Login

russian armor

Special Weapons Regiment "Hold The Line" Bug

15 Sep 2015, 03:22 AM
Donator 11

Currently the "hold the line" ability is bugged. The sectors only affected are the ones captured by the player who chose the commander rather than as the ability sates "allied sectors".
*In order to recreate have a teammate capture a front line territory and you capture the opposing front line sector.
*Click active ability "hold the line"
*Look at the mini map to see only the sectoryou captured.

If this is intended plz change the description.
15 Sep 2015, 04:45 AM

Yeah I have to say if this is working as intended it needs be rewritten and the cost needs to go down. I mean seriously it isn't as good in my experience as it costs. I'd rather just use the Air Support Ability.
25 Oct 2015, 17:01 PM

There must be something very weird with how this ability works, I was in a 1v1 and just had nearly all my units killed by an American. I used this ability to see what would happen, and at least 6-8 Typhoons strafed the enemy, covering the entire map, he lost at least 3 units from the ability, and we were both very impressed.

Im not sure if it was so effective because the enemy had most of the map control?

Ive tried to use it in 4 games since when the enemy has many units in multiple front line sectors, and every single time, no planes have arrived.

Right now, Ive no ideas what triggers the planes :S
25 Oct 2015, 17:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 03:22 AMMittens
Currently the "hold the line" ability is bugged. The sectors only affected are the ones captured by the player who chose the commander rather than as the ability sates "allied sectors".
*In order to recreate have a teammate capture a front line territory and you capture the opposing front line sector.
*Click active ability "hold the line"
*Look at the mini map to see only the sectoryou captured.

If this is intended plz change the description.

+1000

26 Oct 2015, 01:50 AM
Patrion 28

There must be something very weird with how this ability works, I was in a 1v1 and just had nearly all my units killed by an American. I used this ability to see what would happen, and at least 6-8 Typhoons strafed the enemy, covering the entire map, he lost at least 3 units from the ability, and we were both very impressed.

Im not sure if it was so effective because the enemy had most of the map control?

Ive tried to use it in 4 games since when the enemy has many units in multiple front line sectors, and every single time, no planes have arrived.

Right now, Ive no ideas what triggers the planes :S

your sectors as opposed to allied sectors.
26 Oct 2015, 04:40 AM

change this ability to vehicle crew repiar plz
26 Oct 2015, 06:29 AM

Your sectors what? That didn't help.
26 Oct 2015, 07:08 AM

Yeah that doesnt help. Im playing 1v1, they are all my sectors. The time a lot of planes flew I only owned 1 or two sectors, enemy had rest and all their units were in their own sectors.

If id known it was hard to replicate, id have saved the replay.
26 Oct 2015, 11:28 AM
Patrion 28

idk then, maybe it's just straight RNG. could also be based on enemy sectors touching your sectors.
26 Oct 2015, 12:25 PM
Patrion 14

The ability is weird as hell. Sometimes no typhoons would show up and other times a mass swarm of them would come out. As if there was a bee attack going on or something.

It needs to be more consistent or its description changed to match its RNG nature.
Only Relic postRelic 26 Oct 2015, 17:11 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Talked to a designed and that not the intended design. Added a bug to our database. Thanks
26 Oct 2015, 17:56 PM

Guess what!!!
I used this ability today, and as soon as I used this, suddenly a line of speech played the scream of a heavy tank being destroyed, and said "we lost a Churchil Crocodile"!! wtf?!!!! and after that no typoon appeared. (whereas it was 8 CP and no Croc was on the field)!!!

Also, I have never seen typoons coming at all anytime I used this ability (for 250 muni!!!), so I've decided just not to use this ability at all

if anyone has any video or replay where the typoons come with this ability plz show it to me, I have been curious how this ability works!
26 Oct 2015, 18:02 PM
Donator 11

Talked to a designed and that not the intended design. Added a bug to our database. Thanks

As aladdin pointed out
Another bug in that doc is that losing a unit plays the sound cue "we've lost one of our Churchill crocodile"
21 Dec 2015, 05:15 AM
Donator 11

The bug still remains as of December 21st :C
21 Dec 2015, 05:49 AM

#RelicTime
7 Apr 2016, 13:34 PM

I focused on this ability for a few times, and it started to work as I expected it.

How it works:
- It works ONLY frontline sectors, so the friendly sector MUST connects somehow to an enemy sector (as the ability description says)
- It works for that sectors what YOU've captured (it's maybe a bug or the ability desc is not clear), the sectors will be highlighted.
A few times sectors get highlighted when I did not capture, but I had infantry in it. So this needs more tests.
- The planes comes only 30-40 secs after you used the ability (as the abilty desc says "after a while..") The ability least for 60 sec, but the planes available only in the ~40-60 sec!! So they will not strafe in the first ~30-40 sec, no matter what.
- Planes will strafe that enemy what are in sight AFTER 30-40 secs, and NOT that what was in sight WHEN the ability used.
- When the planes are available, you MUST spot for targets, the enemy MUST be in sight IN friendly green highlighted FRONTLINE sector. If they are in sight after 30-40 sec, red smoke will drop on the target, and the planes comes immediatly (as I experienced around 3-5 planes comes to 1 target, mixed rockets and strafes, I dont know the planes types are random or not)

Some examples:
- So when the enemy is in sight, when you just used the ability, but its going to blank after a few seconds, the planes WONT come.
- The enemy must be in sight AFTER 30-40 secs the ability used, NOT when you used.
- If the enemy is in sight for only a few sec and leaves the sector, the planes WONT come.
- If the enemy is in the fog of war, and you use the ability, and the enemy enters your sector after 30-40 sec and they are revealed, planes WILL come.
- If you use the ability, while you are fighting in your highlighted frontline sector, and the enemy wont leave and they are in sight, planes WILL come.
- Planes WONT strafe to enemy territory.

How i used it for example:
Anti inf. boyi rifle squad has a great range to spot vehicles. I put them into the frontline, so I saw on the minimap, the WH is gathering vehicles (so its logical he gathered infantry too, and wanted to push). I moved my troops back of the frontline sector, to let them come deep into that sector, but I left the boyi troops for the minimap spot. When I saw on the minimap the vehicles started to push, I used the ability before anything happened. When he engaged my troops, he was in half deep the sector and ~15 sec already passed. I imitated falling back slowly to let the the time pass more 15-20s. So then the hell released. I send 2 tanks in to reveal more of his troops. Meanwhile the air raid I got unlocked the Churchill Crocodile and called in (for the flairs) onto his falling back troops (frontline sector of course). Around 15-20 planes came.

Conclusion:
- Best way to use it with a mate with recon.
- Imitate fall back when you use it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS