Login

russian armor

Angry Joe plays Company of Heroes 2 British Forces

24 Sep 2015, 22:43 PM
Patrion 14

I think :

Sega paid him for make this video

Don't know why he will make a video on a unknow game lol

If you read the description of the video very closely, you can see that Sega indeed asked him to review the game.
And you know what, that's perfectly normal, it's called marketing.
24 Sep 2015, 22:55 PM
24 Sep 2015, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2015, 14:48 PMKatitof

SEGA, EA, Ubisoft, even Square Enix.

All of the "big players" go for what can leech most money and because it works and because players buy everything contrary to what 1% on forum screams it will only further go in that direction.

Why do you think all AAA games are littered with DLCs and micropays?
Why there is an avalanche of bad F2P games recently?
Why literally ALL of indie games are success?

People are willing to throw away money, players are lowering their standards and will buy anything and everything, when they have a feeling that extra money will help them win, they will go for it.

CoH2 isn't an exception here, we can either take what content they give us or quit gaming at all, because we won't change masses literally throwing money at shitty games and supporting shitty monetization decisions with their own wallets.

Yeah this is pretty much spot on.

I can even admit I am part of the problem, after 100's of hours on no commander drops, even I have caved in to buy commanders I really wanted to use.

25 Sep 2015, 00:25 AM
Patrion 14

Guys you make it sound like you can`t get the items unless you buy them. At least they added warspoils that have a chance to drop the commanders so I don`t see a reason for all your hate about paid DLC.
Play some games and you might get a chance to get a commander....
You do realize they have to get money from somwhere to pay for the server hosting and people salaries. Money don`t just magically appear

this.

i got one of the croc commander dropped. that is like free $5 CAD, i mean should the commanders have been included in the first place? who knows, but still pretty kewl.

25 Sep 2015, 00:38 AM

Sacrébleu when did Angry Joe Vargas get so fat! He needs to start reviewing a bunch of wii-fit games.

He also should start following Totalbiscuit's example on proper disclosure of sponsored content on Youtube. Such as verbally/visually disclosing that Sega paid him at the beginning of the video and at the end of it, you shouldn't only mention it on the description that 90% of viewers ignore. He is still amongst the best reviewers in gaming though!

Honestly Relic/Sega can't do proper DLC.
Players don't like having gameplay in competitive multiplayer games locked behind a paywall, it's fine for SP content tough. Moreover the terrible warspoils system does not remedy that at all, I can't remember the last time I got a non-duplicate commander! Maybe one every 300 hours?

And yet Relic is stupidly missing a great business opportunity to sell cosmetic DLC.
Historical skins and decals.
Where are the Free French Forces decals & skins?!
Where are the Free Polish Forces ones?!
Where are the finnish ones?
Where are the rest of Historical decals for WW2 Companies/Brigades/Divisions that don't sport nazi heraldry for the current factions?
Players would buy that in droves, yet it's up to modders like Georider to do it.
Here, I'll give him a shoutout because his skinpacks are excellent!

1. Free France Armor Divisions Skinpack

2. OKH Armor Divisions Skinpack , Waffen in the East

3. OKW Armor Divisions Skinpack, Waffen in the west

4. Soviet Armor Divisons Skinpack, Forward for Berlin

It's better to use his skinpacks with decals removers to avoid overlapping decals.
I recommend Eliwood's.
25 Sep 2015, 00:52 AM

:hansGASM:
That match was hilarious. Joe did nothing but build Bofors all game and never retreated, it was literally a 2v1 by the end.
25 Sep 2015, 01:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Sep 2015, 00:38 AMFrencho
Such as verbally/visually disclosing that Sega paid him at the beginning of the video and at the end of it, you shouldn't only mention it on the description that 90% of viewers ignore.

Afaik they only asked him to play the game, I don't remember him saying he was being paid to do it. And the fact that he gave a very appropriate response to the p2w commanders doesn't make this look like a bought review.

That match was hilarious. Joe did nothing but build Bofors all game and never retreated, it was literally a 2v1 by the end.

Guy that has played thousands of hours in CoH did much better than someone that just got the game yesterday, and you're surprised by this?

25 Sep 2015, 01:26 AM

Guy that has played thousands of hours in CoH did much better than someone that just got the game yesterday, and you're surprised by this?

Not at all. I said it was hilarious to watch, that's all. Joe did all right for someone who picked it up today.
25 Sep 2015, 01:36 AM

Afaik they only asked him to play the game, I don't remember him saying he was being paid to do it. And the fact that he gave a very appropriate response to the p2w commanders doesn't make this look like a bought review.

They did give him a free copy of Coh2 and the British forces did they not? That counts, again see TotalBiscuits video about it when you have the time, it's very informative.

It's not a bought review, Angry Joe never does that, but it's still promotional content which is lazily disclosed. Nothing wrong with youtubers being sponsored or doing promotional deals, their business and livelihood depend on it, but just say so more clearly.
25 Sep 2015, 10:05 AM

:hansGASM:

AngryJoe and RagingHans :lol:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment