Login

russian armor

Bofors needs a nerf against infantry

PAGES (11)down
4 Sep 2015, 18:01 PM

Permanently Banned

Now it turns out brits already have tanks? Maybe problem is not bofors after all?

And British infantry? Are you forgot to build hmg or hate winning?

You should really try this so broken against infantry bofors in real games against good people like i did and then come back with "playing different game" arguments. Bofors is userfll, but so as all other options brits have, it costs fuels and dies easily to indirect fire, tanks and coordinated attacks.

Bugged and broken against garrisons tho.

Nah bofors is easy. I just build it on fuel point with a 6 pounder with like 3 infantry sections. Whats gonna stop me? Its definitely hilarious when you find out bofors can shoot back at mortars when occupied and will win easy. Decrews a mortars in less than 20 seconds with its stupid arty ability that both suppesses and kills. Brit emplacements have no downsides. And require immense outskilling or unit values to properly take out.
4 Sep 2015, 18:04 PM

Nah bofors is easy. I just build it on fuel point with a 6 pounder with like 3 infantry sections. Whats gonna stop me?

The enemy capping the entirety of the rest of the map and your cutoff. :S
4 Sep 2015, 18:07 PM

Permanently Banned

The enemy capping the entirety of the rest of the map and your cutoff. :S

tch maybe in a 1v1 but in a 2v2 when you only have to hold one side whats it matter? Infantry sections and one tank is all you need fall back to fuel point when it gets attacked.
4 Sep 2015, 18:09 PM

If static emplacement is too strong against your YOLO inf rushes, have you considered, I don't know, NOT walking your infantry blobs into its range?

Its not like it'll going to chase you.
4 Sep 2015, 18:15 PM

Oh no, bofors built on a fuel point and I cant cap it with 1 squad, means I need to put little effort and use combined arms to counter it?
Sounds damn familiar :megusta:
4 Sep 2015, 18:28 PM

ITT: people talking about 1v1s and team games interchangeably for the sake of disagreeing with each other.
4 Sep 2015, 18:30 PM

Some people haven't seen what AP rounds on a vet 1 HMG does to Brit emplacements. Just remember to put it behind green cover and not in a building. :foreveralone:

You're all welcome :foreveralone:
4 Sep 2015, 18:30 PM

I shit you not, I have footage on a replay of a bofors killing a jagdpanzer. The thing is a tad bit op.
4 Sep 2015, 18:35 PM

What are the stats on the SWS Flak truck?

It's much less accurate against infantry but has perfect accuracy against vehicles because it's classified as "small arms" for ~reasons~.

Oh no, bofors built on a fuel point and I cant cap it with 1 squad, means I need to put little effort and use combined arms to counter it?
Sounds damn familiar :megusta:

The difference is that the Schwer HQ cannot Brace itself to become almost unkillable until the cavalry arrives.
4 Sep 2015, 18:36 PM

By comparison, the OKW flak HQ does the same exact thing, except better in every way. Longer range and instant suppression.

edit: looked at wrong numbers, argument still stands: bofors is better...

the schwere panzer hq doesnt have more range than the bofors (same), it has less accuracy and less DPS tho.

also: if brit emplacements need brace because they're immobile... why do pak43s not have that? or mg bunkers?
4 Sep 2015, 18:39 PM

It's much less accurate against infantry but has perfect accuracy against vehicles because it's classified as "small arms" for ~reasons~.

The difference is that the Schwer HQ cannot Brace itself to become almost unkillable until the cavalry arrives.

Well its a tier, not a unit. Brace is double edge sword and be used for tactical purpose.
You dont need to kill it to advance. You just need to turn it into Brace.
4 Sep 2015, 18:40 PM

Well the last time I remembered attacking an anti infantry emplacement, within its range, with infantry, was a bad idea.

You don't kill a SWS flak with infantry. You attack ground out of range or use vehicles. And if he Braces while doing so move in. And if he lifts the brace your still attacking from out of range with a PAK or vehicle. Can't play the brace game all day, gotta fight or die eventually.

USF Zooks / penal blob can do this pretty easy as long as they are not bunched.
4 Sep 2015, 18:43 PM

edit: looked at wrong numbers, argument still stands: bofors is better...

the schwere panzer hq doesnt have more range than the bofors (same), it has less accuracy and less DPS tho.

also: if brit emplacements need brace because they're immobile... why do pak43s not have that? or mg bunkers?

When was the Last time you paid so much fuel for a Pak 43?
4 Sep 2015, 18:46 PM
Patrion 28

so is the damage an issue (i would look to compare it to the flakHQ for a lot of reasons) or is brace an issue?
4 Sep 2015, 18:53 PM

when was the last time a pak43 wiped an entire infantry squad that happened to walk into its range in a single burst?
4 Sep 2015, 18:56 PM

I shit you not, I have footage on a replay of a bofors killing a jagdpanzer. The thing is a tad bit op.

That must have been hilarious sight to see that Bofors outmanouver JP4, get on its rear and stay there long enough to kill it.

I suppose we won't see that replay.
4 Sep 2015, 18:56 PM

It's kind of like having get your opponent to give you permission to attack.
4 Sep 2015, 19:00 PM

People will soon realise the easiest way to counter Brit emplacements is a mortar/LeIG or two. He's spent 400 MP or more on it, you can afford that counter.

It dies very, very quickly if not braced as it takes double damage. If you keep barraging it the emplacement dies in no time as it comes off brace. Mortars have a constant DPS, give no time for brace to cooldown and don't allow the opportunity to repair.

Works against OKW too oddly enough, very effective.
4 Sep 2015, 19:00 PM

I don't get 90 percent of the comments here.

We know how to counter the dam thing, the point is it has stupid max range accuracy that wipes squads in the radius that are there for more than a second.

Stop with the fanboy bullshit and acknowledge that there actually is a problem, and that fixing it won't make the bofors bad, it will make it less retarded.

Jesus, the usual shit posters like Katitof with their circular arguments just piss me off so much. Yall shouldn't even be on the balance forums.
4 Sep 2015, 19:01 PM

When was the last time the Pak43 was non-doctrinal?
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS