Login

russian armor

Bofors needs a nerf against infantry

PAGES (11)down
5 Sep 2015, 05:26 AM

the bofor does seems to vaporize infantry a bit too quick. Feels like it's twice as effective as the OKW flak truck.
5 Sep 2015, 06:30 AM

Didn't realize it was so much stronger then in alpha. Wiped squads in seconds. i could see why it needed a nerf.
5 Sep 2015, 06:49 AM

Bofors is a unit, not a tier. Therefore it would be stupid to make it like a Schwerer.

Second thing, its hard counter to infantry and soft to Light vehicles. So here is a question. Why would you even engage it with infantry? Do you engage Schwerer with infantry without smoke?

As for the wiping squads in 1 burst at certain range, 251/17 can do it very well.
With good micro, in 2v2 you can achieve up to 50 kills with it. Sure, its worse but put it behind corner and watch how it wipes.

Is it better than during alpha? Good. In alpha it was piece of pudding and no one used it.
5 Sep 2015, 08:03 AM

It needs a penetration nerf lol. 40mm should not be reliably penetrating StuG frontal armour. That's the 17lbr's job.
5 Sep 2015, 08:40 AM

It needs a penetration nerf lol. 40mm should not be reliably penetrating StuG frontal armour. That's the 17lbr's job.

the pen on the bofor is actually lower than the 20mm on the truck.

what bofor do have is pure dps since it fire alot more often.
5 Sep 2015, 08:53 AM

I dunno. Still shouldn't be penetrating. If that means nerfing the penetration on the truck's 37mm (it's a 37mm gun), so be it. Autocannons should not be penetrating tank armour.
5 Sep 2015, 20:39 PM

I dunno. Still shouldn't be penetrating. If that means nerfing the penetration on the truck's 37mm (it's a 37mm gun), so be it. Autocannons should not be penetrating tank armour.

That damn thing ever penned my IS-2.

6 Sep 2015, 04:42 AM

This unit is pretty bullshit. Bofors combined with a mortar pit in the correct spot on a 1v1 map will completely lock it down.
6 Sep 2015, 06:33 AM

Use barrage from mortar/isg, force brace, attack with infantry.

Not that hard, isn't it?

Awesome!!! Please show us a replay where YOU are doing this as an expert example to all us n00bs.
Thanks
6 Sep 2015, 08:01 AM

The enemy capping the entirety of the rest of the map and your cutoff. :S

And it doesnt work in 2v2 against double brits ))
6 Sep 2015, 08:24 AM

Awesome!!! Please show us a replay where YOU are doing this as an expert example to all us n00bs.
Thanks

You can try it yourself.

You can also try double mortarHTcs or isgs which rape all british emplacements even with permanent brace. But hell no, infantry should totally a-move into British emplacements just fine too, coz game is all about building blobs.
6 Sep 2015, 08:50 AM

3. OKW truck costs MORE. Da fuq are you talking about?

I want to see a bofos that unlocks me commandos , cromwell , comet and centaur (because british dont have light ai tank)

Dont compare 2 different units. One is teching building that cost no popcap = manpower over time

unlock teching not slow it down.

Also flack is bonus of teching it is not meant primary for locking down an area.

NOTE : It also does not disable puma from teching

Only superior thing that bofos have is brace. Nothing else it does better than flak hq. (in both of them you dont want to move infnatry near it)

EDIT: next patch will probably brace be nerfed so it cant brace for 60 seconds after end of brace whitch is big window of opportunity to just nuke it with dive bomb , stuka or simly lolrush it with tank or continue mortar barrage.

I think it will be fine next patch it will be strong but counterable if you use brain
6 Sep 2015, 11:41 AM

The bofors' damage Output seems rather broken than "working as intended", will be fixed soon.
7 Sep 2015, 05:09 AM

Not just against infantry. It needs a severe accuracy nerf, as well as a penetration nerf so that it's not soloing panzer IVs, Ostwinds and StuGs alone.

Then, brace needs to be nerfed so that once activated, it lasts a duration and then has a cooldown. It's simply far too strong for its own good currently. Brace makes the thing damn near indestructible, and it comes out way too early, I mean 5 minutes into the game it can lock down 1/3rd of the map on smaller 2v2 maps.
7 Sep 2015, 05:17 AM

I was playing with my buddy who was brits. Some poor puma ran into his bofors. Poof! That puma was gone is seconds. I couldn't believe it lol. The accuracy is incredible.
7 Sep 2015, 05:40 AM

My main problem is its penetration. In one game, It almost killed 3 of my Pumas.
7 Sep 2015, 05:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2015, 19:00 PMJonky
People will soon realise the easiest way to counter Brit emplacements is a mortar/LeIG or two. He's spent 400 MP or more on it, you can afford that counter.

It dies very, very quickly if not braced as it takes double damage. If you keep barraging it the emplacement dies in no time as it comes off brace. Mortars have a constant DPS, give no time for brace to cooldown and don't allow the opportunity to repair.

Works against OKW too oddly enough, very effective.

Haha nice one there!

OT guys guys I think the OP meant the bofors has a bit too high accuracy.

Mind you, I don't have a lot of experience playing against this so I shall not venture an opinion of my own.
7 Sep 2015, 06:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 05:41 AMJunaid

Haha nice one there!

OT guys guys I think the OP meant the bofors has a bit too high accuracy.

Mind you, I don't have a lot of experience playing against this so I shall not venture an opinion of my own.

After seeing it more it is horrific, kills infantry and light vehicles far too quickly even given how easily countered I feel emplacements are.
7 Sep 2015, 07:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2015, 05:40 AMRMMLz
My main problem is its penetration. In one game, It almost killed 3 of my Pumas.

Puma is an armored CAR.

Bofors is a 40mm AA gun.

If axis 40mm AA flak penetrates TANKs, what makes you believe allied 40mm flak shouldn't penetrate CAR?
anything lighter then ostwind is and should be ripped apart by it when it comes to armor.
7 Sep 2015, 07:26 AM

Actually I punish any type of emplacement with a Mortar HT + 40 ammo, but that reduce my experience to 1 commander (I probably need to buy some other with the unit, probably Relic conspiracy to make me buy stuff)
After all if a Bofor is able to insta kill any infantry in range + light vehicles. It is fine to think any emplacement can be insta-kill by a mortar HT isn't it? same skill level is required.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 20
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak