Login

russian armor

Panzer 4 Command Tank is Overperforming

15 Sep 2015, 09:26 AM

This is not true and I suggest for you to test it out for yourself if you haven't witnessed it before.

Of course it is not as lethal vs mediums as a regular Panzer 4, but it can get the job done, especially with the support that is almost always with it.

dude, i've used P4 command way before it was on top i know a lot about this unit and its value
15 Sep 2015, 10:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 09:07 AMRiCE
Last time ive checked the Command Panzer4 had around 50 penetration and 80 damage. So far the only change i remember is its territory HP buff got changed to an Aura version. I dont remember any damage or penetration buff. Have i missed something? I doubt it could go toe-to-toe against any medium tank...

Also, as far as i know, the command tanks buff aura never effects the tanks itself.

As far as i know, the command tank does have the 20% hp bonus for him, but the buff is not showing on himself
15 Sep 2015, 10:20 AM

Yea, ost command tank reaps benefits from its own aura, it doesn't apply to any other command vehicle.
15 Sep 2015, 10:43 AM

I find it too durable. Maybe they should change it so the buff it gives doesn't apply to itself?

+1
15 Sep 2015, 10:46 AM

The tank has the same health, same armor, and rear armor than a regular pz4. I already conceded that it doesn't have the same lethality as a regular panzer 4. ( which implies damage and pen).

To say that a 20% hp boost to all units in its aura is not enormous is deluded, I suggest you not be so condescending in your future posts.

Provide a counter argument to my point instead of baseless accusations. Please and Thank you!

Just as i told people dont know the stats and blame the game, in this case the commpz4 for losing.

Also aura doesn't boost hp by 20%.

baseless accusations :clap:

extracting-statistics-guide
15 Sep 2015, 10:53 AM

How do it's aura buffs compare to the Brit's Command Vehicle aura in the Sept.17th preview? Just out of curiosity..
15 Sep 2015, 11:11 AM

I wouldn't say that it is OP or broken, strong yes. But it's fine as is.
15 Sep 2015, 11:36 AM

How do it's aura buffs compare to the Brit's Command Vehicle aura in the Sept.17th preview? Just out of curiosity..

Ostheer Command Panzer:
-20% Received Damage (nearby units, self)

-Has a very weak gun.

British Command Vehicle:
+35% Accuracy (nearby units)
-30% Received Accuracy (nearby units)
-30% Reload (nearby units)
-30% Cooldown (nearby units)

-50% Accuracy (self)
+100% Received Accuracy (self)
+100% Reload (self)
+100% Cooldown (self)
15 Sep 2015, 11:44 AM

I would just remove the Command Buff on itself, otherwise the unit's actual damage performance is terrible, even against infantry it likes to miss by a mile.
15 Sep 2015, 11:46 AM

Brit command vehicle also have 0.5 speed debuff on self.
15 Sep 2015, 12:20 PM

P4 cannot fight with any medium vehicle, because of its 50 penetration and 80 damage.

BUT....

Some think its OP, because its aura buff on itself, that allows the tank to survive +1 extra shot. Thank god it cannot detect mines too... what could we do against it then?!
15 Sep 2015, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 10:46 AMWhoa

Just as i told people dont know the stats and blame the game, in this case the commpz4 for losing.

Receiving 20% less damage will result exactly the same as having +20% health, in bonus, your tank dont take 20% extra time to repair
15 Sep 2015, 15:41 PM

Beside the straight up lie about it beating mediums, I agree that all call in should receive the t34/85, EZ8 treatment, crocs should be built in brits t3, stug-Es should be built in ost T3 etc...
15 Sep 2015, 15:58 PM

I don't think its OP, it has almost the same pen as a t70 and low damage, you only use it to defend against tanks or attack infantry.
Otherwise its just there for the buff to the units

I'm with this guy. This unit has a specialty role. Removing that specialty role would render it useless. This game needs more unique abilities and units, not less. When you see this tank on the field call it a primary target and focus fire.
15 Sep 2015, 18:59 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2015, 10:46 AMWhoa

So what does 20% less damage actually mean? 20% more health

You are doing a great job at making yourself look incompetent. :loco:
15 Sep 2015, 19:06 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Beside the straight up lie about it beating mediums, I agree that all call in should receive the t34/85, EZ8 treatment, crocs should be built in brits t3, stug-Es should be built in ost T3 etc...

It was not a lie and I have instances of a pz4 command tank beating an m4a3 sherman in my broadcasts. I will try to look for it and link it here later.

Do not confuse my statement with it being equally lethal as a regular Panzer 4. That is obviously not true, but it cant still provide for capable AT considering it has the same armor as a PZ4 and that means the m4a3 sherman can bounce off of it consistently.

15 Sep 2015, 20:24 PM

The command P4 won't beat any mediums, heavy RNG aside.

The self-buff makes the unit more durable than it is necessary and could be removed.
I'm in favour of how the current aura works, because the previous sector-based aura wasn't intuitive at all.

I also wouldn't want to give this unit the "T34-85 treatment" because it is one of the few units that allows skipping T3 and makes T4 builds somewhat reasonable and not just a fairytale. Otherwise there's not that much incentive over a regular P4.

What makes the command P4 perceived as overpowered is mainly the combination with (vet 3-) lmg grens and pak walls, which on their own perform at the peak compared to their counterparts. Throw in a Puma and factor in the non-existent teching cost and you got yourself a very deadly and affordable unit composition in the mid-game.

Therefore i believe the mobile defense commander is easily one of the best (if not the best against USF) commander in 1v1, which only lacks in the late-game.

If you would remove the self-buff i don't think the command P4 constitutes as a huge problem per se... it's more the combination and synergy with other units (cost-efficient long range infantry, best sniper, best mg, best at gun) that makes it really scary.
15 Sep 2015, 20:47 PM

For the record the exact buff is 20% reduction in damage, which equates to 25% additional effective health. 20% damage reduce does not equal 20% more effective hp.

Also Im gonna have to go with the others and say that the command tank can't take on any medium tank since it does basically half the damage of every other tank with even shittier pen even with the health advantage it has.
15 Sep 2015, 20:49 PM

For the record the exact buff is 20% reduction in damage, which equates to 25% additional effective health. 20% damage reduce does not equal 20% more effective hp. This basically means that all 640 hp tanks around it get 800 hp, the same as a t34 85.

Also Im gonna have to go with the others and say that the command tank can't take on any medium tank since it does basically half the damage of every other tank with even shittier pen even with the health advantage it has.

To put this in perspective; the tank has a 30% chance to frontally pen a T34/76 and a 28% chance to frontally pen a short-gun Sherman (at max range that is, although close range isn't much better since it has almost flat pen at 55/50/45)

It would also take 8 shots from the CPIV to kill either of those tanks, but if we factor in the low pen chance and standard RNG it would take 26 shots :foreveralone:
15 Sep 2015, 21:11 PM
Donator 11

I'm going to have to agree with the majority here. There shouldn't be a nerf based on the statistics of the aura and the real time benefits going headed with other medium vehicles. Sorry to burst your bubble but in my experience Pzr Command is easily countered by snares and outgunned by medium-heavies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★