Login

russian armor

Remove abandonment.

21 Sep 2015, 23:55 PM

I would say allow it. It adds excitement and reward for good or poor play. All players know the risk of getting an abandonment. Therefore if they decided to rush their vehicle into the enemy then that's their own choice. If your unit get's stolen then that is your fault and you should be punished for it.

Considering how much you bitch about your bad luck in game, this statement surprises me.
21 Sep 2015, 23:56 PM

Good idea and make it so weapons are non drop able.

Who said soviets can't have 3 P4 Kappa.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/901003824447163817/F7FD5B4728B84BB73026271BFA6CFAD0C12B988E/
21 Sep 2015, 23:58 PM
Patrion 14

aye
22 Sep 2015, 00:04 AM

I always thought that abandoning as an RNG mechanic was silly.

If there were certain criteria that made abandoning a tank guarantees and was a well designed core part of the game id be all for it.
nee
22 Sep 2015, 00:16 AM

I like vehicle abandonment, but one cannot ignore the fact that its reliance on RNG makes the feature silly.
22 Sep 2015, 00:21 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Abandon should most definitely not be in the game, at least if you want the game to grow in a healthier environment. And while were at it get rid of main gun crit, its annoying enough without the bug thats associated with it.

Carrots for thought :luvCarrot:
22 Sep 2015, 00:26 AM
Donator 11

I agree with Dusty that there should a way to make vehicle abandonment a near certainty but is the only method to make it happen. Early pre-release CoH2 press articles once indicated that heavily damaged enemy tanks (representing popped hatches) could be mounted by your own infantry for a risky but deadly attack to punish unsupported tanks. I'd be happy if a busted hatch critical at below 25% tank health allowed infantry to toss in a grenade or something to cause abandonment. It could take a few seconds for the infantry to pull off, and they'd suffer penalties to recieved accuracy and damage while they're at it.
22 Sep 2015, 00:35 AM

Completely rework it so that it's more durable after it dies to promote fighting for it, but you have to pay a vehicle cost (80%) either to take it or to use it OR it's more durable but comes with multiple devastating critical. In either case, Armour to 11 while abandoned, so that you can destroy it easily as well.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2015, 00:26 AMscarab
I agree with Dusty that there should a way to make vehicle abandonment a near certainty but is the only method to make it happen. Early pre-release CoH2 press articles once indicated that heavily damaged enemy tanks (representing popped hatches) could be mounted by your own infantry for a risky but deadly attack to punish unsupported tanks. I'd be happy if a busted hatch critical at below 25% tank health allowed infantry to toss in a grenade or something to cause abandonment. It could take a few seconds for the infantry to pull off, and they'd suffer penalties to recieved accuracy and damage while they're at it.

Interesting, I was wondering why the T-34 and KV tanks had interior hatches even though they have no spotter, commander, or gunner upgrades. I assumed Relic just modeled them in just in case they ever wanted to add those.
22 Sep 2015, 02:32 AM
Patrion 15

For the love of the game, yes! This mechanic is so punishing towards aggressive vehicle play. I get that Relic wants there to be "WOW! HOLY SHIT!" Moments in this game, and yes there should be, but most of the time it's just frustrating and sad when it happens.
22 Sep 2015, 03:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 17:11 PMwarthog
interesting only to you, the outcome of that scenario is also luck-dependant, if someone happens to have a squad near the area and recapture the KT, is never because he predicted vehicle was going to be abandoned, what is "interesting" in watching both opponents right-clicking and the nearer squad to the KT capture it?

You don't keep a mobile reserve near you Tank? Dude if you just send tanks in without infantry and AT support you are over extending and Relic has said on multiple occasions they want to punish non-combined arms game play.

When ever I lose a tank to abandonment I can simply shoot a Faust or shot a rifle nade at it. Being prepared for bullshit means you can counter it quickly.
22 Sep 2015, 04:09 AM

abandonment is fun part of this game. RNG is what made this game separate from SC2 type of games. also the only way abandonment got steal by enemy is you let your tank go in with out any support. which is should be punished because this game is all about combine arms. not tank rolls over everything.
22 Sep 2015, 04:31 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I would say allow it. It adds excitement and reward for good or poor play. All players know the risk of getting an abandonment. Therefore if they decided to rush their vehicle into the enemy then that's their own choice. If your unit get's stolen then that is your fault and you should be punished for it.

What Hans said ^_^
22 Sep 2015, 09:27 AM

When and why did they remove the "abandoned vehicle always had major crits" mechanic?
22 Sep 2015, 09:42 AM

If there were certain criteria that made abandoning a tank guarantees and was a well designed core part of the game id be all for it.

+1.
22 Sep 2015, 09:46 AM

It's not always about rushing into the enemy. It's also about getting pushed by the enemy, reversing and getting an abandoned vehicle.
It's not always about 'poor play'. The mechanic itself (how, when) is not consistent enough compared to the impact it has on the game. On top of that it's difficult to destroy an abandoned vehicle as you can't always hit it with attack ground or if you don't have any pak/zis nearby, you're pretty much fucked. I can't see any fun factor here when fighting for a prizepool of +500eu, but maybe that's me.
22 Sep 2015, 09:52 AM

No please don't remove it. You are destroying the game flavour. Seriously.
22 Sep 2015, 09:57 AM

I like this idea. Could make it like:

Immobilized + Death = Abandon
2 Perma-Crits + Death = Abandon
Base territory + Death = Abandon
Small Arms fire + Death = Abandon (maybe, the implications for the early game are huge, but I always thought it was funny seeing the driver dive out of a Kubelwagen!)
22 Sep 2015, 10:03 AM
Senior Caster Badge

I really have to disagree with removal. I honestly think that one of the things that makes CoH2 so amazing is that even when your opponent is in a strong position there is a chance of small things like this happening that can reverse the game.

It always adds a level of uncertainty that keeps you on your toes, it stops people using tanks like they are God units for hardcore rushing and more importantly it means a game is NEVER lost and this creates the extended playability.

Wether or not it stays in a tournament maybe require a vote but it shouldn't leave the game by any means
22 Sep 2015, 10:11 AM

NO WAY IN HELL! ENOUGH WITH COOL-FEATURE-STARVING THE GAME! BRING BACK COLDTECH TO AUTOMATCH NAOW!

And Rostov ffs.

And then STILL be ashamed some more to learn lesson good.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2015, 15:50 PMSwonVIP
yeah regarding the esl esport thing it should definitely be removed. Every RNG factor is bad for competitive games

The people who only play to win need to disappear from this game and go play chess or fighting games. Fuck esports.
22 Sep 2015, 10:25 AM

NO WAY IN HELL! ENOUGH WITH COOL-FEATURE-STARVING THE GAME! BRING BACK COLDTECH TO AUTOMATCH NAOW!

And Rostov ffs.

And then STILL be ashamed some more to learn lesson good.

The people who only play to win need to disappear from this game and go play chess or fighting games. Fuck esports.

A little to violent, but +1 on that :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 79
United States 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %