Login

russian armor

Bofors needs a nerf against infantry

PAGES (11)down
9 Sep 2015, 08:07 AM

Could someone please re-BAN this nice person?
He is polluting my sight and everyone's else too. The ban hammer works like a little reminder for him: for a short while, he will behave again properly.

I PMed Major for this, looks like our rather splendid moderators have no intention doing so.
They banned him like 4 times and he is still like this. I can't find a single reason NOT to permabanning him.
9 Sep 2015, 10:09 AM

How is this still an ARGUEMENT?? Kidding me?? Wow.. This shows the ridiculous bias on the forums...

They're fucking insane.
9 Sep 2015, 10:44 AM

I find little weird that someone can even complain thats is boring to use 2 commanders with MHT all the time while none axis player was complaining about picking CAS in every game for months.
In other words its boring when enemy is forcing me to use doctrine but its not boring when I can choose it on my own :P
9 Sep 2015, 13:50 PM

Been seeing double mortar/double leig a lot in 2v2s. Brit mid game feels useless against it. Not as bad as snipers but fuck we're having a tough time with our games.
9 Sep 2015, 14:02 PM

Ostheer doesn't have much choice but to go MHT if they face a Brit that may go for bofors or other emplacements.

Ostheer can try to get away with regular mortars versus bofors but when the bofors has brace, self repair (doc), and the volley ability which immediately pins and wipes mortars within their own range than no decent player will lose it.
9 Sep 2015, 14:19 PM

The very first thing I did on September 2nd was go and put money in my Steam Wallet(Dear God you talk about an abusive practice) so I could get Spearhead Tactics.
That's pretty much the anti-British commander at the moment, MHT, Panzer Tactician, Recon, Frag Bombs, oh, and this little thing called a Tiger.
9 Sep 2015, 22:53 PM
10 Sep 2015, 20:49 PM

I feel that the nonsense stereotype power is very strong here.

Why people defend the bofors so strong with the known fact that is need some kind of nerf.

"Stop blobbing!" -> if a 4 man squad is a blob, then i totally agree with you

"use indirect fire, it's very easy to kill" -> brace

"during brace it cant shoot back" -> yes, but other units do

"but but but schwerer panzer hq does the same" -> give the bofors the same stats and i am happy

What so ever.. problems i encountered were those insta wipes. Even when i just detect one of this things and insta retreat my squads get insta wiped. unlucky retreat path, dead. Inf in a building: very unhealthy.
Medium armor like pz4, forget it. bofors longrange pen is too good in my opinion. "But look at those 40mm shells, realism baby" -> sure my friend,..sure, now take your pills and go to bed

What kinda practical counter we have.
Ost:
-mortars: soft counter (very very soft counter; soft like throwing pillows) but it works if enemy is mindly handycapped and dont use any counters or even better: have a mortar pit nearby

-paks: yeah, those brace thing again

-heavies: "wait what? already late game?"

OKW:

-leIG: *see mortar

-raketenwerfer: i wont try again

-stuka zu fuß: not very effective, but that is actually a good thing

-heavies: yes, or even wait for a jagdtiger

I think my post is totally over the top but just reading most of the post killed my nerves.

Kinda feel that it needs a rebalance including brace with a CD. But like every rebalance i hope they wont nerf it to dead.

But hey, dont forget, the job of the bofors is to LOCK DOWN an area. And yes, when they would nerf it and cant insta kill in max range anymore, people will avoid that area and bofors dont kill anymore that easy, but it doesnt meant it is overnerfed and doesnt do its job.

I am sure you also dont run into a schwerer panzer hq, if you now its location right?!
12 Sep 2015, 01:51 AM

The pak 43 doing same insta kill thing to allied tanks, (ignores shot blockers and deals huge damge and u dont have react time to get back with your paper tank) and most of the playaers defending it because it is static. And boffors isnt same thing? Just insta killing infantrys so dont't get close it with your infs. U can easly kill it with paks ( use atack ground u don't need sight). I dont know defending pak43 and nerfing same thing in allied hand is fair or not? because both static and both insta killing.
12 Sep 2015, 02:36 AM

You can try it yourself.

You can also try double mortarHTcs or isgs which rape all british emplacements even with permanent brace. But hell no, infantry should totally a-move into British emplacements just fine too, coz game is all about building blobs.

The funniest thing about this thread is that it is all about needing a nerf for a 400mp unit that can't move and is hard countered by a moveable mortar that causes barely over half as much manpower, and no fuel. It clearly needed nerf because the a-move blob of shrek death couldn't reliably kill it.
12 Sep 2015, 05:57 AM
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 10
unknown 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L