Login

russian armor

Bofors needs a nerf against infantry

PAGES (11)down
4 Sep 2015, 20:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I was confused when my bofors wasnt suppressing,but instead killing like that flak gun vs the paratroopers in Saving Private ryan when I first used it.

It should really be SUPPRESSION first, and then that epic damage if/when you get pinned.

But regarding brace, it still needs to be difficult to dislodge,30 fuel and dat manpower as brits is no joke in lower 1v1/2v2 modes. :snfPeter:

In 3v3 4v4 tho,axis players,QQL2P,Smoke,flank it,build a panzerwerfer,etc.

4 Sep 2015, 20:18 PM

Oh yes, bofors absolutely destroyed light armor as well. Somebody thought it was a good idea to get in range of my bofors with a luch, I just LOLed it and it blowed uppppz
4 Sep 2015, 20:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 20:06 PMQbix

One is a core part of teching that will be build regardlessly while the other is an optional choice on top of teching costs. Nerf it and it won't be used. Yes it is strong. A "unit" with a clear purpose, for a change.

doesnt change the fact its overperforming.
4 Sep 2015, 20:21 PM

Absolute top tier brit tactics, two bofors defending same fuel point, so when the other is in brace, the other one can still shoot.
These forums sometimes tho :facepalm:
4 Sep 2015, 20:29 PM

Permanently Banned
Smoke and Flank
4 Sep 2015, 20:45 PM
Donator 33

Still confused why people are attacking the bofors with infantry. You don't attack the SWS in this manner. Damage tables could assist with the garrison issue correct?
4 Sep 2015, 20:58 PM

In general it's bad design to have any unit that can instantly kill anything that entire a certain radius of it. The Bofors needs it's accuracy profile mirrored to that of the Flak Truck so it's no longer hyper accurate in scatter AND base accuracy.

Still confused why people are attacking the bofors with infantry. You don't attack the SWS in this manner. Damage tables could assist with the garrison issue correct?

Attacking a Schwer HQ with multiple flanking infantry squads is very much a viable tactic, you can't tell what the Schwer to shoot at remember?

4 Sep 2015, 21:32 PM
Patrion 14

In general it's bad design to have any unit that can instantly kill anything that entire a certain radius of it. The Bofors needs it's accuracy profile mirrored to that of the Flak Truck so it's no longer hyper accurate in scatter AND base accuracy.

Attacking a Schwer HQ with multiple flanking infantry squads is very much a viable tactic, you can't tell what the Schwer to shoot at remember?

Have you heard of this thing called manpower bleed? It is this thing that happens to USF and UKF, and as a result they can't use their infantry as lemmings to make a schwerer look the wrong way. Not to mention any "bait" squad would evaporate within 2 bursts, freeing it to shoot at something else.

You CANNOT attack a Shwerer without indirect fire support or armor. Guess what works on the bofors? Hell, even a max range puma could outrange the bofors.

The only thing about the Bofors that needs to be fixed is its accuracy, but don't tell me it is hard to counter. Allies have been forced to deal with such a unit for a much longer time.
4 Sep 2015, 21:34 PM

wait, what are infantry going to do to a braced bofors?

Wait until it unbraces and gets blocked by walls of dead bodies
4 Sep 2015, 21:42 PM

because a panzer 4 will get rekt 1v1 frontal vs a bofor? lol
4 Sep 2015, 21:58 PM

Have you heard of this thing called manpower bleed? It is this thing that happens to USF and UKF,

It is a thing that happens to everyone.

and as a result they can't use their infantry as lemmings to make a schwerer look the wrong way

I never said attacking a Schwer with multiple squads was "smart" or "optimal" just that it was "possible" (Doing it with Penals though is not really hard at all, specially vet 2 ones). But there are tons of options for taking down a Schwer outside of rushing it with infantry, and it also doesn't just insta gib all infantry around it like the Bofors does.

Not to mention any "bait" squad would evaporate within 2 bursts, freeing it to shoot at something else.

The Schwer doesn't evaporate squads instantly is just does good damage like most Flak. Like you will not instantly turn into red mist if you dare walk into a Schwers cone of fire. Also interestingly enough because of the way the schwer works high received accuracy squads have an easier (not that much easier, mind you) time against it.

