 2015, 15:22 PM

Making the MG34 not garbage and giving the Rackten 60 range would go a long way towards making it easier on OKW. Currently the short range of the rackten combined with the set up time makes it easy to kill once it's uncloaked, not to mention the crew clumping.

Garrisoning it is suicidal since the flame changes as well.

I agree on MG34 to an extent but the Puppchen is fine. Cloak, retreat, and absolutely INSANE scaling make it a good at gun.
3 Oct 2015, 15:49 PM

i would fold the inf vet to only 3 lvls of vet since the okw has no reduced mp income, along the way dropping some of the bonuses so their inf vet matches the vet of allied units.

switching the mg 34 and the kubel would give more options rather then just volks, and okw would have a suppresion unit that can be use the whole game.

elite inf (falls, jeagers, obers) need adjusments

offmaps need adjustments

leave the reduced fuel income but make it so that the okw panther exp need for vet 5 is the same as for the osthers panther vet 3, and other tanks ofc

muni income back to 100% since i dont know what does okw get for reduced muni income, better off maps? better granades? better mines?

the raketten has no scaling sice it cant live long due to te bunched up crew, i would trade the retreat option any day for supressino imunitiy (i just love how the m5 or the usf ht supress it in 2 sec)
remove the retreat and give it 60 range and make it 280,290 mp
(zis has camo in a doctrine witch hardly sees any use)

3 Oct 2015, 16:15 PM

I think you guys are running wild with the suggestion a small buff to volks damage would go a long way to make okw a much much better faction.
3 Oct 2015, 18:35 PM

Yep me too, would love to field a panther at the 5Min mark.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★