Login

russian armor

Universal Carrier is a bit shit

21 Sep 2015, 00:23 AM

Played a few games on the new patch. WASP was too powerful offensively before, but it may have been overnerfed. I'm getting some good psychological shock value out of the wasp because players are still used to it roasting hundreds of men alive in seconds, but realistically I only got a couple of kills the whole game and they didn't "have" to retreat.

Tested out the Vickers K upgrade again and its really poor, imo. Suppression ability is alarmingly short range too.

You could make it cost a bit more mp, but if its offensive abilities are going to be this poor I think it at least deserves a bit more durability. I'd love for the Vickers upgrade to be a bit more potent, am I crazy here?
21 Sep 2015, 00:27 AM

maybe some of my stream viewers can attest, but I chased a sniper with a wasp on kholodney from my cutoff south to his base north, only got him down to quarter health... Caught it again in a long spray with wasp, hardly any health taken off... What the hell.... It was so cringe worthy I raged and turned off game. And I never rage.
21 Sep 2015, 00:29 AM

I guess the problems it has actually doing any damage are only exacerbated by the fact that you have to tech up before you can repair it, but the very act of building it delays your teching. Vet 1 used to be pretty easily attainable on a wasp, but now it's kind of not.
21 Sep 2015, 00:30 AM

As usual, when something is OP, Relic goes and makes it shit :clap:
21 Sep 2015, 00:46 AM

making selfrepair a vet0 ability would help
21 Sep 2015, 01:21 AM

I agree. You almost have to spam (3+) them to have even decent results. It's extremely underwhelming.
21 Sep 2015, 01:39 AM

Vickers K upgrade should work like the Kubelwagen IMO.
The suppression ability is kind of naff and I don't see reason to build the carrier in the first place since infantry inside it can't shoot out.
21 Sep 2015, 01:51 AM

Maybe they could make it like 240mp 20 fuel (slightly more on both counts) but give it a bit more HP and make the Vickers K and Wasp slightly better than they currently are. Like not back to WASP OP territory, but a bit more DOT perhaps. Vickers K desperately needs to do something useful. I'm not sure if suppression platform is really the right thing though, because they already get a stock MG in the same tier.
21 Sep 2015, 02:05 AM

If the wasp is shit, make it cheaper to reflect its performance, just like they did with jagdtiger but that's an axis unit so

They should also make vickers k a good choice, not just a cheap shitty upgrade, I don't know make it do commando dps close range or something. You pick wasp for building clearing, why would you need a kubel when you have vickers
21 Sep 2015, 04:11 AM

Relic over nerfed the British? I wonder why...

cue 100 "Bren Carrier is so OP why can't I kill with bolt actions" threads

They should of kept it the same but make it cost more. Making it a choice between a strong early game but a late transition, or a weak early game but a fast transition. As of now it's just another cool aesthetic unit that is terrible at doing stuff.
21 Sep 2015, 04:14 AM

Even with its current price i find simply buying it a bad choice because living a bit longer without it allows you to tech fast and bring in sniper, engies, and at guns.

Making it more fuel expensive would be redundant because then you might as well tech. I almost always tech, unless i need something to clear buildings with.
21 Sep 2015, 04:18 AM

If Bren stays nerfed as it is, infantries should be able to fire from it. Currently nobody use Bren to move unit around, this thing is more like a weaker WC-51.
21 Sep 2015, 04:19 AM

it can't even kill a sniper even with the buffs without upgrades, I tried going after one in a building and it was going to take like 20 seconds to kill it. i feel like thats a problem
21 Sep 2015, 04:32 AM

it can't even kill a sniper even with the buffs without upgrades, I tried going after one in a building and it was going to take like 20 seconds to kill it. i feel like thats a problem[/quote
The only buff vs snipers was detection radius right? No bonus damage? The wasp is a great kite and flame weapon but it really delays engineers and AT which is a shame so I do wish they had a better way of countering sniper build. With sniper ROF nerf they don't seem to be nearly the threat that they used to be to British at least.
21 Sep 2015, 05:04 AM

I would hardly buy it even if it was discounted at its current performance. Why did Relic cut the wasp damage by 50%, THEN AGAIN by 50%?! Was once not enough?
21 Sep 2015, 05:27 AM

it can't even kill a sniper even with the buffs without upgrades, I tried going after one in a building and it was going to take like 20 seconds to kill it. i feel like thats a problem[/quote
The only buff vs snipers was detection radius right? No bonus damage? The wasp is a great kite and flame weapon but it really delays engineers and AT which is a shame so I do wish they had a better way of countering sniper build. With sniper ROF nerf they don't seem to be nearly the threat that they used to be to British at least.

no they increased accuracy as well b/c your supposed to kill snipers since infantry sections can still get 1v1ed by a sniper if he sees them at max range and goes to green cover. THey also suck on the move(IS)

Honestly my new build vs brits is gonna be like 3 snipers its so impossible to deal with them
21 Sep 2015, 05:42 AM

the UC need to be more durable, first of all. Its current 200 hp and 10/5 make it more fragile than even the 222's 240 hp and 9/4.5.

UC need a hp boost to 280 hp.
21 Sep 2015, 07:21 AM

it can't even kill a sniper even with the buffs without upgrades, I tried going after one in a building and it was going to take like 20 seconds to kill it. i feel like thats a problem

lol even kubel can suppress infantry with having to spend muni what an unfair advantage i say!
21 Sep 2015, 08:12 AM

the UC need to be more durable, first of all. Its current 200 hp and 10/5 make it more fragile than even the 222's 240 hp and 9/4.5.

UC need a hp boost to 280 hp.

wait wait... so you're comparing a T2 unit to a T0 unit?!
alright, i agree then. Move the bren to T2 and give it the 222s hp/armor (see how that would be a nerf, even without the move to t2?)
21 Sep 2015, 08:46 AM

maybe some of my stream viewers can attest, but I chased a sniper with a wasp on kholodney from my cutoff south to his base north, only got him down to quarter health... Caught it again in a long spray with wasp, hardly any health taken off... What the hell.... It was so cringe worthy I raged and turned off game. And I never rage.

The anti-sniper bonuses were on the Bren and Vickers K. Since the Wasp replaces the Bren and obviously doesn't grant you a Vickers, your UC had no anti-sniper bonuses active. In fact it had the opposite, since Relic stated flame weapons are very poor on the move to prevent wiping squads on retreat, because it sucked to lose your full health Grens flame-cars and flame-tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 50
Sweden 25
Poland 10
United States 13
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L