You CANNOT attack a Shwerer without indirect fire support or armor. Guess what works on the bofors? Hell, even a max range puma could outrange the bofors.

The Schwer doesn't have Brace to save the day. And the Puma only has 5 more range than the Bofors so I hope you micro perfectly because if you accidentally entire the cone of fire he will instantly kill you. Yes the Bofors CAN be countered, but as Dusty said this is 0 excuse for it's current performance. And the Bofors is much, much better against armor than a Schwer because of it's insane ROF

The only thing about the Bofors that needs to be fixed is its accuracy, but don't tell me it is hard to counter. Allies have been forced to deal with such a unit for a much longer time.

5 Sep 2015, 00:36 AM

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/67-coh-2-changelog?p=205531#post205531

New balance preview update. They just cut the mid and far accuracy in half, increased the scatter and did a bunch of changes to the damage it'll take and brace.
5 Sep 2015, 00:44 AM
Donator 11

Are you kidding me?

It's supposed to lock down an area that's the whole point. You shouldn't be attacking it with infantry at all. Use indirect units to force it to brace, then go in for the kill with flamers and stuff. AT guns work too.

By comparison, the OKW flak HQ does the same exact thing, except better in every way. Longer range and instant suppression.

:rofl: kill it with infantry and flame while braced :rofl:
5 Sep 2015, 02:23 AM

Give bofors similar suppression and damage to the flak HQ. Boom.. Problem solved, it will still lock down territory but not wipe a squad in seconds. Somebody put pgrens with shreks in a building next to my bofors, within 5 seconds that squad was wiped... lol.. Allied fanboys really need to get head out of ass.

Much needed imo. The problem isn't that the bofors locks down territory (it should), it is that currently the bofors is killing any infantry squads that get near it within one or two short bursts.
5 Sep 2015, 03:09 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

What's the range ?
5 Sep 2015, 03:35 AM

All the people who thinks it does to much damage I think I know why it does, Shrek blobs. From what I've observed of the British they seem to have a natural talent to utterly decimate and punish blobs, because of this they are very good at destroying infantry. MY suggestion to many German players is NOT TO BLOB YOUR ARMIES UP in exactly the same way the Allied Faction should. Basically this is Stuka OP all over again. A hard counter to blobs is given to one side and then the other side whines. The problem with it just suppressing is that the most common tactic of OKW is Shrek spam of doom and to be honest the Bofors absolutely hard counters that.

If you don't open your attacks against a static position with an Arty Barrage you sir are a blunt knife. The British are meant to counter human wave style blobs. It's their design philosophy. Perhaps you should learn to manoeuvre because the Britsh have a very slow rotate. Play the cut of game which is possible on many maps since the Brits are so immobile. IF you are struggling against the Bofors it's because many Axis players are used to countering Emplacements by running volks or Pazergrens at emplacements and throwing 6 shrecks into it, and I think Relic deliberately made this emplacement strong to counter that.

Just my thoughts.

As a side note: All this is not "bad game design" as someone who is studying the subject it's actually a text book example of achieving the aims of creating combined arms.

>Infantry get instantly destroyed by it
>Mortars and cannons can attack with impunity due to their range
>Brace is the go to reaction for being shelled.
>Infantry can now assault
>If opponent has supporting elements you also have artillery and time to move up your MG to suppress since he's braced
>If he's dug in his entire force at the fuel your hard counter is to rotate away.

If you're going to call it anything uninspired or unoriginal is more coreect.
5 Sep 2015, 03:43 AM

What's the range ?

45, as a general rule if it is an AA thing it typically fires at a range of 45, except the Ostwind of course.
5 Sep 2015, 04:18 AM

45, as a general rule if it is an AA thing it typically fires at a range of 45, except the Ostwind of course.

And Centaur has same range as Ostwind.

But of course, that was not worth mentioning...
5 Sep 2015, 04:44 AM

Here is a solution go counter attack tactics. Kappa
5 Sep 2015, 04:49 AM

Ya, after having played multiple games as the brits now I can honestly say that in my experience people who are losing to bofors are bad, and would have lost even if I had never built it. Keep in mind I don't play 1v1.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS