Login

russian armor

Some thoughts on Sep 17th patch.

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
15 Sep 2015, 05:51 AM

So a big patch since UKF got released, There are some things however that caught my attention.

First the removal of cold tech in auto match is a welcome change, Cold tech should of never been in the game in the first place. This game has suffered a lot of problems via optimization due to it.
Here's hoping they fix Vram leakage that is on winter maps, And artillery crater ram leak.

Brace

With the release of brits and the incoming nerfs i fear that they will be in a very weak spot after this patch hits, Brace seeing huge nerfs kind of puts brits in a spot were they have to hold out for there armor on there Tommies, ATG's and AAC.

Brace itself being a large balance problem were you could press W and yell shields up Mr.Worf
And turn on stand fast and become pretty much invulnerable. The cooldown i don't feel was the problem with it as it has a real trade off. (the emplacement does no damage)

As the change stands now the emplacement will get wasted by LEIG, Gr.38 and 250/7 making it a waste of manpower to even think about building them.

In the end i feel that the damage reduction should of been just reduced so its not so all or nothing ability.

I don't have the stats on it but it feels about a 80% damage reduction, Relic could of just dropped it down to like 50% and inched it down if it sill was too much, That or just remove brace all together and give the emplacements more health. (Emplacements feel good durability wise at vet 3)

Combined with the Wasp nerf brits will have a problem getting to late game more than ever now.
Brits manpower problems are just insane.

Churchill health

I am amazed that this series of tanks still have insane amounts of HP (More then a JT)
Will have to wait and see how Croc and AVRE turn out but 1400 is still 120 more then a super heavy
While maintaining pretty good armor.

StuG III

TWP "Spam" required more than 1 vetted stug to maintain stun-lock, and the same thing can still be done with pak 40's that have no fuel cost. With this removal it feels that P4 will be the thing i will go for every time now as stugs are no longer what i need them to be. (A cost effective TD)

Elephant / ISU

With focus sight being removed Elephant really comes out on top with this change because of spotting scopes. ISU will now need a spotter were the ele just has spotting scopes or radar dish 222 sitting right next to it. The real problem i have is 222 is super cheap when compared to a t70 spotter.

Tiger Ace

Oh god.. a 17! CP tank that has no real advantage (other than a little health now) over its normal counterpart that comes at 13. It stops all fuel income and that doctrine has no good offmap options.
Without TWP tiger ace is now trash, and there is no real incentive to use it over a Tiger I from
Spearhead doctrine. If its only going to be a vet 3 tiger I just give it a fuel cost and remove the resource penalty.. Yay for Homogenization..

LEIG

LEIG spam is very rampant right now from OKW players vs brits and now its getting 15% more range?

Anti sniper AC changes

Good to see that this is finally here, WC51 should just be stock in USF from T1
Fixes rifle only start every single game and gives USF a anti sniper option that's
not locked behind a trash doctrine.

15 Sep 2015, 06:05 AM

Tiger Ace

Oh god.. a 17! CP tank that has no real advantage (other than a little health now) over its normal counterpart that comes at 13. It stops all fuel income and that doctrine has no good offmap options.
Without TWP tiger ace is now trash, and there is no real incentive to use it over a Tiger I from
Spearhead doctrine. If its only going to be a vet 3 tiger I just give it a fuel cost and remove the resource penalty.. Yay for Homogenization..

Somewhere, a KV-2 weeps violently in a corner, wondering why in the world it sucks so bad in a commander devoid of manpower.

Victims of the terrible pay2win commanders of olde. Never intended for real balance.
15 Sep 2015, 06:12 AM

Somewhere, a KV-2 weeps violently in a corner, wondering why in the world it sucks so bad in a commander devoid of manpower.

Victims of the terrible pay2win commanders of olde. Never intended for real balance.

Totally agree KV2 is complete trash and needs some love, more health and reduced siege mode time,
But the reason why the TA is mentioned is its been fine for months the way it is and now is a "Forget it even exists" doctrine. Were as industry has been this way for some time.

Don't put doctrines in the ignore category is kinda what im saying bring more to viable status not
put more to complete trash category.
15 Sep 2015, 06:15 AM

Which one harder to destroy panther or churchhill? The answer is Panther but churchill the one getting nerfed. Remember the axis have no penetration problem and good AT options so 1600 hp means nothing. Churchill takes so many shots to die but panther takes more because most of the shots bounches on its skinn.
Nerf is mistake imo.
15 Sep 2015, 06:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 06:15 AMcolgate
Which one harder to destroy panther or churchhill? The answer is Panther imo and churchill the one getting nerfed.

Church as if you have a ally or are using AVRE or Croc they have blitz.
Panther's dont have 1400 HP with blitz.
Church's take 10 penetrating hits to kill panther is 4-5 hits,
Axis doesn't have burst damage tulips as well.
15 Sep 2015, 06:29 AM

Church as if you have a ally or are using AVRE or Croc they have blitz.
Panther's dont have 1400 HP with blitz.
Church's take 10 penetrating hits to kill panther is 4-5 hits,
Axis doesn't have burst damage tulips as well.

Remember that allies have penetration problem most of the shots will bounce on panther's skinn so it ll take more shots to die. 1v1 panther vs churchill panther wins.
15 Sep 2015, 06:35 AM

Panther is much more threatening on its own, but the Churchill has fantastic synergy with other units. So it's not easy to make a straight comparison between them. Churchill Croc and AVRE getting the health reduction is fair enough since they aren't as weak (offensively) as the stock Church is. In fact they're very potent.
15 Sep 2015, 06:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 06:29 AMcolgate

Remember that allies have penetration problem most of the shots will bounce on panther's skinn so it ll take more shots to die. 1v1 panther vs churchill panther wins.

