Login

russian armor

OKW Resources

3 Oct 2015, 01:33 AM

OKW by many accounts is underperforming in 1v1 at the moment. the ISG is very good I know but that seems to be it for the faction in terms of strategies.

There was a time when OKW had many overperforming units and abilities that made up for their resource penalty, but now after many nerfs their units seem to perform at cost, which makes sense.

But then the question is what do OKW really get for their resource defficiency? the 5 levels of vet and less expensive tech are not enough i feel to outweigh their limited fuel and munitions income.

Mabye other changes can be made, but i'm just wondering how people feel about the resources at this point in time. Or mabye its fine and OKW is actually pretty stong b/c of cheap tech and Endless Kts, or they are just weak b/c of the KV8/Flamers/centaur not their limited resources.

Please Focus on resource defficiencies and its costs/ the other benifits OKW gets though!
3 Oct 2015, 01:47 AM
Donator 11

To me, playing OKW right now feels like playing as a quadruple amputee (the majority of their units) with a really strong robot arm (a few elite good units) held on by glue (LeiG).
3 Oct 2015, 02:34 AM

Yeah i think their teching should be made more expensive and should get rid of the resource deficiency.

When OKW first came out, They were pretty good and it was worth it. But now after all the nerfs its just an unneeded handicap.

As soon as the LeiG gets nerfed they'll be back to the state they were pre-brits.
3 Oct 2015, 02:38 AM

Honestly if the LIEG gets a nerf, which it hopefully will because its ruining the game, the OKW will be awful.

The problem is if they give the faction what it really needs: no more resource penalty, and non doctrinal supprression then there really is almost no point to picking Ostheer.

The whole "lets make this faction fun and unique" is a great idea... until you try and balance it with 4 other factions. Same problem they are going to have with the British and finding a way for emplacements to live in the game and not be either overwhelmingly OP or completely useless like they are now.
3 Oct 2015, 03:17 AM

well actually allied got buffed so taht maybe the reason adn the supposed elites are not performing good
3 Oct 2015, 03:19 AM

OKW gets worse units with resource penalty compared to what allies get. Their 5 levels of vet are on some units unachievable and sometimes worse compared to some allies units with 3 levels of vet.

Their 'elite' infantry loses to commandos and shocks while obers lose to vetted and upgraded rifles & tommies.

3 Oct 2015, 03:25 AM

But flavor
3 Oct 2015, 03:43 AM

If they gave them no resource penalty they would become seriously OP over night. Their quick teching and early powerful tanks would be way too OP with normal resources.

I think their problems lie in their elite infantry not packing the power to fight toe-to-toe with the vet allied infantry they meet at the point they come out. I think just a small buff to obers would do them wonders. Volks are fine, we don't want to go back to the blobs.

There also the case of the missing suppression unit. Relic is just going to need to find a replacement for the MG34 in the commanders because they need a suppression unit that lasts past the early game. Then they can make the kubel a normal scout capping car like it was in alpha.

Basically their armor game is fine. Les but earlier, and powerful armor. It's just that their infantry has started lacking vs the buffed scaling of allied infantry.
3 Oct 2015, 04:07 AM

If they gave them no resource penalty they would become seriously OP over night. Their quick teching and early powerful tanks would be way too OP with normal resources.

I think their problems lie in their elite infantry not packing the power to fight toe-to-toe with the vet allied infantry they meet at the point they come out. I think just a small buff to obers would do them wonders. Volks are fine, we don't want to go back to the blobs.

There also the case of the missing suppression unit. Relic is just going to need to find a replacement for the MG34 in the commanders because they need a suppression unit that lasts past the early game. Then they can make the kubel a normal scout capping car like it was in alpha.

Basically their armor game is fine. Les but earlier, and powerful armor. It's just that their infantry has started lacking vs the buffed scaling of allied infantry.

If you haven't read he also said increase their tech costs.
3 Oct 2015, 04:52 AM

If you haven't read he also said increase their tech costs.
Still would be OP. They have pretty much the best selection of units in the game. No normal faction would have such potent tools in every class. The only reason they do is because of the resource penalty.

