Login

russian armor

Pacific Front

10 Sep 2015, 06:06 AM

I think Japan has a right to exist. CoH2 must be fully dedicated to World War II. I think CoH3 must move away from the theme of the Second World.
Since the action of the multiplayer in 1944-1945, the Pacific addition should include:
- Japan
- US Marine Corps
- USSR Far East Front
10 Sep 2015, 06:08 AM

So only one faction gets to use prototypes as their core units? That doesn't sound fair.

Not to mention even their prototypes weren't that great anyway. Their best tank destroyer, of which 2 were made, used a gun inferior to the KwK 40, standard on thousands of Panzer IV's.
Firstly I never said prototypes, I said unused massed produced vehicles.

And if you can't tell the drastic difference between Japanese unused late war tanks and the the god damn maus then you aren't even worth arguing with.
10 Sep 2015, 06:26 AM

I see no reason to Japan was not.
Later, self-propelled guns and tanks well suited to the game. Plus it's a game and the game must be built on a balance.
Japan has been a giant 300-mm mortars, grenade launchers Type-4.

Make them interesting and unique style is not a problem

We have the United States and the British fighting in Kharkov and in the factories of Stalingrad.
We have Soviets fighting in France.
The game turned into a big dump. Adding the Japanese do not spoil it.
10 Sep 2015, 06:39 AM

I don´t think it is possible to balans a japanees faction, if they are realy special
10 Sep 2015, 06:47 AM

And if you can't tell the drastic difference between Japanese unused late war tanks and the the god damn maus then you aren't even worth arguing with.

Technically the Maus was closer to combat than the Chi-Nu ever was :romeoMug:
10 Sep 2015, 06:56 AM

Technically the Maus was closer to combat than the Chi-Nu ever was :romeoMug:

nope, 2 mouse were produced. And from 60 to 166 Chi-Nu. Nothing personal, Japanese have a chance.
10 Sep 2015, 06:58 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I sense that people want a Japanese faction for two reason:

1: They genuinely want a Japanese faction
2: They are sick of seeing German factions.

I think Relic should have had timelines with their factions; That is, on launch, have two Soviet and two Ostheer factions, a 1941 or 42 faction and a 1944 faction. Or they could simply call it a "late war" and an "early war" timeline.

If this were the case, a 1942/1 faction of Italians would be viable and able to compete at that level. It would be possible to have two British factions; early war and late war.

The same could be for the Americans.

They kind of have that for Ostheer v. OKW, the latter with all of Germany's prototype bullshit.

tl;dr

Relic makes factions year-based to add variety.
10 Sep 2015, 07:14 AM

Seriously i dont even know what to think about this. I quess relic is not going to focus creating new CoH2 content anymore (maybe we see German and Brits campaign..) but i think they are going to release another game next year (DOW3) and focus their work there.
10 Sep 2015, 07:16 AM

You know what else never saw combat? T-44, Panther II, T27, IS-3, Maus. Should we add all those too? A Maus would be fun, it's like a Jagdtiger with 360º armour and a turret.

All in favor of Landkreuzer Ratte?

No because it would have to be literally nothing BUT prototype shit in order to compete. I would much rather see Italians or Finns.

This is better I think. There are a lot of units left to be used. I think they should create a "units Pack" and release it with the Custom Commander feature (although some might call it P2W). Then you can create tons of different army compositions. "Minor" axis factions (Italians, Finns etc.) could all be a part of it.

Creating a commander with highly trained Finnish infantry and supporting them with MHT, command tank and shit. But pacific front? No way. Go Play RO2: Rising Storm. Best Pacific Scenario Ever.

10 Sep 2015, 07:27 AM

Some people had way too much World of Tanks and believe they actually had armor :hansWUT:

Infantry quality was also quite horrible, to make it accurate, it would have to be 10 man osttruppen quality squads with no retreat option.

Japan won't happen, because the only place where they ever had any chance was at sea and early in the air and coh2 doesn't support that.
10 Sep 2015, 07:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 07:27 AMKatitof
Some people had way too much World of Tanks and believe they actually had armor :hansWUT:

Infantry quality was also quite horrible, to make it accurate, it would have to be 10 man osttruppen quality squads with no retreat option.

Japan won't happen, because the only place where they ever had any chance was at sea and early in the air and coh2 doesn't support that.

For once I agree... Coh2 engine and game style just won't support a army like the Japanese... i really cAnt think of a way to implement another army unless you combined a force of Germans, Italians, and Romanians.. I guess you could via commanders, but the stock infantry and most tanks would be have to rely heavily on German army forces.
10 Sep 2015, 07:55 AM

nope, 2 mouse were produced. And from 60 to 166 Chi-Nu. Nothing personal, Japanese have a chance.

The Maus was ordered to engage the advancing Red Army, but broke down and was scuttled. That puts the Maus closer to the front lines than the Chi-Nu, which likely did not see a single American Soldier until we entered the island peacefully after the surrender.
10 Sep 2015, 08:15 AM

I find it hilarious that Men of War has had a Japanese faction for years and that's considered semi-realistic. But apparently a completely unrealistic arcade game like COH somehow can't do it.

Even RUSE had a Japanese faction.

10 Sep 2015, 08:38 AM

Men of War isn't really well known for good balance.

And japanese in MoW is like Panzer Knacker in Medal of Honor 2.
10 Sep 2015, 08:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 08:38 AMKatitof
Men of War isn't really well known for good balance.

And japanese in MoW is like Panzer Knacker in Medal of Honor 2.

Disagree, Men of War is very balanced. But the balance is that everything fraction clones. Throughout the series the game is the same engine and the same fraction, so I no longer play in the Men of War
10 Sep 2015, 08:51 AM

MoW was a good idea and interesting at first, and only at first.
10 Sep 2015, 13:11 PM

The engine can't have Japan because their entire faction would have to be built around bayonet charges. :P

To be honest Japan had some weapons towards the end of World War Two. Given the timeframe I.E. late 1944 early 45 it is possible for the Japanese to be viable, but they have a play style that most Axis players wouldn't be able to cope with, i.e. being the underdog.

I could foresee it being a infantry faction built around a solid core officer class with it's anti tank being aggressive infantry pushes. Possibly using suicide bombs to destroy tanks.

Though I can't really see them fitting into the combined arms mix unless they had access to cheap air support which as CAS commander shows us, is broken.
10 Sep 2015, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2015, 02:30 AMFrancis
Okay, you guys are going to have to bear with me asking this, but why in all Hell would a Pacific Theater be necessary, let alone feasible in Company of Heroes II?

Anyone who cares to give me a proper argument on how well this project could be carried out, be free to pop your head out.

From where are you coming? Did you hear a Pacific front is coming tot COH2?
10 Sep 2015, 14:05 PM

Though I can't really see them fitting into the combined arms mix unless they had access to cheap air support which as CAS commander shows us, is broken.

What if the pricing structure was radically changed? For example 350 MP 145 fuel for a strafe which could be reused on a timer until shot down. So if you're trading for one medium tank, you're losing.
10 Sep 2015, 14:09 PM

From where are you coming? Did you hear a Pacific front is coming tot COH2?

No, just wanted to see what was on peoples minds everytime the words "COH2" and "Japanese" are unleashed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 19
unknown 5
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak