Login

russian armor

Anti Base Artillery

30 Sep 2015, 16:53 PM

Why is it still possible to throw some off map arty abilities, like the railgun, while all others "not allowed" on the base sector. Either ban all abilities on base sectors or allow them all.
30 Sep 2015, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 16:53 PMmadin2
Why is it still possible to throw some off map arty abilities, like the railgun, while all others "not allowed" on the base sector. Either ban all abilities on base sectors or allow them all.
Other than the Brit call-in artillery, every other faction doesn't have this issue because they're older than the Brits.
30 Sep 2015, 17:08 PM

Generally the reason they don't allow some strikes in the base is so players can't just use them to destroy base buildings. So the more damage heavy ones aren't allowed.
30 Sep 2015, 17:35 PM

They started it with scavenge arty which could 1 shot usf bases if you stored enough munis, but if you can destroy a base with arty its either
A. Not just the arty is destroying the base
B. The arty is too strong, nerf it vs buildings(i think Units are fair game since they can move and take potentially 0 damage)
30 Sep 2015, 17:42 PM

This is something I have bought up before. Abilities should be consistent for fair play but they are not simply because some are deemed too powerful. In this case none of the call ins should be able to hit the base sector. It is a low key concern, but a simple and rewarding change to the game.

On this note abilities that RNG could affect the base sector should also not allowed to be used. We have already seen them do it. Grenadier's rifle grenades clearly show the range of which can be damaged, and can simply be added to any strike with a circle.

My main concern is the Air superiority British Call in bombing run. Not only is op currently (even if it couldnt be used on the base sector) but you can still center the strike on a location at the corner of the base sector and nuke the base This should not be allowed, and by extension no ability should be able to do this.
30 Sep 2015, 20:24 PM

Generally the reason they don't allow some strikes in the base is so players can't just use them to destroy base buildings. So the more damage heavy ones aren't allowed.

Railgun strike is not heavy?

30 Sep 2015, 20:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Sep 2015, 20:24 PMmadin2
Railgun strike is not heavy?

It's just one of those things that is inconsistent because it changed over time. Once the Railway Gun and Stuka Bomb were the heaviest off-map bombs in the game. But since WFA we've had introduced stronger and stronger abilities, first ban was on OKW Salvage Artillery and USF 240mm Howitzer Barrage, but with the addition of the British and their over-the-top abilities, it's been extended to Heavy Flame Mortar, Air Supremacy, Concentrated Barrage, and probably a couple others.
30 Sep 2015, 21:06 PM

What the fuck is the point of having a base if Relic makes it ridiculously difficult to kill it?

Especially when VP tick rate is impossibly slow, it takes 15 minutes with all three vp's captured to even win the game.
30 Sep 2015, 21:12 PM

What the fuck is the point of having a base if Relic makes it ridiculously difficult to kill it?

Uh, the base is your safe zone, it's where you retreat, regroup, reinforce, heal, etc. What do you think it's supposed to be?
30 Sep 2015, 21:36 PM

Especially when VP tick rate is impossibly slow, it takes 15 minutes with all three vp's captured to even win the game.

Wait you don't like games longer than 15min? Axis don't even get going until 12-15min into a game. Maybe you should try FPS games if 15min seems too long for a game...
1 Oct 2015, 05:26 AM
Patrion 28

all the globals from the original factions (except sector artillery for obvious reasons) can be used in all sectors. WFA added some limits on especially powerful globals such as 240mm and assault artillery as well as scavenge artillery later on.
1 Oct 2015, 07:10 AM

Wow, 15 minutes???? That long????? What do you want, i 3 minute game like Pacman?
:jk:

I agree with you for the first part!
1 Oct 2015, 11:07 AM

Ridiculously difficult? I don't think making the player actually use their units to attack enemy base buildings in person is unreasonable, rather than just being able to bomb it from the safety of their Officers mess.
1 Oct 2015, 11:16 AM

My main concern is the Air superiority British Call in bombing run. Not only is op currently (even if it couldnt be used on the base sector) but you can still center the strike on a location at the corner of the base sector and nuke the base This should not be allowed, and by extension no ability should be able to do this.

I'm pretty sure Air superiority can't be called in on base sectors. What is happening instead is that the radius of the ability is so large that when it is used just outside of the base sector half of the bombs will hit well inside the base. On some maps much of the base is still safe, on other maps...

1 Oct 2015, 11:20 AM

Actually, its bit over 8 mins with all 3 VPs.
1 Oct 2015, 12:44 PM

I'm pretty sure Air superiority can't be called in on base sectors. What is happening instead is that the radius of the ability is so large that when it is used just outside of the base sector half of the bombs will hit well inside the base. On some maps much of the base is still safe, on other maps...

Yea, and all they have to do, is when you click on an off map call-in, show you the circle and:
1) If the circle is at all within the base sector you cannot use it there
2) there is 0%chance of it hitting the base sector you can use it there

Really my point is that I believe it is a fixable abuse that is happening.
1 Oct 2015, 18:48 PM

Uh, the base is your safe zone, it's where you retreat, regroup, reinforce, heal, etc. What do you think it's supposed to be?

It shouldn't be 100% safe. It should only be safe in the early stages of the game where the bunkers can help prevent you from being followed by infantry and light vehicles. There should be a point in the game where you can be harassed in your base.

Actually, its bit over 8 mins with all 3 VPs.

The entire game takes around ~13-15 minutes.

Quick lab to demonstrate a "realistic" triple cap win still takes forever.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★