Besides the resource penalty is what defines them. Without that they are just whermacht on steroids.
3 Oct 2015, 05:17 AM

OKW gets worse units with resource penalty compared to what allies get. Their 5 levels of vet are on some units unachievable and sometimes worse compared to some allies units with 3 levels of vet.

Their 'elite' infantry loses to commandos and shocks while obers lose to vetted and upgraded rifles & tommies.

They also have the option of increasing their resource income with the Mechanized truck. This shouldn't be overlooked. I think a lot of players are ignoring this entire structure in favour of ISG --> tanks but it's well worth getting imo.

Flack halftrack...
3 Oct 2015, 05:29 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I think OKW probably needs a huge batch of simultaneous changes to accommodate 100% munitions income and an ISG nerf, but I think both of those things would make the game more fun for both sides.
3 Oct 2015, 05:45 AM
Patrion 14

The only reliable strategy for OKW in 2v2's is to get fusiliers and volks.

I've tried literally everything else with every other commander. Nothing is more reliable than that because RNG doesn't screw with you when it decides that your 4 man obersquads needs to be instakilled by a stray HE round from a sherman.

Plus, Jagdtiger is like the sole counter to churchill crocodile unless you want to suffer.
3 Oct 2015, 05:52 AM
Patrion 14

i agree with OP. i think okw in 3v3+ are even outshined except for ISG.

an appropriately priced global upgrade that either improves their infantry or support weapon + sturmpio or vehicles?
3 Oct 2015, 06:02 AM

OKW definitely feels off right now. Nobody goes Mechanized opening because of how much the ISG is overperforming. Problem is that its really hard to tweak the resource penalty without also changing a lot of other things like costs of vehicles/teching etc. 100% Munitions income makes me fear for Shrek blobs too. I'm not sure Relic wants to more or less completely overhaul a faction like that (let alone do it correctly without making a mess of the balance).

Would be nice if Volks were tweaked to make them less spammy and less sucky at early game. Stock suppression unit would be nice too so you wouldn't see Luft. Ground forces every other match. Not quite sure exactly what all needs to be done but something definitely does.
3 Oct 2015, 06:22 AM

Coming to the game COH2 cleanskin relatively recently with no preconceptions or what OKW used to be baggage, but with thousands of hours of COH1 automatch gameplay experience over > 8 years.

As someone who still plays COH PE in their current fragile nerfed state having played most patches before their "final" patch Übernerf, and remembers when they used to actually be balanced and FUN to play I see parallels with OKW in COH2 now.

OKW are just beyond excruciatingly frustrating to play in their current state in 1v1. 1+(n)v1+(n) games buffer that to an extent when partnered with a Wehr player, but the OKW resource model excacerbated by other shortcomings renders them NOT FUN to play.
3 Oct 2015, 07:38 AM

I feel like with OKW you need 66-75% of the map for most of the game in order to not be crushed by tanks. I think we can try Romeos suggestion of equalizing at least the munitions. The other suggestion I have is to keep the penalty, make teching more costly but reduce the fuel on units. This will make you more locked into your tech choice but you can get more out of each truck. I always hate getting my trucks so quickly but waiting forever for a PIV or a JPIV so I can go head on with tanks. Plus this may also cut down on infantry blobbing.
3 Oct 2015, 07:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Oct 2015, 05:29 AMRomeo
I think OKW probably needs a huge batch of simultaneous changes to accommodate 100% munitions income and an ISG nerf, but I think both of those things would make the game more fun for both sides.

Remove shrecks on volks, give them pfaust and put OkW at 100% muni income.

Think of all the fun stuff you can do with mines, nades and commander abilities.
And it would also indirectly buff the raketten, since volks will now reliably snare enemy vehicle's.

But i doubt this will ever happen.
3 Oct 2015, 08:03 AM

3 Oct 2015, 08:41 AM

But then we need to make teching mre expensive , puma at least 80 fuel , flacktrack can be where it is , stuka go to 120 F, JP4 to at least 150 F , panther and p4 is fine , but panther wil need to locked until you tech in flakc hq something like anvil and hammer on brits , lcuh will need to go to 70 fuel and kingtiger will need to be locked behind all tiers + some fuel payment + also make it only 1 on fiel. Or remove kingtiger and replace it with panther so you get panther after all tech building. Then it can be balanced
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★