2/3 of the church's you will see don't duel panthers anyways. one is a mini ST and another is a anti infantry god. when using Mk VII's they have a immense wall of health and other at will chew a panther down with ease.

out of all the allied factions brits have the least amount of pen problems.

Straight panther vs MK VII comes down to RNG and you can have a MK VII before he has a panther.
It takes the panther so long to kill it anyways you can wheel a ATG up to it and easily win vs a panther.

Church's frontal armor is not bad as well.
15 Sep 2015, 06:40 AM

So the sole and only reason you ever called in a Tiger Ace was TWP? Not the fact that it only costs manpower, has blitz and smoke, 50 range and more damage out of the gate? No?
15 Sep 2015, 06:48 AM

So the sole and only reason you ever called in a Tiger Ace was TWP? Not the fact that it only costs manpower, has blitz and smoke, 50 range and more damage out of the gate? No?

Without TWP its a vet 3 tiger with a little more health, Ill pay 230fu and vet up my own tiger without wrecking my eco :/

The TWP made it a good investment when used properly. Chew down there armor over time one by one
and cause greater eco damage than what you are suffering by calling it.

gotta look at the whole picture as well, When directly comparing to spearhead,

Tiger I comes 4 CP sooner
Spearhead has a offmap
Spearhead has better early game with 250/7

That leaves elite troops
With its cheese vet and the anti garrison stun grenades.
Tiger ace when considering all the variables is not straight better
but arguably straight worse.
15 Sep 2015, 06:51 AM

Without TWP its a vet 3 tiger with a little more health, Ill pay 230fu and vet up my own tiger without wrecking my eco :/

The TWP made it a good investment when used properly. Chew down there armor over time one by one
and cause greater eco damage than what you are suffering by calling it.

gotta look at the whole picture as well, When directly comparing to spearhead,

Tiger I comes 4 CP sooner
Spearhead has a offmap
Spearhead has better early game with 250/7

That leaves elite troops
With its cheese vet and the anti garrison stun grenades.
Tiger ace when considering all the variables is not straight better
but arguably straight worse.

I think Elite will still be a very, very good doctrine. The ability to vet stuff, smoke, G43's and stun nades are already all useful, but the best thing about this doctrine is that you can pump all your fuel on T3 units and vet for them, while still being able to call a Vet 3 Tiger on steroids for manpower only, the final nail in the coffin. TWP was kinda ridiculous, didnt you lose your whole army to a Tiger Ace before? Tiger Ace was and will still be a 90% guaranteed auto win vs USF.
15 Sep 2015, 07:01 AM

I think Elite will still be a very, very good doctrine. The ability to vet stuff, smoke, G43's and stun nades are already all useful, but the best thing about this doctrine is that you can pump all your fuel on T3 units and vet for them, while still being able to call a Vet 3 Tiger on steroids for manpower only, the final nail in the coffin. TWP was kinda ridiculous, didnt you lose your whole army to a Tiger Ace before? Tiger Ace was and will still be a 90% guaranteed auto win vs USF.

Ive personally have played on both ends of the spectrum,
9/10 when facing a tiger ace it would run over a mine or get marked and bursted,
This patch ive killed 3 of them in a single match with dual tulips.
Loosing your whole army to TA means you needed to prepare for it better.

I can't speak for 1's but in any team setting its a trash teir pick now.
15 Sep 2015, 07:21 AM

ISU will now need a spotter were the ele just has spotting scopes or radar dish 222 sitting right next to it. The real problem i have is 222 is super cheap when compared to a t70 spotter.

M3 Scout Car is a thing, same sight range as T-70. The notes also never mentioned taking it away from the SU-85.
15 Sep 2015, 07:28 AM

M3 Scout Car is a thing, same sight range as T-70. The notes also never mentioned taking it away from the SU-85.

While true 222 scoped has way more vision than the m3 and su.
I was comparing mostly t70 vision mode with scoped 222.
15 Sep 2015, 07:36 AM

TA was not fine and so was TWP. Both where on their own OP. And we all saw what they could do together.
15 Sep 2015, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 06:15 AMcolgate
Which one harder to destroy panther or churchhill? The answer is Panther but churchill the one getting nerfed. Remember the axis have no penetration problem and good AT options so 1600 hp means nothing. Churchill takes so many shots to die but panther takes more because most of the shots bounches on its skinn.
Nerf is mistake imo.

You have no idea what you are talking about mate. Penetration has nothing to do with health, it has with armor. Let's put it like this: If I try to empty a bucket filled with sand with a spoon it will take longer than it will take with a glass. Every shot that penetrates panther - and at guns have no real problems with that, and not even tanks - will take a much bigger chunk from its health than from churchill's health. Churchill doesn't even feel when shells penetrate it barely loses a tiny piece of its health. And it's armor is not penetrated to often may I say.
15 Sep 2015, 09:38 AM

Permanently Banned
Stug 3 now not really the machine of my choice anymore, not the machine that can halt any large hp tank from the Brits now.
15 Sep 2015, 10:06 AM

Stug 3 now not really the machine of my choice anymore, not the machine that can halt any large hp tank from the Brits now.

Get more then 1?
It doesn't cost much you know and is easier to use against AVRE or croc.
15 Sep 2015, 10:26 AM

Leig cost should be back to 400. It is too cost eficient right now. With the last changes to Kathiusha it is almost imposible to decrew it even at close range.

I still feel Kat too much Cost/ineficient for what it does. Adding suppression on rockets would be fine just as Pwerfer has.
15 Sep 2015, 10:36 AM
Donator 11

I presume the 85 still has focus sight? I dont think this unit should lose it as it doesn't have a lot going for it and always needs support anyhow to actually kill stuff given how poor it is at chasing (or turning)
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS