Login

russian armor

Would you like to see AngryJoe get more involved with COH2?

25 Sep 2015, 05:28 AM

First off I would like to give kudos to AngryJoe for showcasing this game, this is the kind of love that the game needs and him not being afraid to tell it how it is with the warspoils was spot on. Second, cheers to Hans and the other guys that played with Joe and showed him what this game was really about. Now to the main point of this post, would you like to see Joe get more involved with the CoH2 community?
25 Sep 2015, 05:37 AM

I'd love to see him do so.
Giving some more main stream exposure to a niche game like CoH2 is a positive thing, IMO. And if it brings in new people to the community, Joe included, I think that'd be awesome.
25 Sep 2015, 05:41 AM

In the current state of the game? No.
25 Sep 2015, 05:44 AM

I think more of his involvement would cause Relic to actually take into consideration our balance complaints and our recommendations and less over the top BS to avoid bad publicity.
25 Sep 2015, 06:17 AM

I think more of his involvement would cause Relic to actually take into consideration our balance complaints and our recommendations and less over the top BS to avoid bad publicity.

Agree.
Hux
25 Sep 2015, 06:38 AM
Patrion 14

I fuckin love angry Joe.

the weight his views carry, coupled with his stance on the monetisation model could be very beneficial (not for Relic) but for the rest of the community.
25 Sep 2015, 07:01 AM
Donator 11

This game could really use the recognition from Joe and a few other streamers that I've noticed also pick up the game because of the Brits release. I can tolerate a few more "imbalanced" posts so long as Relic keeps updating, improving and adding on to the game. What I hope for is that the statement about DLC commanders may make Relic consider to improve some of the crap vanilla commanders but that may be too hopeful.
25 Sep 2015, 07:28 AM

The game is in great shape right now, the main problems are Bugs, Brits, and over Buffs.

Fix the game-breaking bugs they keep introducing, make the Brits less bipolar (UP and OP, like old OKW) and knock Riflemen and Conscripts Vet 3 received accuracy vet back a few numbers. Then things will really shine.
25 Sep 2015, 07:35 AM
Donator 22

There is no such thing as bad publicity.
25 Sep 2015, 07:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 07:35 AMMortar
There is no such thing as bad publicity.

Well, not really.
You can do some controversy in the game and that=free advertisement, but if something is bad in the game and the word spreads, a lot of potential players might not even try the game in the first place.
25 Sep 2015, 07:41 AM

Permanently Banned

This statement just shows how sad the situation actually has become
25 Sep 2015, 07:45 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 07:40 AMKatitof

Well, not really.
You can do some controversy in the game and that=free advertisement, but if something is bad in the game and the word spreads, a lot of potential players might not even try the game in the first place.

That makes no sense. If someone doesn't try the game cause of bad publicity, how is that any different from the same person not buying it cause they never hear of it?

In both cases, they don't try it right? So bad publicity makes no difference in this scenario.

Meanwhile, the other people who ignore the bad publicity and try it are folks who are added to the game population that otherwise wouldn't be there because they would never have heard of it.

25 Sep 2015, 07:45 AM

who the fuck is angry joe
25 Sep 2015, 07:50 AM

The game is in great shape right now, the main problems are Bugs, Brits, and over Buffs.

Fix the game-breaking bugs they keep introducing, make the Brits less bipolar (UP and OP, like old OKW) and knock Riflemen and Conscripts Vet 3 received accuracy vet back a few numbers. Then things will really shine.

Yes the game is in an excellent state right now except for all the things that make it a hot mess.
25 Sep 2015, 07:50 AM

He's a game reviewer, and he's not going to invest a ton of time in the competitive scene of one particular game (he doesn't even do that with the games he gives a 10, and if he reviewed CoH2 it would probably get around an 8). I'm not saying he's never going to play/stream the game again, maybe he will even do an actual review for the full game now, but anything beyond that is a pipe dream.
25 Sep 2015, 08:01 AM

Would be a good thing to do and perhaps Relic is going to chance some things quickly for ESL (MVGame)
25 Sep 2015, 08:12 AM
Patrion 26

AngryJoe lel... It`s better to ask someone who enjoys RTS and plays them competitively to stream the game or review it. Instead of a guy who gets paid to review games.

Hux
25 Sep 2015, 08:27 AM
Patrion 14

AngryJoe lel... It`s better to ask someone who enjoys RTS and plays them competitively to stream the game or review it. Instead of a guy who gets paid to review games.

Which kind of person watches the stream of someone who plays strategy games and doesn't already know about CoH in at least some capacity?

I think the point is with AJ streaming it is that on his stream there probably are a lot of people unfamiliar with CoH and therefore its good for getting publicity to a wider audience.

Agree with Basilone though, I'd love more popularity to come as a result of this but AJ will probably stop playing in a week.

Inb4 he's top 10 all factions.

25 Sep 2015, 09:05 AM

Yes the game is in an excellent state right now except for all the things that make it a hot mess.

Well if you want to take such a negative view, you won't find any positivity in life.
25 Sep 2015, 09:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 08:27 AMHux

Which kind of person watches the stream of someone who plays strategy games and doesn't already know about CoH in at least some capacity?

Millions upon millions of SC2 fanboys?
Though that is a rather close minded target.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 88

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight